How to get rid of the hot air in your car

probably like most guys, the first thing i thought of was to stop the wife talking but always wondered at the sequence of opening the car windows to quickly get the air out.

Nir Kahn‏ @Nir_Kahn

A/C tip from someone in a hot country to Brits about to get into their baked cars. Switch on the A/C and open all the windows. Drive like that for a minute then close only the front windows. One more minute, only then close the rears. This pulls the hot stale air out faster.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/motoring/research/heatwave-life-hack-how-to-clear-your-car-of-hot-air/ar-AAFc9Kj

2 hours ago, Coremouse said:

Haven't been using AC for a while, windows down is good enough for my Bangkok commutes haha!

AC is for s... no actually AC is for demist only????

Must be invigorating sucking in that lovely clean air.

If I leave the car in the sun, which would be unusual, but unavoidable at some places, I leave the windows down a little, about a fingers width.

When I reach the car after an hour or so away, I will open all the doors, put the windows down and put the A/C on full blast for about a minute, then I will turn the dial so the air goes up to the front window so it cools the front window, then close the doors and the windows, by then I can put the roof up on the convertible ????

1 hour ago, alien365 said:

If the car is going to be parked in the sun for a while I put the car umbrella up. It keeps the car nice and cool. Naturally, I get a few stares but I don't really care.

Car umbrellas are awesome. Some are even quite cool looking (no pun intended).

6 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Is A/C one of those new fangled ideas, a bit like those electric window thingymajigs ? ????

And an electric starter motor instead of the handle sticking out of the front ! 

4 hours ago, NE1 said:

Alien365 , is that one of those mounted retractable shades ?

Yes. I bought a cheap one from lazada and store it in the boot of the car (retracted it's a bit big because of the price and I ordered an L size for an eco car...). It takes less than 30seconds to put up and it's a godsend when there's no shade. Lanmodo do the best ones as they're more compact when retracted and you can get with a remote control. 

Cars can be 'coded'.... (programing the computer). 

Its possible to code your car so that when you press the key fob (top open) and hold the 'unlock' button for 3 seconds all windows will open...  

A previous car actually had this as standard - extremely useful. 

Other options are 'remote start' to start your car for 5 mins before you get in. 

AC?  Windows?  My kids and I rode up to Loei from BKK in the back of a pickup truck one time.  About 550 km.  Hot as hell, then cold as all get-out when it rained very late in the day. The missus rode up front.

This is the procedure for quickest displacement of the hot cabin air;

•Turn on A/C ????

•Select option to bring in air from outside (as opposed to inside recycle)

• Open all windows a few inches

• Select option to send cold air to your feet (the cold air from beneath forces the hot air to rise out of the open windows)

• After a few minutes close windows, switch AC back to recycle within cabin and switch AC outlet from floor vents to face level vents. 

Everyone’s now cool ???? 

Hope this helps. 

3 hours ago, Nemises said:

This is the procedure for quickest displacement of the hot cabin air;

•Turn on A/C ????

•Select option to bring in air from outside (as opposed to inside recycle)

• Open all windows a few inches

• Select option to send cold air to your feet (the cold air from beneath forces the hot air to rise out of the open windows)

• After a few minutes close windows, switch AC back to recycle within cabin and switch AC outlet from floor vents to face level vents. 

Everyone’s now cool ???? 

Hope this helps. 

Same as my procedure . Have to mention that the biggest problem of cooling the car , even with the a/c on , is the windscreen . There are cars that do not have the demisting feature which blows air to the wind screen . The wife's car ( Mitsu Attrage ) , can touch the wind screen , when driving and with the a/c on , and it is like touching a central heating radiator . Thais are told that window tinting reduces the heat level in the car ( can you believe ?) .  I remember many years ago that there were cars that had a wind screen visor which protruded maybe 150 mm or more . This took off the direct sun to the screen and the driver .

When taking a Bangkok taxi I have noticed quite a few have the silver coloured panels held by rubber suckers to the windows and they definitely work . 

Does anyone know , Is there proof that a white car is cooler than a black car because of light reflection ? 

19 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

If I leave the car in the sun, which would be unusual, but unavoidable at some places, I leave the windows down a little, about a fingers width.

When I reach the car after an hour or so away, I will open all the doors, put the windows down and put the A/C on full blast for about a minute, then I will turn the dial so the air goes up to the front window so it cools the front window, then close the doors and the windows, by then I can put the roof up on the convertible ????

I tend to go back to the car, get in it and drive away. Not sure what all the fuss is about if it's a bit hot for a minute of two, it is the tropics after all. 

10 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I tend to go back to the car, get in it and drive away. Not sure what all the fuss is about if it's a bit hot for a minute of two, it is the tropics after all. 

This. Are people's AC units broken or something? 

I have the coolest (sorry for the pun) machine to keep the car cool when parked in hot sun.

https://www.banggood.com/Solar-Power-Car-Window-Auto-Air-Vent-Cool-Fan-Cooler-Ventilation-System-Radiator-p-1121353.html?cur_warehouse=CN

About THB 350 for two units, runs on solar, fan keeps sucking hot air from inside and throwing out, easy to install in one or two back windows.

Works good! 

Archived