Are big bikes worth it?

webfact

6 hours ago, mogandave said:

Oldest and richest man in the world dies at 300. He was primarily known for winning the Nobel Piece Prize 34 times and being unanimously elected to a lifetime position as “King of the World” at the age of 65 and for holding the UFC men’s heavyweight title for 240 consecutive years. He is survived by his three current wives(26 year old Ukrainian triplets), 18 of his previous 28 wives, 42 children, 140 grandchildren, 275 great grandchildren, 700 great-great grandchildren and 1900 great-great-great-great grandchildren.

"Died prematurely of a burst ego"

On 8/2/2019 at 4:24 AM, webfact said:

Are big bikes worth it?

The bikes, yes. The gits riding them on Thai roads... not so much. Most of them need one (a big bike) to compensate for the lack of size in that same region between the thighs.

Edited by outsider

12 hours ago, outsider said:

The bikes, yes. The gits riding them on Thai roads... not so much. Most of them need one (a big bike) to compensate for the lack of size in that same region between the thighs.

That would seem to be a racist slur on Thai people? Unless of course you are referring to ALL big bike owners, in which case it would be a personal prejudice stereotype.

either way a rather feeble observation.

Edited by Airbagwill

5 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

That would seem to be a racist slur on Thai people? Unless of course you are referring to ALL big bike owners, in which case it would be a personal prejudice stereotype.

either way a rather feeble observation.

Can't read too well, can ya?

But I guess I'll have to agree with you. YOUR observation was indeed quite feeble. Full marks to you for the bravery at public admission though :clap2:Now, try to strengthen up. Good luck!

Edited by outsider

For me the answer is not that difficult.

Big bikes are/can be fun, but, only if used with everything taken into consideration.

Experience gained over a time period, with proper training.

Road condition as in 3 or 4 lanes on your side.

Well maintained roads, ( no potholes blah blah )

Weather, dry roads.

Standard of driving of all other road users.

Car drivers who don't consider bikers as inferior ( because bikers can't afford a pick-up ).

Introducing a new licence structure will make as much difference as fly up in the air.

I've ridden big bikes all over EU when a lot of Autobahns/Autostradas has 'no limit' sections. 200kph plus++ and it was fun. In Thailand I bought an 1100, rode it for a few months and sold it.

Thailand is one of the countries where 'big bikes' are not a good idea.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2019 at 1:10 PM, Airbagwill said:

"and no, I don't potter about" - you're a classic "bike" - all throttle and no thought

And you my friend, would appear to know absolutely nothing, despite your claim to have a lot of bike experience.

On 8/2/2019 at 4:13 AM, Justgrazing said:

Nothing wrong with the bikes .. But you have to be super experienced and exercise great restraint with the throttle wrist on one to not end up dead .. 

Yep. the daily ride could be my last. I know the risk. 

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

For me the answer is not that difficult.

Big bikes are/can be fun, but, only if used with everything taken into consideration.

Experience gained over a time period, with proper training.

Road condition as in 3 or 4 lanes on your side.

Well maintained roads, ( no potholes blah blah )

Weather, dry roads.

Standard of driving of all other road users.

Car drivers who don't consider bikers as inferior ( because bikers can't afford a pick-up ).

Introducing a new licence structure will make as much difference as fly up in the air.

I've ridden big bikes all over EU when a lot of Autobahns/Autostradas has 'no limit' sections. 200kph plus++ and it was fun. In Thailand I bought an 1100, rode it for a few months and sold it.

Thailand is one of the countries where 'big bikes' are not a good idea.

I had some big bikes in Europe and some here. Bought a 1100 cc last August after having had two 750 cc bikes and I'm sometimes wondering why I'm still alive when I see how people drive here. ( Isaan!!!)

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 10:38 PM, smedly said:

90% of accidents in Thailand someone is breaking the law - it doesn't matter whether motorbike or car - it doesn't matter the size of the car or motorbike - someone is doing something wrong, who is there to stop them - nobody

and 90% of them know they are doing something wrong and they will keep doing it until the risk of being caught increases 

The police do their tactical training and collision avoidance responses for bikes on their mobile phones. 

Its called Pacman and Candy Crush. 

Big bikes should be restricted to racetracks. The ordinary motor vehicle infrastructure was not designed with them in mind. You don't see formula 1 cars on the roads very often. Big bikes are just splendid for dramatic, horrific demonstrations of suicide on ordinary roads.

True [emoji1531]

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app