Pet Gallery

ok... so i would like to tell the story of one of my darlings here, holly. somewhat 'thaivisa' related...

well, i learnt about holly and her rescuers here on thaivisa last october http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=90003

they were desperate to find someone to take holly in for 3 months before she could be sent to germany. i thought, there is someone who really cares about a stray dog and fell in love with it and wants to take it back home, you should really offer help for that! so i contacted the op and offered to take holly in and arrange everything for her to be flown to germany later. but i also said that i don't have a lot of money and i needed some upfront, also for a kind of 'security'. they were very happy and kind and said everything will be done and i shouldn't worry, all they want is holly with them in germany and they will give more than sufficient money to have that done.

well, holly came the next day by air and she was very tired from the sleeping pills they gave her for the flight. the next morning she was still sleeping and i really worried. called the 'owners' but not much interest now! so i took holly to the vet and she got medicine for one month and she got better soon.

i contacted the people many times about holly but their response was scarce and nothing went further with the documents to be done. then i had a friend in germany call them to ask what are their real thoughts of holly and what was the problem. they still said they wanted her. a few weeks later, in february, they sent money for holly for the very first time but no message. this covered hollys costs which had accumulated by then but now she lives on donations from animal lovers in europe, like all my other animals here.

i think she will stay here forever, she is a wonderful dog and integrated well into the pack. am a bit angry for have been 'taken for a ride' but still happy to have holly here and give her a nice life. but still there is a bit of hope ...

post-1514-1174111094_thumb.jpg

you can see more pics of holly and all the other rescued animals here: http://www.elfesworld.blogspot.com

Edited by elfe

At the risk of starting this off as a "rescue thread" with elfe & then me, I'd like to share one of our rescue dogs, too. The reason that I'm featuring him is that his pic is already on my computer & I don't need to search for it, but all of our dogs have a story of illness or injury in their past.

Rocky was a street dog who lived on the periphery of a pack that I feed every night near my home. He sometimes used to come for the food, but then I wouldn't see him for weeks. At the beginning of December, he came up for food & when I looked at his face I was shocked. He either had a massive eye tumour or his eye had come out & was resting on his upper cheek. I couldn't see which as the whole mess was encrusted with thick mud. He would let me approach, but not touch him (little wonder), so I decided to come back the next day with one of our volunteers & some sedative gel.

The next day I managed to mildly sedate him, so I could muzzle him, lift him & take him to the vets. It turned out that the "mess" was his eye, which had probably been displaced in a fight. The vet removed it & a few days later, neutered him & vaccinated him, on my request, as I planned to put him back on the streets. He stayed with me in my garden for 10 days, which he loved. Plenty of attention (he became very affectionate) & plenty of food.

Unfortunately, when I released him, he came straight back! I tried 3 times with various modes of transport & he just came trotting back after me. In fact the last time, as I opened the car door to get out, he jumped in & settled at my feet in the footwell. I couldn't let him stay in that area, as he would howl at night to be let into the garden, so I had to take him up to our dog center. That is where he lives now, in an area with about 20 other dogs, shelter, a concrete "swimming pool", rocks & beds to sunbathe on.... He's decided he's alpha male of that area & is having the time of his life, although he would love a proper home where he could get the one to one love & attention he craves.

post-33179-1174123264_thumb.jpg

Website details on my profile, or for anyone interested in our dogs, please pm me. :o

One of our many dogs was a shepherd mix. She never had a litter of less than 10 pups! Once one of the chickens adopted a pup and "defended" it. The puppy also followed the hen everywhere and they slept together. Worked well the first weeks....

post-39020-1174135938_thumb.jpg

post-39020-1174135984_thumb.jpg

Show and tell!

Please post a pic of your pet and give us a story...

Mine are all at rainbow bridge. Buried them in jungle spots where they liked to play. Sad days.

But I will get more when I am settled.

For your amusement:

post-38209-1174096616_thumb.jpg

Have got oodles of stories and photo,s of interesting pets we have had the luck to share our lives with,for example primates such as Baby Orangs,Bonobo,s(pygmy Chimpanzee), Mountain gorillas, felines from ocelot to tiger, baby brownbears, and of course our hawks eagles and vultures ,as soon as I can figure out how to find the pictures after I have scanned them into the computer :o would be grateful for any tips Nignoy

Show and tell!

Mine are all at rainbow bridge. Buried them in jungle spots where they liked to play. Sad days.

For your amusement:

Well Here Goes,2 successfully handraised siberian tigers, was actually with the mother in the cage assisting with the birth, she was a cutie!! the cubs later became stars in the Franz Althoff circus, our 3 maniacs :D we handraised these 3 primates for the Wilhelma zoo in Stuttgart, was 18 months of drama and mayhem, the bonobo was a shit, could open doors used to love tormenting the wife and used to beat the crap out of the other 2sadly were no video cameras in those days could have made a million lol.and then our little orang sarah she was such a sweet little thing, was successfully released back into the wilds in Sabah in 1982 Enjoy!! Have got 100,s of other photo,s :o Nignoy

post-11182-1174177371_thumb.jpg

post-11182-1174177452_thumb.jpg

post-11182-1174177496_thumb.jpg

Show and tell!

For your amusement:

Well Here Goes,2 successfully handraised siberian tigers, was actually with the mother in the cage assisting with the birth, she was a cutie!! the cubs later became stars in the Franz Althoff circus, our 3 maniacs :D we handraised these 3 primates for the Wilhelma zoo in Stuttgart, was 18 months of drama and mayhem, the bonobo was a shit, could open doors used to love tormenting the wife and used to beat the crap out of the other 2sadly were no video cameras in those days could have made a million lol.and then our little orang sarah she was such a sweet little thing, was successfully released back into the wilds in Sabah in 1982 Enjoy!! Have got 100,s of other photo,s :o Nignoy

Sorry Forgot This one, Nignoy

post-11182-1174177774_thumb.jpg

I laughed, then cried and then awwwed through these posts. What nice people TV members are. (Eeek, just I just say that?)

Enjoy rainbow bridge Max and Julie. See you when we get there.

As laways,NR and Elfe share great stories and love.

What's Cola got on his/her face, Garro? :o Sutnyod, the chicken pup affair is fab.

Nignoy, nice family and great work -- who's the polizei pup?; Solent, is that your toothbrush?

Floss Tutsi? reminds me of this guy and his OCD owner. :D

post-38209-1174179396.jpg

Here is a few pictures of my Lab/Chow mix named Lady, I got her from a friend that found her at another friends house tied to a tree constantly(she was 5 months old). I wasn't looking for a dog, but fell in love with Lady. She is now 8 and now my wife and kids love her too..

Lady right after I got her

post-25865-1174180033_thumb.jpg

post-25865-1174179649_thumb.jpg

post-25865-1174179738_thumb.jpg

She now has gray fur from the kids :o:D

Here some of my favorite shots:

We went to a BBQ to a friends house one day. Apart from the house everything was dark and no lights in the garden and swimming pool. As usual my dogs started to running around chasing each other, suddenly a big splash: Max run into the pool and when we "resqued" him he was absolutely scared:

A new neighbor moved in:

At night in front of my bed:

Relaxing in his "pool":

I laughed, then cried and then awwwed through these posts. What nice people TV members are. (Eeek, just I just say that?)

Enjoy rainbow bridge Max and Julie. See you when we get there.

As laways,NR and Elfe share great stories and love.

What's Cola got on his/her face, Garro? :o Sutnyod, the chicken pup affair is fab.

Nignoy, nice family and great work -- who's the polizei pup?; Solent, is that your toothbrush?

Floss Tutsi? reminds me of this guy and his OCD owner. :D

post-38209-1174179396.jpg

Sorry the police dog is not ours belongs to Austrian friends of ours he was a star in his own TV series called Kommisar Rex :D Nignoy