Stay without visa or desert you Children

sanemax

Stay without visa or desert you Children   

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 7/27/2019 at 8:12 AM, sanemax said:

Tai-Yai  woman without Thai I.D , although can stay in Thailand legally .

Just in the process of getting him and her Thai I.D .

Dont know whether it will be successful or how long it will take though

My mom-in-law was a Vietnamese from Laos way, way back.  Allowed in Thailand, but under certain restrictions.  She spent some time in a camp after we left for the USA for going outside the province she was restricted to.  MIL had a little unofficially adopted Thai boy. His father went away in the Thai military and his "son" was too dark when he came back - couldn't be his kid.  When MIL was in the prison camp for a fairly long while, the kid went a little wild as the other kids in the family didn't care much.  We were helpless in the USA due to being young, poor, no paperwork, poor communication and etc. The kid got in trouble and eventually died of AIDS in prison as a teenager. I loved that little boy.

I can more than sympathize with displaced people.  My last year and a half in Thailand 1979/1980 was working with the US refugee program, mostly resettling Laotian refugees. My little buddy at our wedding in 1978:

image.png.f2969bf334f91989958507b35a7a1853.png

Do WHATEVER IT TAKES! 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

In UK you must prove a sufficient income and get medical insurance for wife and kids if the foreign family is not from EU. Anyway the Thai families could not survive an English winter, or dreadful schools or the gang violence. THEY would leave you in the UK to return to Thailand!

So, in Thailand you have to show sufficent income and som things more. That´s same.

No winter and you appearently look at it as better schools, smaller gang violence at thats ame time as you get to keep and stay with your family. 

Summary: Much better in Thailand then. So, why complain then?

5 hours ago, ericthai said:

If you have children in Thailand you can get a visa, so it's a mute question. 

Yes, but the thread is about what if the rules changed in a way that made you ineligible. It is a hypothetical situation, but a question that is on the minds of people who have watched regulations change over and over for the last decade.

Why can't people just drop all the negativity towards the poll.

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

Why can't people just drop all the negativity towards the poll

Well why don't you have a poll to see why there's so much negativity? 

Maybe it's because people are tired of the constant stream of negativity from all the TV drama queens and they feel embarrassed by so many of the childish responses. Even Chicken Little would be embarrassed by it all. 

There are are actual posts with people congratulating each other for being a " real man " for responding to this poll. An exercise in silliness. Sound  and fury signifying nada.

9 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Really? I thought Malaysia was an easier option than Thailand?

Easier in that maybe less hoops to jump through and visa for 10 years. Requirements are that you need an income of 10,000 Malaysian ringgit a month and (or?) 300,000 ringgit in cash to get the visa. At current exchange rates that is 80,000 baht a month or 2.4 million baht in cash ..... so if you qualify for My second home, you should easily be able to qualify in Thailand for retirement, or even afford the Elite visa.

5 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Well why don't you have a poll to see why there's so much negativity? 

Maybe it's because people are tired of the constant stream of negativity from all the TV drama queens and they feel embarrassed by so many of the childish responses. Even Chicken Little would be embarrassed by it all. 

There are are actual posts with people congratulating each other for being a " real man " for responding to this poll. An exercise in silliness. Sound  and fury signifying nada.

So people are negative because they are tired of negativity? Did you work hard on that response.

This thread has a real issue at it's heart. People who have committed to being here based on what the rules were, and are now afraid that further changes will force them to leave family and investments.

Nobody can be sure rules won't change to their disadvantage. 

Archived