Thai road safety: Yet more motorcyclists strangled by hanging wires

webfact

On 8/2/2019 at 2:50 AM, webfact said:
He said that a cable got wrapped three times round his neck throwing him to the tarmac. This was confirmed to reporters by a restaurant owner at the scene. 

Screenshot_10-9.jpg

Bet he was a regular at said restaurant...

On 8/2/2019 at 11:10 AM, RJRS1301 said:

Some people have no pride, or maybe it is considered a sign of wealth

Odd, 7 days ago you said it's misogyny. Now it's just a dude having no pride, times change fast I guess.

4 hours ago, Artisi said:

Don't see the connection here with road design and the problem associated with this accident, it had absolutely nothing what-so-ever to do with road design. 

Not so sure as you are..

and wearing corrective lenses to see the road and its environment would be a good thing too.
I have just renewed my license for 5 years for the third time, the medical visit to the hospital was just a soft formality; no examination of the eyes and yet I wear glasses so the doctor had to know that without glasses I can not see well...
But that was absolutely not his problem.

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

Not so sure as you are..

and wearing corrective lenses to see the road and its environment would be a good thing too.
I have just renewed my license for 5 years for the third time, the medical visit to the hospital was just a soft formality; no examination of the eyes and yet I wear glasses so the doctor had to know that without glasses I can not see well...
But that was absolutely not his problem.

Anything to do with road design?

On 8/1/2019 at 11:14 PM, tracker1 said:

Have to get their priorities right ! submarines first

Agreed.  Submarines are more important than removing potentially dangerous electric cable because they will cost plenty and deplete the national coffers and it is doubtful they will harm anybody because they will be like the aircraft carrier that goes nowhere.  Electric cables, on the other hand, just hang around waiting for unsuspecting victims before they pounce/drop on the unwary.  I do question why the motorcycle taxi driver got hung up as he should be aware of them as his job is to travel along the same roads everyday.

Just adding an edit because when in the Royal Navy we never had any submarine becoming entangled with underwater cables, except in wartime and that was with cables and nets surrounding enemy ships.  The Thai navy should be made aware of the danger of submerging before determining if the electric/cable companies responsible for laying cables have not done any laying where the subs will go down, maybe permanently.

'nuf sed.

Edited by wotsdermatter
added more
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

Agreed.  Submarines are more important than removing potentially dangerous electric cable because they will cost plenty and deplete the national coffers and it is doubtful they will harm anybody because they will be like the aircraft carrier that goes nowhere.  Electric cables, on the other hand, just hang around waiting for unsuspecting victims before they pounce/drop on the unwary.  I do question why the motorcycle taxi driver got hung up as he should be aware of them as his job is to travel along the same roads everyday.

Just adding an edit because when in the Royal Navy we never had any submarine becoming entangled with underwater cables, except in wartime and that was with cables and nets surrounding enemy ships.  The Thai navy should be made aware of the danger of submerging before determining if the electric/cable companies responsible for laying cables have not done any laying where the subs will go down, maybe permanently.

'nuf sed.

I wouldn't worry too much, it's very unlikely any Thai submarine will ever leave its pen, just another useless show-pony event, "look at me - me - me" we have submarines - however, we don't know what to do with it, but isn't lovely. 

• Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 11:10 AM, RJRS1301 said:

Some people have no pride, or maybe it is considered a sign of wealth

Must be a lot of rich fat gutted pensioners in Pattaya whiling away their time on the bar stools. Who would have guessed? I guess a lot are also retired Philosophy majors who like to keep their hand in the old job educating the lesser mortals.

• Haha 1