Stay without visa or desert you Children

sanemax

Stay without visa or desert you Children   

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, madmen said:

Sorry not true 11000 baht gets you in , just choose your state on the link and take off rent assistance and your down to 8000 to 9000 baht approx/ month. Most of us are pensioners and entitled to it

I agree its not easy to get visa there either so your probably better off with an agent here but how long will that even last? Families that don't qualify for long term visa need to make some hard decisions and soon

https://www.realestate.com.au/rent/property-unit+apartment-house-between-0-125-in-qld/list-1?source=location-search

Last couple I knew it was over $20,000 AUD for bonds for temporary visas for 3 months.

Money refunded after departure.

No medical in country, or any other benefits

If one cannot remain in Thailand on current financials, then they will not make it Australia.

One bedroom apartment in Lismore NSW, $300 aud per week, closer you get to Sydney or Brisbane more expensive

3 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Then it is pretty pointless, there are always options.

When I see this sort of poll I get the feeling the OP is in exactly that position but cannot lose face by admitting it so creates a poll to see what advice others may give.

Well, I am in that position and have no issues about admitting it , even more difficult for me, because my boy isnt a Thai national and I cannot either take him out of Thailand or get a Thai  visa because of him .

I've kept my visa up to date  , but the options to keep on doing that are declining , all the doors are closing , reports of Embassys issuing just one tourist visa per year .

At the moment its still possible to stay in Thailand , but with the visa clampdowns , that may not be possible in the future .

And  , no, I am not asking other people what they are doing , I have my own plan 

9 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

All pure speculation to feed the ongoing paranoia that TVF has become noted for recently.

Not speculation at all and not paranoia .

There have been confirmed reports this week of Hanoi refusing education visas and semi confirmed reports that Vientiane will only be issuing one tourist visa per year per person 

If you love your kids, you'd do anything to be with them. Depends how old you are I guess. If I was in my 70s on my last legs I would probably just chance it without a visa, hopefully I would be dead before they tried to deport me. "Fixing" your visa situation is not always as easy as some posters have said.

If I was younger and the kids were safe, I would follow the visa regulations and go to Cebu and enjoy myself for a bit.

48 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes that and what "clampdown" is it all referring too as the money is the same as before.

I guess the clampdown is they cannot lie to their embassy any longer.

Bunch of ridiculous nonsense people need to grow up, adjust to change and be adults.

Geez...

Are you suggesting that all other nationalities outside British, American and Australian are still lying to their embassies then? If not, then maybe you're suggesting that only the British, American and Australians tell lies?

42 minutes ago, madmen said:

Simply not true. Stay out of the big cities and there are plenty of cheap accommodation , rent assistance , free medicare, Nearly free meds on PBS and higher pensions with add ons.. and coles and Woolworths and especially Aldi do plenty of real food specials, wine and cheese, salamis OMG its fantastic!

i found it too expensive living on an o/a pension in oz.

Just now, NanLaew said:

Are you suggesting that all other nationalities outside British, American and Australian are still lying to their embassies then? If not, then maybe you're suggesting that only the British, American and Australians tell lies?

Those other embassies didn't panic . OZ ,yanks and poms threw in the towel immediately 

17 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Well, I am in that position and have no issues about admitting it , even more difficult for me, because my boy isnt a Thai national and I cannot either take him out of Thailand or get a Thai  visa because of him .

I've kept my visa up to date  , but the options to keep on doing that are declining , all the doors are closing , reports of Embassys issuing just one tourist visa per year .

At the moment its still possible to stay in Thailand , but with the visa clampdowns , that may not be possible in the future .

And  , no, I am not asking other people what they are doing , I have my own plan 

Thank you for your honesty. I takes a man to admit the truth. You have my respect Max.

I'm usually a cynical, critical bastard on here but I do , in all sincerity, hope everything works out for you and your son.

34 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Well , to take your Family to the UK , to get a visa , you have to show a UK income for a certain amount from the last few years  , 20 000 odd GBP I believe and if you havent earnt that every year for the last few years , you cannot get a UK visa for the UK and thus it wouldnt be possible to take your family to the UK

Equally difficult to do same to Australia, those who suggest it have obviously never made inquiries.

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

We Europeans (contrarily to the British) have decent wages, decent pensions and a good social security system. Why would we have to tell lies?

Don't forget that to move to the UK, you will either need a house or £200k to buy one, unless you want to live in one of the Muslim enclaves of Leicester, Bradford, Birmingham, Luton etc.

Not sure your wife would like wearing a burka.

4 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

Equally difficult to do same to Australia, those who suggest it have obviously never made inquiries.

I've done it for the wife and you are dead right mate - not exactly cheap. Add the problem of me preferring Thailand and her preferring Oz and it gets even more complicated, but we've come to a compromise.

55 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Where is the take my family to Cambodia or whatever with me option?

Or the "Don't have children with a national of a country in which you have no right of abode unless you are thinking of applying for citizenship or taking the family to your own country" option.

2 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Ok, so Hanoi and the others are within the legislation as it now stands

Yes, the rules apply to all Embassy's and they all have the same criteria in regards to the amount required for a visa 

38 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Ok, I am pretty sure there are other ways, but we say you are right. So, if you are from the UK and can´t bring your family there even as you are UK citizen because there are rules for that. How in the whole wide world can anybody then expect that Thailand should be a haven without rules and requirements?

Its not the 'rules and requirements' but the complete lack of consideration or empathy.

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes that and what "clampdown" is it all referring too as the money is the same as before.

I guess the clampdown is they cannot lie to their embassy any longer.

Bunch of ridiculous nonsense people need to grow up, adjust to change and be adults.

Geez...

Exactly! Coming here with no means and almost from start breaking the Immigration law in one way or another was easy. When life suddenly catch up, then it´s just to complain and bring up the bad situations and doomsday fantasies.

Ohh, better call mama and ask why the country I came to with not enough means don´t do like I want them to do? Right, they need to grow up and relize that there is something called planning and responsible choices in life.

Archived