Stay without visa or desert you Children

sanemax

Stay without visa or desert you Children   

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HLover said:

Leaving you children would be cruel.  They are you responsibility and you visa problems should be taken care of. For the sake of you loved ones.

Yes, but for whatever reason, you were unable to get a visa and you just had two options ?

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Yes, but for whatever reason, you were unable to get a visa and you just had two options ?

That would be a very tough decision on you and you family.  I shall vote in you poll now.

I would leave.  Better than staying here, risk black list, incarceration, NO job, NO income - NO way!  Plus, the family can come with me as we remain as a unit while I provide.  So I'm out. 

5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Not another post about how hard it is to get a visa, and the TM30, plus 90 day,

posts, enough already.

regards worgeordie

No it isnt , it is a question that some posters may have to deal with in reality in the future, not another post about how hard it is to get a visa , no .(And no mention of TM30 or 90 day ) 

The family comes first and in the event I could never get another visa I would just keep "my head down" and hope for the best because in that event all the time I get to spend extra before being rumbled would be a bonus.

Then and only then once blacklisted would I take the family out of Thailand

27 minutes ago, sanemax said:

As we all know , there have been numerous Visa clampdowns and if it came to the point where you couldn't get a Visa , would you leave , leaving your Children behind , or stay without a visa ?

I am very surprised of you as an OP and of all the other followers on this very imcomplete thread. How would it have been to at least make a choice of bringing them to your home country as a possibility. I guess that was to hard to think about, right?

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

I am very surprised of you as an OP and of all the other followers on this very imcomplete thread. How would it have been to at least make a choice of bringing them to your home country as a possibility. I guess that was to hard to think about, right?

For some people , that isnt a possibility .

In such event, I'd go to Malaysia under M2H first, and assess what our options would be:

. Stay there by myself and travel back and forth to/from Thailand,

. Get the whole family to Malaysia,

. Resettle the whole family in Europe. Sadly I can't say Oz or NZ anymore because of the horrendous cost of living and income tax.

The right choice would depend on the age of the kids, when disaster would strike.

25 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Not another post about how hard it is to get a visa, and the TM30, plus 90 day,

posts, enough already.

regards worgeordie

Yes that and what "clampdown" is it all referring too as the money is the same as before.

I guess the clampdown is they cannot lie to their embassy any longer.

Bunch of ridiculous nonsense people need to grow up, adjust to change and be adults.

Geez...

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes that and what "clampdown" is it all referring too as the money is the same as before.

I guess the clampdown is they cannot lie to their embassy any longer.

Bunch of ridiculous nonsense people need to grow up, adjust to change and be adults.

Geez...

There have been well documented visa clamp downs in the last few years and theres likely to be further clampdowns .

(OK , not a visa clampdown) ,but some people may not be able to meet the financial requirements for their visa , due to their currencies depreciation and they may not be eligible for a visa .

That could be the stark reality that some people will face and its hardly "adult" behavior to dismiss my poll as being nonsense and write a condescending reply .

38 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Well if you do not leave, and you are detained without a visa , you end up in detention and deported, banned from returning for some time. same result.

Leaving and doing what you can to obtain a visa gives you more chance of being there for the kids

12 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Sadly I can't say Oz or NZ anymore because of the horrendous cost of living

Simply not true. Stay out of the big cities and there are plenty of cheap accommodation , rent assistance , free medicare, Nearly free meds on PBS and higher pensions with add ons.. and coles and Woolworths and especially Aldi do plenty of real food specials, wine and cheese, salamis OMG its fantastic!

2 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Well if you do not leave, and you are detained without a visa , you end up in detention and deported, banned from returning for some time. same result.

Leaving and doing what you can to obtain a visa gives you more chance of being there for the kids

But that is not an option within Sanemax's post. He clearly states "assuming you can not get a visa" so what not just answer the question directly ?

Maybe time for the old guys who came here and had kids to reflect on their lives and start contingency planning now. And for those that haven't bred yet....get a vasectomy asap.

Why only two options in the poll? Where is the take my family to Cambodia or whatever with me option?

4 minutes ago, madmen said:

Simply not true. Stay out of the big cities and there are plenty of cheap accommodation , rent assistance , free medicare, Nearly free meds on PBS and higher pensions with add ons.. and coles and Woolworths and especially Aldi do plenty of real food specials, wine and cheese, salamis OMG its fantastic!

Getting visa for wife and kids is not an easy thing, and very costly

Cannot get benefits for at least two years in most circumstances

House prices in even most rural areas, remain expensive, work difficult 

3 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Why only two options in the poll? Where is the take my family to Cambodia or whatever with me option?

Because the poll only concerns people who cannot stay any longer in Thailand and cannot take their kids with them 

23 minutes ago, sanemax said:

For some people , that isnt a possibility .

And for some it is, so it should have been as a choice to make your servey worth something.

I can not for my life understand, how it can be impossible to bring your family to your home country. If the family agree, that will say. Can you plaease explain that to me. What more can be impossible?

9 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

But that is not an option within Sanemax's post. He clearly states "assuming you can not get a visa" so what not just answer the question directly ?

Get another visa outside the country, you obviously had one to be able live and breed in Thailand

The term "being there" , not immediately in person, but supporting from outside Thailand, and hopefully returning and looking at alternatives, external from a detention centre

Just now, Matzzon said:

And for some it is, so it should have been as a choice to make your servey worth something.

I can not for my life understand, how it can be impossible to bring your family to your home country. If the family agree, that will say. Can you plaease explain that to me. What more can be impossible?

Well , to take your Family to the UK , to get a visa , you have to show a UK income for a certain amount from the last few years  , 20 000 odd GBP I believe and if you havent earnt that every year for the last few years , you cannot get a UK visa for the UK and thus it wouldnt be possible to take your family to the UK

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Because the poll only concerns people who cannot stay any longer in Thailand and cannot take their kids with them 

Then it is pretty pointless, there are always options.

When I see this sort of poll I get the feeling the OP is in exactly that position but cannot lose face by admitting it so creates a poll to see what advice others may give.

Then we have another aspect. Who could even consider moving to a foreign country, get married and have children without having 400k baht to show for. We are talking about 14000 dollar as a security for living, marry and have the responsibility for children in a foreign country. Everything less than that is an insult to human intelligence.

4 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Get another visa outside the country, you obviously had one to be able live and breed in Thailand

What a good idea , never thought of that .

Just hope that they havent began clamping down on issuing visas . lets hope Vientiane doesnt start just giving out one TV per year and that Hanoi doesnt start rejecting Ed visas

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Well , to take your Family to the UK , to get a visa , you have to show a UK income for a certain amount from the last few years  , 20 000 odd GBP I believe and if you havent earnt that every year for the last few years , you cannot get a UK visa for the UK and thus it wouldnt be possible to take your family to the UK

Ok, I am pretty sure there are other ways, but we say you are right. So, if you are from the UK and can´t bring your family there even as you are UK citizen because there are rules for that. How in the whole wide world can anybody then expect that Thailand should be a haven without rules and requirements?

4 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Getting visa for wife and kids is not an easy thing, and very costly

Cannot get benefits for at least two years in most circumstances

House prices in even most rural areas, remain expensive, work difficult 

Sorry not true 11000 baht gets you in , just choose your state on the link and take off rent assistance and your down to 8000 to 9000 baht approx/ month. Most of us are pensioners and entitled to it

I agree its not easy to get visa there either so your probably better off with an agent here but how long will that even last? Families that don't qualify for long term visa need to make some hard decisions and soon

https://www.realestate.com.au/rent/property-unit+apartment-house-between-0-125-in-qld/list-1?source=location-search

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

What a good idea , never thought of that .

Just hope that they havent began clamping down on issuing visas . lets hope Vientiane doesnt start just giving out one TV per year and that Hanoi doesnt start rejecting Ed visas

All pure speculation to feed the ongoing paranoia that TVF has become noted for recently.

The reality is people have many options to stay in Thailand alone, with their kids or with their family. If someone is really that broke then there is simply no hope for them. They would probably end up meeting both criteria in the poll. Stay without a visa, get locked up, blacklisted and deported and separated form the kids, possibly permanently.

Archived