How to get rid of the hot air in your car

On 8/2/2019 at 8:13 PM, alien365 said:

Yes. I bought a cheap one from lazada and store it in the boot of the car (retracted it's a bit big because of the price and I ordered an L size for an eco car...). It takes less than 30seconds to put up and it's a godsend when there's no shade. Lanmodo do the best ones as they're more compact when retracted and you can get with a remote control. 

How exactly does it attach? From pictures on Lazada looks like ropes but I can't figure out what they anchor to.

And which brand/model did you get? I see a wide range price=wise.

9 hours ago, Sheryl said:

How exactly does it attach? From pictures on Lazada looks like ropes but I can't figure out what they anchor to.

And which brand/model did you get? I see a wide range price=wise.

There are two straps on mine that you pass through the doors, then clip the buckles inside the car. That gives it most of the stability and security. When you open the umbrella, there are also four small suction cups where the umbrella sits on the car. Sometimes I just use these (simply placing the umbrella on the car) and don't bother with the straps. If you really wanted, you could attach the four extra straps on the tips of the umbrella and hook them to your wheels or wheel arches. I'd only use those if it was very windy, but when its very windy the sun isn't out anyway, so I never use these. After using it a few times you figure out the quickest way to put it up, requiring only one walk around the car. 

Regarding the brand/model it says on Lazada that it's a laminarX and I bought it for B1,990 at Boonrawd shop. If I had the money though, I would buy a Lanmodo as they are easier to put up and take less space when stored away. At three times the cost though for their basic model, they are expensive.

On 8/3/2019 at 3:01 AM, superal said:

Does anyone know , Is there proof that a white car is cooler than a black car because of light reflection ? 

Absolutely. Its why airliners are (mostly) white. White reflects heat, black absorbs it. It's know as thermal advantage. Explained well here (skip to 3:37 if you can't spare 5 minutes) I can never understand why black cars are so popular in Thailand. https://youtu.be/659vqjkwvP0

Archived