shipping bulky items (small move)

Boris Popovic

I am moving from Bangkok to Koh Phangan and I am searching for small moves, or shipping within Thailand but however I word it, I just get shipping to Thailand. What is the cheapest way to ship larger boxes, a table, chair, foam and shelves taken apart? I bough bulky stuff on Lazada and shipping was very low, so I am guessing I could ship for cheap myself.

Just now, Boris Popovic said:

I tried post office calculator which lets you enter max 30kg, and the price for it is 120 baht. Cheap!

Logispost

Service description
Conveyance or distribution service for oversized and/or cumbersome items to all destinations nationwide. Items can be accepted and picked up at any post offices convenient for the recipient. Item status can be monitored with ‘Track & Trace’ system via smart phone application "Track & Trace", www.thailandpost.co.th or THP Contact Center 1545.

Terms and conditions
  1. Maximum weight: 200 kgs.
  2. Compensation for loss or damage caused by the postal service will be payable according to its actual value within the maximum amount of 3,000 THB. In case of more insurance needed, sender can use insured service with extra fee at the maximum amount of 200,000 THB.

Points of sale
All post offices nationwide

On 8/1/2019 at 5:47 PM, CharlieH said:

Check out the Post Office !

We've used the Post office to move bulkier furniture and a washing machine from PAttaya to a house quite isolated in the hills in Chayaphum province. My son called the main PO in Pattaya, they gave him another number for furniture etc removals, instant positive help, all nicely planned, PO staff came quickly and packed things well, all delivered without damage nothing missing within 5 days, on arrival PO folks asked if the receiver wanted it unpacked and placed in whatever locations, all done and they took away all the packaging making sure there was no remaining mess, forget the cost but very reasonable.

Son sent his big bike plus 3 big full backpacks from Chiang Mai to near the rose garden just outside pattaya a few months ago, all packed well, delivered and unpacked within 3 days, no damage, 2,000Baht, the PO staff called in advance of each step to make sure everything was coordinated. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1