is it high season or what ?

brokenbone

18 hours ago, Viggo McQuaid said:

City Hall is preparing for high season. Gotta fix them roads, make the city look presentable. The beach is impeccable. Now it’s the roads. Krapom 

They are suggesting that it will only take seven months this time, to rectify Beach roads ongoing problems.  But wait there’s more ...........????????‍♂️????????????????????????

• Like 1

Currently in Pattaya and yesterday was the worst I have experienced over the years. No back and forth even with the scooter when trying to get from Pattaya to Jomtien. Intesections with 3rd road gridlocked.

Sat nearly 10 mins at the intersection of Soi Land Office and 3rd road.

Both directions filled up. So not even a chance to change mind and return.

What a mess.

And that was just a three day weekend for white collar workers.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Sad 2

Quite a lot of folks around yesterday, today. Like not always, but frequently on long weekends. In Jomtien, Surf Kitchen was filled up a couple of days ago with dinner guests from China.

Note that in two weeks we have HMQM Sirikit's birthday, another long weekend.

These Thais love to enjoy holidays... ????

46 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Forgot my walking boots :biggrin:

And about 8 km in the Birkenstock type? No thanks, age takes its toll.

If you can afford it I suggest you buy some real shoes not backpacker Birkenstocks.

May make things easier..

2 hours ago, xxeo said:

Quite a lot of folks around yesterday, today. Like not always, but frequently on long weekends. In Jomtien, Surf Kitchen was filled up a couple of days ago with dinner guests from China.

Note that in two weeks we have HMQM Sirikit's birthday, another long weekend.

These Thais love to enjoy holidays... ????

More and more public holidays every year. Very soon the whole year will be just public holidays, no need to go to work lol

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Not a good look to walk around in the in chang wifebeater, socks and sandals. Looks much cooler on the trusty 110cc steed.

The Mild Ones are every where in Pattaya with their stupid helmets.  Cant wait to see one with no ear!!

steed is 400 & 600 cc

"

The High Season in Thailand

First things first, when is the high season in Thailand? The answer is actually debatable, but most people generally consider high season in Thailand to coincide with the dry-season months from November to April. The “shoulder” months on either end of that range can be wet or dry. If you’re willing to take a small risk with the weather, they are often enjoyable months to travel."

6 hours ago, possum1931 said:

If that's the case why do so many of the hotels and guesthouses put up their prices from 1st October?

Many dont. There is no hard and fast rule. Generally speaking the so called high season starts with the onset of the cool season and end of the rainy season....around November. But Many people travel around Thailand at the End of the Buddist lent which is earlier. I live in Pattaya and have noticed an influx of visitors even in the so called low season.

• Like 1

I tried to get from Jomtien into Pattaya last Sunday - at around 7:30 PM - and after I finally got onto a Songthaew, it soon was stopped in a traffic Jam even before we reached the Intersection to Pratumnak. After that, it took 30 minutes to even get half-way down the road towards Pattaya. Buses everywhere ... in both lanes. I was trying to get to the BEST CORNER to watch the Formula 1 race but realized, that I would not make it there in time. So got off the Songthaew and walked across the road, trying to get one back to Jomtien to find a Restaurant with TV - but ..... no Songthaew (and very little traffic coming from Pattaya) for a very long time, so started to walk back.

I have never seen such a Grid-lock on that part of the road for as long as I can remember - not even in High Season - but then realized that there were road works taking place??

Edited by Awinkl