This will be my last post

FaFaHead

4 minutes ago, jewell49 said:

I have only visited the USA a few times but to me this is a 1,000 % better here.

IMO America seems to be as infested with PC as New Zealand, but with more guns. I've never wanted to visit America, nor will I.

Whatever problems Thailand has, PC is not one of them, which makes it better than anyplace that does have PC.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why did you move to Thailand 10 years ago?

I know Thailand changed. But as far as I see it didn't change so much.

I.e. I moved here 20 years ago because of all the pretty girl here and because of all the ugly women at "home". And now there are still lots of pretty girls in Thailand and it seems even more ugly women at "home".

And some of these "girls" are as heavy as 250 kg! ( Or more)..

14 hours ago, kokesaat said:

The difference being, in Thailand you can go to a garlic festival or a church or a music fest or a school and not worry about being gunned down by someone you don't know.

Yeah but try going to a Morlum show and you might end up in the middle of a gang bottle and knife fight. And this is on the majority side that fights always break out.

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Yeah but try going to a Morlum show and you might end up in the middle of a gang bottle and knife fight. And this is on the majority side that fights always brake out.

I lived in Thailand quite happily without ever going to a Morlum show, or any event where large fireworks get thrown at people. It really isn't necessary to go in harms way to enjoy living in LOS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dcheech said:

Please. He had a speech writer.

that means nothing.  almost all big politicos have speech writers.  anyway, i'm not claiming he was a genius,  it's just what i've heard from various sources.  

14 hours ago, Skallywag said:

As an American, am offended by your comment 55.  The English, Australians, Germans, and French I have had conversations with are the ones always putting down thailand's people and culture and terrible traffic and infrastructure in my experience. 

Though these conversations are in bars and alcohol is involved, so would not consider my opinion a scientific study ????

Their just taking the pi$$, I mean can you imagine any of the above not bitching or moaning or groaning, it would be pretty damn quiet in conversation, somewhat Americanised, just taking the pi$$ mate ????

Question, if it's not the Thai's, who then, there isn't a Mouso or Chinaman for miles, like my wife says to me when I refer to her an an Asian, she always corrects me, I'm not Asian, I'm Thai and a village slut, I dare say that I have taught her well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

Have you ever gone? Is this the consensus of your bar stool buddies? 

Your statements to everyone are rather negative and you seem a bit off for some reason. Cool down FredGallaherr. Over my almost in a few years 3 decades here, yes I have been to many shows in many different places all over Thailand because it was something to do at that time. Mostly fights broke out from the drunk kids and rivals, but low and behold they always do. I do not go and talk to foreigners on a regular basis as do not have a watering hole I need to be at or frequent everyday or for that matter every week or every month. I do have a Thai bar I go to that some foreigners I know will be at (many different countries) and will say hi and talk to them sometimes. But I go to the Thai bar as I know the owners and they take very good care of me. I average going to a bar in CM about every 2 or 3 months when someone comes into town and I am entertaining, and Bangkok is all about either family or seeing my Thai friends who are factory owners and that will be going to nice restaurants eating and drinking.. Normally I hang at home with my family in my house as is my choosing as I do travel a lot so have no need to sit at a pub or bar BS-ing with people who are clueless or just rampant out of the mouth.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

Far too many of your Citizens are being killed through almost random shooting, and even worse, kids at school and from what the outside World can see, you Country is doing zilch about it.

Hard to do something when it's in the constitution and zero chance of getting that particular bit changed. 

As for the shootings that must be something in their character as many countries have easy access to weapons and few if any mass shootings.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

My military service first of all taught me to be "flexible" and to adapt and I am sure that your's did,

I certainly came out of my military service flexible and adaptable, but perhaps that's because that's in my character. I don't recall anyone specifically teaching me to be flexible and adaptable, unless it was at avoiding the <deleted> that plagued the institution.

Unfortunately, I learned to "dislike" the military as it was full of <deleted> little hitlers that loved to mess people around.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I certainly came out of my military service flexible and adaptable, but perhaps that's because that's in my character. I don't recall anyone specifically teaching me to be flexible and adaptable, unless it was at avoiding the <deleted> that plagued the institution.

Unfortunately, I learned to "dislike" the military as it was full of <deleted> little hitlers that loved to mess people around.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

We are all different and you clearly are very different.  But I don't remember too many people toting little mustaches and raising their extended arm in salutes!  You seem to have had a bad experince in your Country's Armed Forces, or perhaps just resent authority. 

• Like 2