Will i have a 1 day overstay on my visa?

Hello

I have visa 3 years for work but now my visa near expires

I'm about to book my flight and depending on my choice flight time 01.05am. 24th august.

So i go to airport on 23rd august for checkin and get boarding pass  until time for fly to home at time 04.40 am. 24 august.

But my visa expires 23rd august.

~Will i have a 1 day overstay on my visa?? or i get an overstay stamp??

~what happen with me in destination airport?

best regards

If you visa expires 23, then you have to leave on 22 as 23 will already be 1 day overstay. If you go through immigration before midnight on 22, then you all clear , but if you go through past midnight , technically 1 day overstay though they may let it go without 500 baht fine 

44 minutes ago, BestB said:

If you visa expires 23, then you have to leave on 22 as 23 will already be 1 day overstay. If you go through immigration before midnight on 22, then you all clear , but if you go through past midnight , technically 1 day overstay though they may let it go without 500 baht fine 

If the visa/extension expires 23, overstay will not be applicable till 24.

11 minutes ago, stevenl said:

If the visa/extension expires 23, overstay will not be applicable till 24.

Incorrect, visa valid until 23, means 22 is the last day, this is what i was told/explained at immigration and once was fined for overstay because i left on the day of expiry at 10 am

I have a few necessary things to do on 22 aug.

Can you go apply for an extension at immigration 1900 baht and given 7 days to leave the country?

I am pretty convinced overstays are avoidable (and always undesirable) unless you decide to leave the last day and your flight is cancelled with no other option to leave.

• Like 1