TM30 mayhem and updates

1 hour ago, birddogger said:

Is a TM30 report required twice on an internal trip in Thailand? Once by the hotel at my destination (1 week stay) and again by my landlord when I return home to my rented condo? In addition to the 90 day reporting and again for 3 month money still in the bank account after retirement extension? 

Required by law or required by your local immigration office ?? 

By law yes.. Any stay of longer than 24h at any new address (inter provincial ??) must have a new TM28/TM30 filed, either by the hotel or accomodation you pay for or by the housemaster / house holder. 

By your local immigration.. Differs wildly, all of them seem to have decided no enforcement of TM28s, it was briefly talked about in Chiang Mai at the start of this saga, I did my own TM28 when I couldnt get landlords to do TM30s as a cover my ass, but thats dropped from even there. Enforcement has shifted of course to the house 'possessor' to make farangs liable, and some say yes, some say only on exit and re-entry of the kingdom. This kind of sporadic enforcement of course leaves you wife open to changes of mood and whim of each and every officer in each and every immigration office unless you are 100% diligent. 

Surely you understand that "Non O" is an abbreviation for "Non-Immigrant O"? You are not an immigrant, you have no permanent residence in Thailand

Disagree,how they call it is not relevant to me. In fact I am living permanent at one place in Thailand, I am not talking about permanent residency in the country

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Sad 2