TM30 mayhem and updates

Actually, the text in the police order regarding the TM28/TM30 says it clearly "report new adress when you CHANGE adress". As long as I travel inside Thailand, I never CHANGE my home adress! So actually there is no need to report my return home, as long as my adress is still the same. The solution could be so easy, just make Immigration understand the meaning of the words "change adress". When you move into your new premises, of course you need to report. But reporting ONE TIME only should be enough, until you "change adress" meaning "until you move out of this adress and move into a new premise". It would exclude having to report back anytime into an adress where you already registered yourself when you moved in

Unfortunately, some Immigration offices want you to report your adress again even after you only returned from travel or a short trip. THAT is the ridiculous thing, not the duty of reporting your adress to immigration when you MOVE INTO an new adress

Reporting when you permanently move in and new reporting when you Change your address, so it should be...but

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, glegolo said:

Move out, and live in a neightbouring province and enjoy life..... instead of enjoy a lifelong que in these damn places..... Dont you never learn??

So we should base our decision of where to live in Thailand based on the quality of the local Immigration Office?  Well natural people movement will change things but you just suggested everyone residing in Bangkok, Chiang mai, Phuket and Samui move to Pattaya!

• Haha 1

Did my extension yesterday in Ubon, where I have lived for the past 3 years at the same address. Once a month I stay in a hotel when travel to attend hash House Harries, ( I don't drink and drive ) have trouble walking that night, those who know about this are aware that there is copious amounts of grog downed. Was told be Immigration that I was required supply a TM30 when I went home the next day as the hotel has my address as living there now on the immigration system,  (sunday...  your not open ), use the online, ( doesn't work ) Oh !!! not only that trying to get the farm man to be able to do it. Said to him that some places do not even require a TM 30 even when travelling out of your Provence, his reply was that they were probably to busy cause they have a lot of people to process. As the office's have large posters hanging up regarding this topic, I pointed out to him that I could just go to a cop shop as it states on the poster, No! cause it's an old poster that now that they have more office's you cannot as the cop shops are not connected to the system and that the law is 40 years old and out of date. He understood the frustration of the process, so he suggested that when I check in to a hotel, to tell the reception not to change my address, no idea how they could do that. the only other option is just to use my license, have tried before but insist on my passport.    

14 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

I hope somebody from Immigration reads my post !

It would be so easy if Immigration would just observe and understand their own police order. The order says I have to report my adress when I "change my adress". I change my adress once I move OUT and INTO a new adress.

Every time you sleep at a new location, you have changed address.. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

52 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

So we should base our decision of where to live in Thailand based on the quality of the local Immigration Office?  Well natural people movement will change things but you just suggested everyone residing in Bangkok, Chiang mai, Phuket and Samui move to Pattaya!

Your scills in reading is???? I have never suggested any place whatsoever, I just suggested you to get a grip, and instead of crying out laud on internet, to actually do something about your own situation. It is not rocket science you know..

glegolo

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jewell49 said:

Do you stil need the TM30 if you have a yellow book

Yes.

There is no exception for anybody under any circumstances. 

People are confusing the by-law requirement with whether or not the local immigration office will ask for proof.

Like motorbike helmuts, everyone is required by law to wear one, the fact that your local police dont enforce it does not mean you are exempt from the law.

A better question would be "does <insert immigration office> require proof of a TM30 lodgement in the case of <insert circumstances>".

Edited by Peterw42

38 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Your scills in reading is???? I have never suggested any place whatsoever, I just suggested you to get a grip, and instead of crying out laud on internet, to actually do something about your own situation. It is not rocket science you know..

glegolo

As comprehensive as your scills (sic) in writing maybe.????

Moving away from wherever you are is no small decision. Even me moving away from the much maligned Pattaya area. Most of us have commitments, I have a house and a partner. My partner would only be interested in moving to her home village ( or pretty close to it), Heavens that would be a fate worse than death. If one wishes to avoid the Immigration queues, there are other ways than moving region which appears to be what you are suggesting. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Are hospitals recording in-patients at their address?

Have seen at least one report of TM30 being filed but no idea which hospital it was.  Getting to be total madness trying to keep up with who does what and when and how much and if and.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Are hospitals recording in-patients at their address?

Depends on the hospital. Best to ask staff.

Bumrungrad DOES file a TM30 for patients who spend at least one night. This can result in issues, at least at CW, and may require filing a new TM30 when one returns to their longer-term domicile.

My guess is that larger hospitals in Bangkok, which have some history of serving foreign patients - they often have in-house immigraiton 'services' - will file a TM30 on a patient.

It would be awesome if there was an app where we could check our TM30 "status" (by name, passport #, etc) like we can with the TM6 app. 

The Sec38 app does allow one to query a specific, registered address.

18 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

but there is a long backlog to obtain password

If I need a password for any - any - website I visit, it is generated and emailed to me within minutes, or I am invited to make my own. Why does it take immigration not minutes, not hours, not days, but weeks to do the same thing? With the many reports I read of the 90-day reporting system also not fit for purpose, it just makes you wonder who is in charge of such chaos. But then, I remember that an IT Minister in Thaksin's government didn't even have an email account....

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, moontang said:

And I wish I had a cold beer for every expat retiree that tells me.. I have been here for blank years and never done a tm30, what the heck are you talking about.. 

Maybe because they have only recently been enforcing it?

• Like 1

Perhaps better just to pay the 2000 baht fine if caught out? That's assuming you are not a business but simply staying with your wife and family in Thailand?

This TM 30 business has become a total nightmare from all the posts and comments appearing here daily.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

800 THb, thats cheap ,its 1600 Thb up here in Chiang Mai,

I would recommend everyone gets a TM30, they might say,

they don't want it today, but I officers change and so do

other things ,The Big Oud said you had to have it.

Regards Worgeordie

Two years ago in Chiangmai a new TM 30 was not required if not leaving Thailand. If leaving Thailand they told me to just bring in passport and they would update computer. I had dragged in landlord again, and they said no need for him to come in and no need for new TM 30' just come into upgrade computer. Moved to our new house after marriage and wife did TM 30 same day, but have no idea what they want if we go to Bangkok to visit her family and come back to our house.

Edited by Danthai

9 hours ago, wobalt said:

Reporting when you permanently move in and new reporting when you Change your address, so it should be...but

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Indeed. Once registered at your Thai permanent home address that should be it until you move to another permanent address if your IO wants a TM 30. Better still scrap the bloody thing for family homes. The problem with this law is that I suspect it was originally meant for hotel, guest houses, and perhaps rented property too ie paying guests in one form or another. Many countries have this and that's as far as it goes. Now here it has been upped to include your own home or that of your wife and family. And if course the law is general enough to permit it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Danthai said:

Two years ago in Chiangmai a new TM 30 was not required if not leaving Thailand. If leaving Thailand they told me to just bring in passport and they would update computer. I had dragged in landlord again, and they said no need for him to come in and no need for new TM 30' just come into upgrade computer. Moved to our new house after marriage and wife did TM 30 same day, but have no idea what they want if we go to Bangkok to visit her family and come back to our house.

If you go to visit family,how would they know ?,stay in hotel ,they would.

regards Worgeordie

19 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Maybe because they have only recently been enforcing it?

Yeah, kind of like the limit on land border entries... there were reports of warnings and problems a mere 13 years ago, yet everyday there are live reports from the Hardway Club.  

Has anyone considered that TM30 is their best weapon against illegal hotels, which they do have an interest in (eliminating). 

Edited by moontang

21 minutes ago, grifbel said:

Looks to be about the same level as your "skills" in writing!

I think that you are shooting "over" the target my friend, and more focus on wrong spelling and strange sentences....

Maybe if you consider that the writer may NOT be a native one, he can be excused, and you can oversee that, and try to figure out the contents of the writing instead. Is THAT too much to ask for?

glegolo

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Quick question please, l am going to Sawannakhet next week with AirAsia DMK-Nakhon Pathom - Mukdahan for Thai wife visa. Could I report before going on the visa run in Chaengwattana or must it be done within 24 hours upon return only?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

If I need a password for any - any - website I visit, it is generated and emailed to me within minutes, or I am invited to make my own. Why does it take immigration not minutes, not hours, not days, but weeks to do the same thing? With the many reports I read of the 90-day reporting system also not fit for purpose, it just makes you wonder who is in charge of such chaos. But then, I remember that an IT Minister in Thaksin's government didn't even have an email account....

Thailand 4.0 !!!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, glegolo said:

I think that you are shooting "over" the target my friend, and more focus on wrong spelling and strange sentences....

Maybe if you consider that the writer may NOT be a native one, he can be excused, and you can oversee that, and try to figure out the contents of the writing instead. Is THAT too much to ask for?

glegolo

Would that also apply to your making comments as to their reading ability?

Seems to me that most immigration offices want a new TM30 when coming back from another country. This kinda makes sense as your TM6 number will have changed and that is on the TM30 form.

Many immigration offices are saying they don't need a new TM30 form if traveling within Thailand.

I've been sticking with the above and have had no problems (yet) with extensions, 90 day reports, or re-entry permits. My local immigration office is Phuket.

Never done TM 30 in 11 yrs her

When Thailand, wife always does  Hotel checkin on her Thai ID card,( I normally wait in the car until she has done this and checked the room OK) seldom am I asked anything, if pressed give my pink Thai ID card

Annually do multiple reentry, and at airport on returning from trips aboard,  give them our normal Thai address, I also have yellow book

NOTHING SAYS the above will be honoured or not changed, just go with the flow, remember dependant on which the day of the week you were born on different rules can apply to us all, ask my wife when she was born and her reply will be Tuesday period

And yes money  NOW needs to be untouched until the marriage visa  has completed the under consideration period, this was first time this year

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Seems to me that most immigration offices want a new TM30 when coming back from another country. This kinda makes sense as your TM6 number will have changed and that is on the TM30 form.

Many immigration offices are saying they don't need a new TM30 form if traveling within Thailand.

I've been sticking with the above and have had no problems (yet) with extensions, 90 day reports, or re-entry permits. My local immigration office is Phuket.

The airport system logs you out if you don't have a tabiaan baan in that address registered. Thats why they need a new tm30

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There are reports that they are not wanting a new report done every time  you leave and enter the country or if you make a trip within the country and stay in a hotel.

How is this different from scrapping the TM30 altogether? Where are these reports? The Imm site says a report is done every change of address more than 24 hours. Nothings changed?