UK PM Johnson tells EU: ditch backstop or face no-deal Brexit

rooster59

3 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

Choice of words is entertaining to say the least,better than when the punt was described as one of the core currencies of the EU before the Euro came along  lol

Now the statement  Eire has the EU in its corner"  if you could indeed post a link,and I mean a  substantiated link,not a throw away gesture ,indeed the EU have stated billions would be set aside to help Eire through difficult times ...Indeed it most certainly has but this would come as loans to be paid back with interest,sort of Greek style austerity  lies ahead

After Leo has finished a bending session he must come to the conclusion the UK has  (or better still ,England) has  Eire well and truly on the ropes.   

Brexit  means out,no doubt there, France throws barriers up,no UK trucks there,Holland and Belgium has stated passage will be possible,but Eire has the toughest time of all,no passage of anything through the UK,now that is one massive bargaining chip I would say,fact is I would not bargain it away,bankruptcy within a week or two.

Yes very interesting times ahead ,looking forward to it all

The govt of Eire contacted every EU govt after the brexit referendum to ensure that their concerns over the consequences of brexit on the Good Friday Agreement were part of any negotiations and deal with the uk. 

The EU has supported these concerns throughout and the backstop is the result. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

The truth is the EU never wanted Eire in the EU Too far away from the centre of events,too troublesome,and yes totally and utterly dependent on the UK for its existence,     The EU should get together and say to Eire " here is ten bob,now clear off"    ps  hope you are finished  lol

Brexitocracy rule 4: always start propaganda deflection nonsense with a claim to be telling the truth. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Brexitocracy rule 4: always start propaganda deflection nonsense with a claim to be telling the truth. 

Just as the statement "The Punt is a core currency of the EU"  lol   Eire is kaput,no doubt about what is going to happen,maybe a Berlin style airlift to help it through,but try as Eire might  ,those borrowed funds from the EU will have to be paid back with massive interest,yes Greek style austerity looms,might make the potato famine look like the feast of the five thousand

1 minute ago, zorrow424 said:

Just as the statement "The Punt is a core currency of the EU"  lol   Eire is kaput,no doubt about what is going to happen,maybe a Berlin style airlift to help it through,but try as Eire might  ,those borrowed funds from the EU will have to be paid back with massive interest,yes Greek style austerity looms,might make the potato famine look like the feast of the five thousand

What are you rambling about in your first sentence?

The rest of your post is typical troll baiting so I’ll ignore it...

25 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

Choice of words is entertaining to say the least,better than when the punt was described as one of the core currencies of the EU before the Euro came along  lol

Now the statement  Eire has the EU in its corner"  if you could indeed post a link,and I mean a  substantiated link,not a throw away gesture ,indeed the EU have stated billions would be set aside to help Eire through difficult times ...Indeed it most certainly has but this would come as loans to be paid back with interest,sort of Greek style austerity  lies ahead

After Leo has finished a bending session he must come to the conclusion the UK has  (or better still ,England) has  Eire well and truly on the ropes.   

Brexit  means out,no doubt there, France throws barriers up,no UK trucks there,Holland and Belgium has stated passage will be possible,but Eire has the toughest time of all,no passage of anything through the UK,now that is one massive bargaining chip I would say,fact is I would not bargain it away,bankruptcy within a week or two.

Yes very interesting times ahead ,looking forward to it all 

"but Eire has the toughest time of all,no passage of anything through the UK,now that is one massive bargaining chip I would say,fact is I would not bargain it away,bankruptcy within a week or two.

Yes very interesting times ahead ,looking forward to it all "

I think if that would applicated  …. very quick the "possible " passage would also be re-considered by Belgium and The Netherlands in solidarity with Ireland as all 27 promised ????

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

A "Berlin style airlift".  Well in that case would it mean the EU support aircraft would have to avoid United Kingdom airspace or risk being shot down by the BAAG ( Brexit Anti Aircraft Gunners) ?

1 minute ago, david555 said:

"but Eire has the toughest time of all,no passage of anything through the UK,now that is one massive bargaining chip I would say,fact is I would not bargain it away,bankruptcy within a week or two.

Yes very interesting times ahead ,looking forward to it all "

I think if that would applicated  …. very quick the "possible " passage would also be re-considered by Belgium and The Netherlands in solidarity with Ireland as all 27 promised ????

Belgium /Holland have too much at stake with the UK,their survival too,as for Eire,who the hell cares?  Boris does not give it a thought..  Eire that is,..do not think the entire population of GB does either,just get the hell out of it ASAP

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

A "Berlin style airlift".  Well in that case would it mean the EU support aircraft would have to avoid United Kingdom airspace or risk being shot down by the BAAG ( Brexit Anti Aircraft Gunners) ?

so you wouldn't mind to fly around Europe too …? What counts for one counts for the opposite one too ????

1 minute ago, david555 said:

so you wouldn't mind to fly around Europe too …? What counts for one counts for the opposite one too ????

Sorry can not follow your logic. I neither live there nor am I a pilot in the EU.  Perhaps your post was the answer  and you are seeking the question ?  ????????????

Just now, geoffbezoz said:

Sorry can not follow your logic. I neither live there nor am I a pilot in the EU.  Perhaps your post was the answer  and you are seeking the question ?  ????????????

The logic is simple if one needs to respect U.K. airspace or get gunned down ….(Waw?..) that could count then also for the one who does not respect the EU airspace …. simple or not ? Just equal rights to respect !

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

The logic is simple if one needs to respect U.K. airspace or get gunned down ….(Waw?..) that could count then also for the one who does not respect the EU airspace …. simple or not ? Just equal rights to respect !

Do you actually know what the Berlin airlift was, the logistics behind the success and the restrictions that were in place ? Seems you don't.

1 minute ago, geoffbezoz said:

Do you actually know what the Berlin airlift was, the logistics behind the success and the restrictions that were in place ? Seems you don't.

I know that what one can do..., the counterpart can do back too. or call it retaliate …… that is why Trump called his bombers back from attacking Iran ...

when I said "you " I addressed to U.K. , sorry you took it literally on your person 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, david555 said:

I know that what one can do..., the counterpart can do back too. or call it retaliate …… that is why Trump called his bombers back from attacking Iran ...

when I said "you " I addressed to U.K. , sorry you took it literally on your person 

So you have no idea what you are talking about and you go off subject . Let me explain. Iran and Trump having nothing to do with the Berlin airlift in 1948.

• Haha 1

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-49130447

Just as I was about to flee the vented feelings on Perfidious Albion,along comes this item,  yes the end is nigh,the endeth is in sight.

This will teach Eire in keeping those colour coded lights on during WW2, helping the Boche get a navigation fix as they headed to Belfast,and to servicing nazi U boats in Bantry Bay,

Afterthought...fact is Scotland can get to the hell out of it too,that guy Barnett need stringing up like William Joyce,a traitor ,who gave the clown permission to give England's money away?     and a worry for Scotland  the Shetlands do not want a tie up with Scotland   the oil and fish are all theirs

Edited by zorrow424

1 minute ago, geoffbezoz said:

So you have no idea what you are talking about and you go off subject . Let me explain. Iran and Trump having nothing to do with the Berlin airlift in 1948.

You started "gunning down" not me .No need of wargames as Economic games are effective enough ….

23 hours ago, vogie said:

When did he say that? Baring in mind he's only been doing the job for a week, but interestingly enough the Tories have shot up 10 points in the ratings.

he's doing it on a daily basis, pay attention and listen to his BS, does it sound like he has a clue 555

53 minutes ago, superal said:

No, they should be carrying out what is best for the country. Next someone will come along and accuse them of only doing things that will get them re-elected.

Disagree , referendum votes by constituents should be honoured  by their serving MP . If not what is the point of a referendum ?

With uncertainty about the content of leave, even among supporters, more than technicality.

Knowing the TM deal or anything like it would increase the leave majority 

They are doing what they think is in the interest of the EU. Nothing to do with 'being beyond reproach'.

They are a bunch of  power struck bureaucrats who till now have met no serious opposition 

Which brexit would that be? Customs union, May's deal, new deal, no deal?

Odds on it looks like a " no deal " The EU 27 are not going to blink now after wielding the big stick .

Remember TM was often ostracized at EU meetings , part of their bully tactics , Rab & Davies were given no scope for compromising agreements and thus their resignations .  

Just the same old repetition, you're not addressing any of the points I made.

Except for one, I find your position 'do what they want even if it goes against the country's interest' interesting.

Edited by stevenl
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, vogie said:

Apart from doctoring my original post which is againgst forum rules, why in gods earth would I want to read a link about "white chocolate" I just hope that posting this back to back nonsense makes you feel better.

I think what you fail to grasp is that the UK is still an independant country, and has not yet been absorbed into the mighty countries like Germany and France like the Benelux countries. We prefer a little elbow room thank you very much and not being dictated to like failing to stand for your national anthem 'Ode to Joy'.

Why oh why can you not accept this, "bye bye UK lorries" is just another attempt at you trying to bait us. What pleasure does it give you, you cannot go through life hating people that has a different outlook to life than yourself, you might end up bitter and twisted, better to get on with your life and let let others get on with theirs.

a) "why in gods earth would I want to read a link about "white chocolate". Maybe as example what lies ahead of the British export industry towards the EU as the EU is very good in protecting their jobs: everything what is produced inside the EU is protected by quite huge tarriff barriers.

b) "and has not yet been absorbed into the mighty countries like Germany and France like the Benelux countries". Ever heard of the Hanseatic league ?  or a too big step abroad for a Brexiteer ? 

Edited by puipuitom

2 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

"why in gods earth would I want to read a link about "white chocolate". Maybe as example what lies ahead of the British export industry towards the EU as the EU is very good in protecting their jobs: everything what is produced inside the EU is protected by quite huge tarriff barriers.

In that case 'the milky bars are on me'

• Haha 1