Shipping A Laptop From China

Can anyone tell me what the Vat/Customs fee's would be if I were to ship a new laptop from china? Approximate value of 35-40K baht.

I know I can buy one here, but that isn't really what I'm looking to do. I can't find any references on the customs website to laptops.

Thanks in advance.

if you farang nothing to worry about thai custom/vat, nobody ever bother to see what electronic i have. if you a thai it might be a different story. anyway, if you buy anything have an adapter as the plug differs from the thai.

if you farang nothing to worry about thai custom/vat, nobody ever bother to see what electronic i have. if you a thai it might be a different story. anyway, if you buy anything have an adapter as the plug differs from the thai.

The OP is asking about importing a laptop by shipping it, not by carrying through customs himself.

I believe the customs import duty will be 20% of the CIF invoiced price. VAT at 7% will then be payable on the total including duty. Depending on how you send it you might also get charged a customs brokerage fee. Beware of having it shipped with a false value - if Customs are suspicious and you can't proove you paid (or have been invoiced) the declared value, they may impose their own arbitrary value and possibly even confiscate your laptop.

Can anyone tell me what the Vat/Customs fee's would be if I were to ship a new laptop from china? Approximate value of 35-40K baht.

I know I can buy one here, but that isn't really what I'm looking to do. I can't find any references on the customs website to laptops.

Thanks in advance.

1. Can you explain why you want to buy+import a laptop from China?

2. Last year, my wife bought an Acer-laptop in China (and installed all kinds of Chinese software) and took it (temporarily) to Thailand; no problem.

3. We found out that the same Acer was considerably cheaper in Thailand than in China....! :o

LaoPo

Thanks in advance.

1. Can you explain why you want to buy+import a laptop from China?

2. Last year, my wife bought an Acer-laptop in China (and installed all kinds of Chinese software) and took it (temporarily) to Thailand; no problem.

3. We found out that the same Acer was considerably cheaper in Thailand than in China....! :o

LaoPo

1. Yes, the laptop I'm intending to buy is considerably cheaper than anything with a comparable spec in BKK.

2. Software is of no concern to me.

3. For me, this is not the case.

sonicdragon - Thanks for your help.

• 2 months later...