Study shows fewer than half of Thailand’s motorcycle users wear helmets

webfact

1 hour ago, Fred white said:

It's freedom of choice I don't ride here but in the states if I was in a state without a helmet law I removed mine even in my home state of Georgia all I wore was a small helmet that wasn't dot certified when you bought the helmet they gave you a sticker to put in it

Try the following.

With your helmet on bang your head against a rough stone wall and then pushing your head against the wall scrub it along the wall for 5 yards.

Now do it again with just your head and no helmet.

Won't say any helmet will save you hitting concrete at 90mph+, but sliding on your back with good gear and your helmet sliding on the road at 30/40mph I reckon is survivable.

No or cheap helmet, Fred's dead.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how much they paid for a "study" in this situation where a child could accurately observe at a glance that at least half the people don't use helmets, including mommy and daddy. 

But at least Thailand can finally reach "Hubdom". They can be the hub of useless studies. 

36 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Try the following.

With your helmet on bang your head against a rough stone wall and then pushing your head against the wall scrub it along the wall for 5 yards.

Now do it again with just your head and no helmet.

Won't say any helmet will save you hitting concrete at 90mph+, but sliding on your back with good gear and your helmet sliding on the road at 30/40mph I reckon is survivable.

No or cheap helmet, Fred's dead.

But still my choice if you want to bare back 10 bar girls a day that would be your choice or do you want the govt to dictate how you have sex

19 minutes ago, Fred white said:

But still my choice if you want to bare back 10 bar girls a day that would be your choice or do you want the govt to dictate how you have sex

Married mate, don't play roullette..

Been down the road on my back a couple of times when biking so I know what it sounds like and feels like. One bad one when I got T boned, I was doing about 30mph and my helmet smashed the windscreen in the car. Cracked a bone in my leg but was back on the bikes in 3 weeks. No or cheap helmet that day I wouldn't be typing this post.

Doesn't matter how good a biker you are. It's all down to the other idiots around you.

11 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Married mate, don't play roullette..

Been down the road on my back a couple of times when biking so I know what it sounds like and feels like. One bad one when I got T boned, I was doing about 30mph and my helmet smashed the windscreen in the car. Cracked a bone in my leg but was back on the bikes in 3 weeks. No or cheap helmet that day I wouldn't be typing this post.

Doesn't matter how good a biker you are. It's all down to the other idiots around you.

You still don't understand PERSONAL CHOICE I knew the risks. Under 18 yes they need to be required to wear helmets

Archived