Forum upgrade in progress! ×

TM30 mayhem and updates

1 minute ago, ThomasThBKK said:

The airport system logs you out if you don't have a tabiaan baan in that address registered. Thats why they need a new tm30

Am I likely to have a tabiaan bahn registered for my address? I dodn't expect so and have flown in and out without being asked to submit a TM30 by Jomtiem. 

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There are reports that they are not wanting a new report done every time  you leave and enter the country or if you make a trip within the country and stay in a hotel.

My wife asked about the TM30 reporting at Nakhon Ratchasima office. They told her that it was not needed at their office (this was in March 2019). I haven't filed and will probably not do any filings before renewing next year.  I'm more concerned about the insurance regulations. My local expat friends told me that they have not been enacted here and the issue seems to have died a death on TV so I don't know what to think.

4 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Every time you sleep at a new location, you have changed address.. 

Read the thread. Your presumption of that is not universally correct (but I apologise if you were just being sarcastic, but forgot to add "in the eyes of some Thai immigration offices????" at the end).

21 hours ago, moontang said:

I was extorted for 1600 in CM, and had yellow book, and never ever was late on 90 day report. Nonthaburi is so much better, and I am only 1 km from BKK... Never been to CW, in 21 years coming here, and will likely keep it that way. 

@moontang

When you say you were extorted, do you mean that you were given no receipt or were given a receipt for less than THB 1,600?

21 hours ago, moontang said:

Agreed, and the day you need an extension is a terrible day to do it.  Last time I went up there, after a 27 hour trip, they got me out in five minutes for an update, and there was a roomful of people in sheer misery.. you needed a machete to cut through the tension... 

And I wish I had a cold beer for every expat retiree that tells me.. I have been here for blank years and never done a tm30, what the heck are you talking about.. 

Same as me never done a TM 30 never plan to ever file one...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

If you're talking TM30, you do realize, you can simply mail in the form and supporting documents, and aren't required to make an in-person trip to CW...

Yeah, but unfortunately I need to renew my visa after the summer holidays at the end of August and they told me when I go to do this I will most likely need the TM30 done. If I mailed it I reckon it won't be done in time. 

56 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

My wife asked about the TM30 reporting at Nakhon Ratchasima office. They told her that it was not needed at their office (this was in March 2019). I haven't filed and will probably not do any filings before renewing next year.  I'm more concerned about the insurance regulations. My local expat friends told me that they have not been enacted here and the issue seems to have died a death on TV so I don't know what to think.

Let a sleeping dog lay....

28 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

should be fine as long as you dont ever need an extension or do a 90 day report.  Kind of like not filing taxes..it actually works out very well for some.  Others arent as lucky.

8 minutes ago, Kleepanna said:

Im very confused about all of this I will be arriving next month getting a visa at the airport (have return ticket) 10 day stay with a friend and his family will the TM30 apply to me?

Basically the answer is no.

22 hours ago, worgeordie said:

800 THb, thats cheap ,its 1600 Thb up here in Chiang Mai,

I would recommend everyone gets a TM30, they might say,

they don't want it today, but I officers change and so do

other things ,The Big Oud said you had to have it.

Regards Worgeordie

How does one 'get' a TM30? I have no idea but it occurs to me the recent changes must be very stressful for the IO workers and will have increased their workload. I dont buy into 'Thai inefficiency' or Thai Xenophobia so am struggling to find the subtext to this issue and the degree to which TV is a negative echo chamber. I can only reiterate that I travel around Thailand frequently from my base in Pattaya,  I leave Thailand to travel abroad twice a year and the TM30 issue has never arisen, nor has reporting to the IO within 24 hours of arrival been an issue. Last October I returned to Thailand after a trip abroad and went to Jomtien IO and was told not to bother, just to come back in 90 days. I am on a retirement extension, I have lived at the same address, I always use an agent, my foreign landlord does not live in Thailand so has no idea of my movements, the manager/juristic person at my condo knows nothing about reporting on foreigner movements and in my frequent chats with both strangers and friends alike the subject has never arisen. The exception to this was a foreign landlord, a friend of mine in Pattaya, about 2 years ago had been fined for not filing a TM because his tenant, possibly on a tourist visa, had been travelling around Thailand,  and out of the country  but not told him, and he, the tenant when at the IO, was asked why a TM 30 had not been utilised and was told the landlord would have to pay  a fine. Thenceforth the landlord reminded his tenants to inform him if they went away so he could do the needful on line. This was Jomtien IO 2 years ago but it has never happened to me or anyone else I know. So: what are the variables that determine the different outcomes and requirements?

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Basically the answer is no.

Hi Joe, but the owner/master of the house will need to complete a TM30 report as a foreigner is staying at their home? 

(This same situation will apply to us with 2 friends coming to our home)

40 minutes ago, wobalt said:

Bullshit you haven’t permanently changed your address

Unless you have PR or citizenship none of them are permanent addresses... They are merely where you stay as a non immigrant or tourist. 

18 minutes ago, james.d said:

Hi Joe, but the owner/master of the house will need to complete a TM30 report as a foreigner is staying at their home? 

(This same situation will apply to us with 2 friends coming to our home)

Unless your guests are going to do something at immigration there is no real reason to do the TM30 report. Nobody will ask to see it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Unless your guests are going to do something at immigration there is no real reason to do the TM30 report. Nobody will ask to see it.

Thank you, I assumed that the arrival address on the TM6(?) would be recorded.

Thanks again.

36 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

it occurs to me the recent changes must be very stressful for the IO workers and will have increased their workload.

What recent changes?  The TM30 has been around since at least 2005.  The only changes are which IMM Office implements the law and how they do it.

2 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

How does one 'get' a TM30? I have no idea but it occurs to me the recent changes must be very stressful for the IO workers and will have increased their workload. I dont buy into 'Thai inefficiency' or Thai Xenophobia so am struggling to find the subtext to this issue and the degree to which TV is a negative echo chamber. I can only reiterate that I travel around Thailand frequently from my base in Pattaya,  I leave Thailand to travel abroad twice a year and the TM30 issue has never arisen, nor has reporting to the IO within 24 hours of arrival been an issue. Last October I returned to Thailand after a trip abroad and went to Jomtien IO and was told not to bother, just to come back in 90 days. I am on a retirement extension, I have lived at the same address, I always use an agent, my foreign landlord does not live in Thailand so has no idea of my movements, the manager/juristic person at my condo knows nothing about reporting on foreigner movements and in my frequent chats with both strangers and friends alike the subject has never arisen. The exception to this was a foreign landlord, a friend of mine in Pattaya, about 2 years ago had been fined for not filing a TM because his tenant, possibly on a tourist visa, had been travelling around Thailand,  and out of the country  but not told him, and he, the tenant when at the IO, was asked why a TM 30 had not been utilised and was told the landlord would have to pay  a fine. Thenceforth the landlord reminded his tenants to inform him if they went away so he could do the needful on line. This was Jomtien IO 2 years ago but it has never happened to me or anyone else I know. So: what are the variables that determine the different outcomes and requirements?

That's a problem we have, we have been fined before for not reporting tenants,but how are we suppose

to know,when they are coming and going,so we told them they had to do their own TM 30 reports,within

24 hours of arriving in the country,and so far they seem to be complying,any new tenants,we do the first

report,then tell them they have to do their own, have not tried the TM 30 app yet,but many say its not

working, with fines up to 3000 THB,you don't have to wonder why !,it's a money making exercise. 

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Until asked, like me. 

( I tell a lie, I did one for a guest at my house, that was a waste of a lot of time!)

Edited by jacko45k

15 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

No problem with retirement extension based on 800k at CW this year or previous 30 years plus, and no complaints regarding service.

When did you obtain your last extension? No requirement for tm30? 

You never travel outside Thailand? 

23 hours ago, glegolo said:

I think that you are shooting "over" the target my friend, and more focus on wrong spelling and strange sentences....

Maybe if you consider that the writer may NOT be a native one, he can be excused, and you can oversee that, and try to figure out the contents of the writing instead. Is THAT too much to ask for?

glegolo

No idea what shooting "over" the target means.  You were the one who shamelessly attacked another poster for their reading "scills".

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, you start whining.  People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

Oh, and one more thing....I am not your friend!

Edited by grifbel

57 minutes ago, grifbel said:

No idea what shooting "over" the target means.  You were the one who shamelessly attacked another poster for their reading "scills".

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, you start whining.  People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

Oh, and one more thing....I am not your friend!

"Missing the point"!! You should understand that really!

Good night (again), enter the que.... again,,,, you seems to like it....55555

glegolo

Edited by glegolo

"Registration for TM30 online"

Looking at the documents required for registration, as a foreigner I would need a copy of my passport and a copy of the house registration. Does the house registration have to be in the applicants name ? Because in that case the online registration would only be available to condo owners ? My sister in law owns the house, and I used her when registering my change of address and TM30 a few months ago. She is not computer literate though, anything more than Facebook on her phone is too hitech for her !

My wife is not much better, although she can manage Facebook and Youtube on her ipad, so it would be a lot more convenient if I could register in my name using the tabien baan with S.i.L's name as housemaster.

So, has anybody registered using the tabien baan in somebody elses name ?

On 7/30/2019 at 4:25 PM, worgeordie said:

800 THb, thats cheap ,its 1600 Thb up here in Chiang Mai,

I would recommend everyone gets a TM30, they might say,

they don't want it today, but I officers change and so do

other things ,The Big Oud said you had to have it.

Regards Worgeordie

1800 in NONGKHAI i was told this morning   1/8/19

4 hours ago, wobalt said:

Not quite sure about that, when you abolished your permanent residency in your home country and been registered at your embassy as expat citizen

Both points which Thailand doesnt care about.. These are Thai rules in Thailand.. They determine everyone non Thai as being here only as long as tolerated.. 

Think differently ?? Skip the visa extension and see how much that address remains your own.. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I know an American guy who owns a condo in Pattaya  he was fined for not reporting himself. He went into immigration to extend his tourist visa.  He stays in Thailand about 6 weeks a few times per year   He is coming soon but wanted to stay with a friend in Bangkok, but his Thai friend does not know how to do the TM30 so he must rush to Pattaya after a flight from Florida to do the TM30 then come back to Bangkok to stay with his friend for a few days.  This is a real issue 

Edited by genobkk
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, hgma said:

1800 in NONGKHAI i was told this morning   1/8/19

To be fair, there are fewer foreigners using Nongkhai Immigration. They want their slice of the pie as well. Why should Bkk Immigration get to have all the fun?

Making up the rules as they go along. What a time to be living in Thailand. 

On 7/30/2019 at 3:29 PM, Topah said:

Thanks for the answer. Last year it took 2 hours to get the extension done. Now there is 300-400 queus and upset looking people. Only 2 counters. We are still here waiting. Came 8:30am

Now 3.30pm. 

You should consider it an honor and a privilege to wait in that line.