U.S. set to push security strategy as Chinese maneuvers rattle region

snoop1130

35 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Where is all the oil from the Middle East going? 

To China of course. They should call on the PLA navy to secure the Hormuz strait or let Iran set it all ablaze.

Since China is importing 10 million bbls /day it will cost China close to $4 billion/year for every $ oil increase. Smart way for Trump to pressure China.

They're paying for a lot of it in yuan too. Dollar/bbl increase won't hurt China much.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

You mean they lied about how China characterized the treaty? Nonsense.

1. "No practical signifance" means that whatever provisions are in the treaty, no longer apply. How is that in practice different from "null and void".

2. Does the one country/two systems agreement still stand? 3. Have Hong Kong citizens not been kidnapped and taken to China for trial and punishment?

1. Plenty.

2. Yes.

3. No.

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

What are you on about? You are seriously comparing the decrepit economy of the USSR to China's economy? 

Well he does think that there's no such thing as the petro-yuan, so perhaps it's understandable.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Traubert said:

Well he does think that there's no such thing as the petro-yuan, so perhaps it's understandable.

Yes, there is such a thing as the petro-yuan but it's mostly traded domestically in China. A very small factor in international trade.

China’s Oil Futures Give New York and London a Run for Their Money

A year after China rolled out yuan-denominated oil futures to shake up the global crude market, trading in the new contracts is gaining ground on rivals in London and New York.

But despite a surge in volumes, market participants say most trading in the yuan-based contracts has been initiated by domestic, rather than foreign players. That suggests China still has a way to go before oil futures in Shanghai can become a truly international benchmark.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/chinas-oil-futures-give-new-york-and-london-a-run-for-their-money-11553679002

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Traubert said:

It might have been but it still doesn't mean null and void.

What is a Chinetoc?

you should read the article carefully and tell where does it say may/might.... it was all over the news, not only the Daily Telegraph, Reuters, BBC, Sky News, CBS, News18 and so many... thsi are the same people who got a ruling by the ICA (International Court of Arbitration) about the south china sea, and they ignored it, they rammed down Philippines/Vietnamese fishing boats and run away, the send so called "" surveyor"" military frigates to spy on shipping boats and ramming (again) fishing boats, will stop and just wondering how much they (Chinese) pay you to be posting this non sense, you must high up there in their ranks

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Traubert said:

1. Plenty.

2. Yes.

3. No.

lies and more lies, the guy has been brain washed not worth time to comment his posts.... for a chinese he does write not too bad english

21 hours ago, bristolboy said:

All you provide is assertions. No evidence. No point in talking with someone who can't produce evidence to support his arguments.

finally we are on the same train pf thoughts, the guy is not worth a breath of fresh air, makes assertions and never provides back up for his comments, he's working for the chinese and some how got infiltrated in TV

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Traubert said:

you should get informed before making st...d arguments, you really are looking bad or very bad with no data to back your poor arguments

• Like 1

you should read the article carefully and tell where does it say may/might.... it was all over the news, not only the Daily Telegraph, Reuters, BBC, Sky News, CBS, News18 and so many... thsi are the same people who got a ruling by the ICA (International Court of Arbitration) about the south china sea, and they ignored it, they rammed down Philippines/Vietnamese fishing boats and run away, the send so called "" surveyor"" military frigates to spy on shipping boats and ramming (again) fishing boats, will stop and just wondering how much they (Chinese) pay you to be posting this non sense, you must high up there in their ranks

Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, singking said:

You just wrote a list of some the most unreliable news sources

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

really, do you care to provide back up to your "reliable" news sources, please don't tell us they are CCTV(s) or South China Morning Post, China Daily, XinHua. Baidu, ZhiHu, Sina.com.cn, Weibo, the paper.cn...how many more reliable news sources do you want

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Where is all the oil from the Middle East going? 

To China of course. They should call on the PLA navy to secure the Hormuz strait or let Iran set it all ablaze.

Since China is importing 10 million bbls /day it will cost China close to $4 billion/year for every $ oil increase. Smart way for Trump to pressure China.

Perhaps the majority of it goes to China but a lot will be going to other countries in Asean including Thailand.

Maybe Thailand should crank up its carrier and do some patrols in the Gulf region.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 9:31 PM, bristolboy said:

All you provide is assertions. No evidence. No point in talking with someone who can't produce evidence to support his arguments.

They aren't assertions or arguments. You asked three questions. I gave three answers. They were previously explained. I'm a man of few words.

Edited by Traubert
Boredom

On 8/4/2019 at 7:10 PM, Traubert said:

Oh we have a racist in our midst do we?

How nice. I thought name calling was frowned on here?

Just to be clear Mavideol in post #19  used that word. Not me.  You asked what it meant. I googled it and provided you the meaning. You could have done the same but you seem curiously disinclined to look things up.

In fact, you seem disinclined in general to provide independently confirmable evidence. I got news for you. When you're using thaivisa.com, you're doing it via something called the internet. It connects to sources that specialize in providing hard confirmable evidence. Give those sources a try sometime.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Traubert said:

They aren't assertions or arguments. You asked three questions. I gave three answers. They were previously explained. I'm a man of few words.

And even though the words are few, you managed to bungle that too.

My 2nd question was

"How is that in practice different from "null and void"."

Your answer was "yes".

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Traubert said:

"I'm a man of few words."

About 900 posts in 7 months is not "a few" by forum standards. And then there are the lengthy bits like this one - https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1116014-us-will-struggle-to-counter-china’s-muscle-in-asia-experts-say/?tab=comments#comment-14430872

No shortage of words when it comes to defending and justifying the actions and policies of the Chinese regime.

• Like 2