RFC: Changed of definition of LOS.

May only apply to Pattaya, but I don't think so, somehow.

So you’re coming down Thappraya from Jomtien to the flyover, ready to hang a left to the traffic lights and then a right into what will become 2nd road.

Wrong.  They blocked it off for at the traffic lights to allow for road works from the junction where, if you’re coming from Pattaya, you turn right to get onto the Jomtien road to about 100m along 2nd road.  Diversion signs? None.  Mapped routes for those needing to get onto 2nd road (especially the Song Thaew’s)? None, leaving all traffic to make their way through numerous backstreets until they come out of a narrow street just past the road works.  As there are numerous small roads and passages between hotels, the traffic is jammed up even more by all the traffic trying to get onto the one road that leads back to 2nd road.

Note that all the traffic from Jomtien into 2nd road is forced into 3rd road, less those who know the back streets, doubling the amount of traffic on that road. And lo and behold and to my disbelief, I saw another road gang cutting a channel along 3rd road, just where all the traffic is concentrating where those savvy enough have come down off the flyover and are trying to join the rest.  "Naah", I thought, "not really".

But yes, yesterday I saw them digging up that road as well.   

So, my friends and colleagues on Thai Visa, I would like your comments on a change of definition of LOS from “Land of Smile” to “Land of <deleted>”

Regards

Pferdlkranz

Archived