UK PM Johnson tells EU: ditch backstop or face no-deal Brexit

rooster59

1 hour ago, citybiker said:

I partially concur, May wasted 3 years as an EU doormat as they never took her seriously, the ball is firmly back in the EU to avoid a ND.

City of London are rightly concerned, however they can withstand the buffer far more than ROI & the EU. As for the £? Fluctuation is normal, the fact that Boris plan is sending tangible jitters gives markets a baseline focus, its uncertainty they hate.

If after 3 years businesses haven’t their BRP, business resilience plan reviewed, practiced & prepared then more fool them, I’m not talking about just SME, all unprepared businesses need to get a grip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

city of london and the nation of Eire are 2 completely different things,and what "buffer" are you referring to,baseline focus? thats a new one to me,i do believe vauxhall are preparing to get a grip.

Business - BBC News

Edited by bomber

5 minutes ago, citybiker said:

Vauxhall is PSA (aka French owned & currently blackmailing HMG) will do what it’s shareholders tell them.

City & ROI are of course two different identities, one has much more to lose than the other & one is far more tolerant to the economic stress tests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

barely anything is UK owned these days,an even bigger reason to remain,as i have stated many times on here the weaker the pound the cheaper our assets become,its a no brainer but brexiteers just dont get it,you cannot blame the wealthy french and germans,we are there to be pillaged,they dont have our problem,the euro is just too strong,the brexiteers claiming it was doomed 4 years ago have been made to eat humble pie,????

• Haha 1

barely anything is UK owned these days,an even bigger reason to remain,as i have stated many times on here the weaker the pound the cheaper our assets become,its a no brainer but brexiteers just dont get it,you cannot blame the wealthy french and germans,we are there to be pillaged,they dont have our problem,the euro is just too strong,the brexiteers claiming it was doomed 4 years ago have been made to eat humble pie,[emoji13]
Euro too strong?

Bizarre & incorrect analysis.

As for wealth, I encourage the wealth creators, as in many cases it filters down.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, citybiker said:

Euro too strong?

As for wealth, I encourage the wealth creators, as in many cases it filters down.

not bizarre at all,what world do you live in,its kicking the pounds ass in,no need to analysis anything,as for wealth creators farage,the mog,BJ,mr banks have done well out of brexit,but very few others in the UK and even less oversea's

8 hours ago, bomber said:

city of london and the nation of Eire are 2 completely different things,and what "buffer" are you referring to,baseline focus? thats a new one to me,i do believe vauxhall are preparing to get a grip.

Business - BBC NewsUnavailable

Will be the resistance level of the £  which was met 3 days ago,no more sharp movements......City of London? will be financial impact to UK,negligible...Eire?  now this will work wonders,...Eire will be the UKs backstop,EU plays difficult,blockade them in.  Its the remainders who are the thick idiots.  Free of EU? no more Euro army,no more quotas of illegals,just lock  em up,no more CAP artificial high food costs,which brought blacks from N Africa.  Car ,vehicle manufacturing in UK,  no problems  everything in hand

The UK has the EU over a barrel,poor Leo thinking his idea of backstop idea would threaten the the UK,instead it will bring the EU down

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, citybiker said:

Euro too strong?

Trickle down economy, right?

25 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

If you have a job in UK,you have a job,money coming in,unemployment at near record low,cannot say that of France,Germany now off the boil,Italy ,Greece  basket cases

First of all, nonsense, second of all, not related to the comment I reacted to.

Just now, stevenl said:

First of all, nonsense, second of all, not related to the comment I reacted to.

If you could be more specific

Euro too strong?

Which one are you aiming at?   Euro too strong   or what?

2 hours ago, zorrow424 said:

If you could be more specific

Euro too strong?

Which one are you aiming at?   Euro too strong   or what?

I reacted to your post, see the quote, so no connection at all to a strong euro.

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

Trickle down economy, right?

Indeed, the ultimate fallacy economic policy. Let the rich get richer, and one day we will all benefit. Kindly doff cap, salute, and lick the jackboots of our wonderful overlords who are so generous as to give us a few crumbs from their table. 

What on earth has made so many of the English so pathetically servile. Was it the tabloids, heaven knows. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jip99 said:

Can't fault the analysis  - but you don't really think that it only applies to the UK, do you?

Fair enough, there are indeed plenty of other countries where the poor have been submissive, sometimes because they simply have nothing to fight with. It does seem to me though that over the years there has been a change of attitude in the UK, England in particular, where the powerful, rich and famous are treated with unearned respect, rather than skepticism. How many old Etonian PMs can the country bear before we burn the foul place to the ground. How long do we have to go on worshipping those born to privilege? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, transam said:

And Portugal hasn't....?   ????

it recovered well from the 2007/8 crash,my partner tells me there is work for those who want it,wages are low but so is the cost of living as you well know,anyway makes little difference to me how the economy goes anyway i dont want work thank you,many leave to go to other EU countries if they want higher wages,switzerland is very popular,UK not so much to violent and too many obese slobs littering the place

7 hours ago, zorrow424 said:

If you have a job in UK,you have a job,money coming in,unemployment at near record low,cannot say that of France,Germany now off the boil,Italy ,Greece  basket cases

EU unemployment at a 19 year low,pretty decent i would say,germany is still the daddy though always will be,

14 minutes ago, bomber said:

EU unemployment at a 19 year low,pretty decent i would say,germany is still the daddy though always will be,

Tell that to the Italians, Spanish, Greeks etc etc. They are high no matter how you try and fudge it.

https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/unemployment-rate?continent=europe

https://www.statista.com/statistics/268830/unemployment-rate-in-eu-countries/

"The unemployment rate is an important measure of a country or region’s economic health, and despite unemployment levels in the European Union falling slightly from a peak in early 2013 , they remain high, especially in comparison to what the rates were before the worldwide recession started in 2008. This confirms the continuing stagnation in European markets,"

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Tell that to the Italians, Spanish, Greeks etc etc. They are high no matter how you try and fudge it.

"The unemployment rate is an important measure of a country or region’s economic health, and despite unemployment levels in the European Union falling slightly from a peak in early 2013 , they remain high, especially in comparison to what the rates were before the worldwide recession started in 2008. This confirms the continuing stagnation in European markets,"

weve been here besfore,28 nations some with higher than others rates of unemployed,Shame they didnt prosper like the UK did in the EU,you know my opinion on greece deserved what they got,btw i liked your expert advise in another thread to the brit who has had to return to the UK due to the kaput pound "why dont you just get a job in thailand" has to be the best one ive heard this year,i was laffing gravy,you also didnt reply to my question,have you actually ever been to thailand?  

2 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Fair enough, there are indeed plenty of other countries where the poor have been submissive, sometimes because they simply have nothing to fight with. It does seem to me though that over the years there has been a change of attitude in the UK, England in particular, where the powerful, rich and famous are treated with unearned respect, rather than skepticism. How many old Etonian PMs can the country bear before we burn the foul place to the ground. How long do we have to go on worshipping those born to privilege? 

Sounds not too dissimilar to Thailand........ ?

12 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

the rates have dropped a lot since the 2007/8 highs,there will never be full employment anywhere,oh wait a minute the sunny uplands might bring it

1 minute ago, bomber said:

weve been here besfore,28 nations some with higher than others rates of unemployed,Shame they didnt prosper like the UK did in the EU,you know my opinion on greece deserved what they got,btw i liked your expert advise in another thread to the brit who has had to return to the UK due to the kaput pound "why dont you just get a job in thailand" has to be the best one ive heard this year,i was laffing gravy,you also didnt reply to my question,have you actually ever been to thailand?  

It is funny how when its pointed out the EU is a collective countries that you mention a couple of the 'high performing ones' only. France is not doing that well if you look at the first link.

Still haven't had a reply on your nationality as the Brits, not we Brits as you mentioned.

My reply to the poster was, why haven't got a job in Thailand. A very valid question.

I answered your question obviously you have the intelligence to work it out when someones says, they lived and worked in Thailand for 16 years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bomber said:

the rates have dropped a lot since the 2007/8 highs,there will never be full employment anywhere,oh wait a minute the sunny uplands might bring it

The stats are from May 2019. You really need to keep up as you are looking like your losing the plot sunbeam.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

It is funny how when its pointed out the EU is a collective countries that you mention a couple of the 'high performing ones' only. France is not doing that well if you look at the first link.

Still haven't had a reply on your nationality as the Brits, not we Brits as you mentioned.

My reply to the poster was, why haven't got a job in Thailand. A very valid question.

I answered your question obviously you have the intelligence to work it out when someones says, they lived and worked in Thailand for 16 years.

the poster was planning to return to the UK to drive taxis or similar,it was pretty clear he wasnt a financial expert likely to get a job in a top bank in bangkok,wassnt a valid question at all

13 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

The stats are from May 2019. You really need to keep up as you are looking like your losing the plot sunbeam.

just looked may 2019 uk 3.75% portugal 6.6% seems 6% IS about average,there are still 4-5 nations that better the UK,so yes our figure is good but not the greatest ,2 or 3 old eastern block nations with better.

13 minutes ago, bomber said:

the poster was planning to return to the UK to drive taxis or similar,it was pretty clear he wasnt a financial expert likely to get a job in a top bank in bangkok,wassnt a valid question at all

That's typical you assuming. He went to Thailand at 52. You could quite easily expect that he had some idea about working or business, as most people do at that age. So extremely valid question, to normal people.

14 minutes ago, bomber said:

just looked may 2019 uk 3.75% portugal 6.6% seems 6% IS about average,there are still 4-5 nations that better the UK,so yes our figure is good but not the greatest ,2 or 3 old eastern block nations with better.

But how many are as big as the 5th Largest economy in the world. The UK's.  You can have a country that's 42nd in the economic ranking. Yeah. Something to champion for some.

Edited by Laughing Gravy