Johnson's top aide says lawmakers can't stop no-deal Brexit - Sunday Telegraph

rooster59

31 minutes ago, nauseus said:

What? No Euro v USD?

The opening forex for the €uro was US$ 1,179 in 2000. Now it is  US$ 1,11. Not such a dive as the GBP made.

https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/USDEUR/  

https://www.macrotrends.net/2549/pound-dollar-exchange-rate-historical-chart  

image.png.fee7bfaaff10bbeb3a43ecb4e1f8a2c0.png

US$ vs GBP 1999-2019.jpg

Edited by puipuitom
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

The opening forex for the €uro was US$ 1,179 in 2000. Now it is  US$ 1,11. Not such a dive as the GBP made.

https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/USDEUR/  

https://www.macrotrends.net/2549/pound-dollar-exchange-rate-historical-chart  

image.png.fee7bfaaff10bbeb3a43ecb4e1f8a2c0.png

US$ vs GBP 1999-2019.jpg

Nicely done - except that you have changed the base currency for the second one. When you get it right you will see a similar trend. Naughty. Naughty. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Handsome Gardener said:

Odd then that every survey I've seen in the last 6 months wants exactly that !

Oh dear so you believe what the establishment media tell you. The same media that kept telling us we would all vote to stay in the EU. Most surveys have a sample area of just over 1200 respondents.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, zorrow424 said:

Doubt if Brexit was main cause,falling exchange rates,but all countries were effected.   its Thailand's decision to keep hot money flowing into Thailand that is main cause,bond sales.  personally I think its all a ponzi scheme at play, past bond sales need servicing,no money to do it,so fresh sales take place.   Thailand's going kaput too

what,thailands going kaput with the amount of for ex that floods in via western union etc that the "sponsors" send their floozes?with most of them having multiple sponsors must be a goodly amount.

4 hours ago, smedly said:

we will be better off 

the EU (Germany) have stripped the UK to the bone - they have invaded the UK through stealth these last 20 years, I hear Germans and French nationals talking - I have even engaged a few of them - their attitude made me angry - now not so much, their 3rd attempt to rule Europe is now facing yet another fail, as Farage would say - who's laughing now :cheesy:????:cheesy:

I have no problem trading with all EU countries but we will do it as an independent country - if they don't want to trade without governing and controlling us then that is a path to their own destruction - up to them

I think they are now finally getting the message - we are leaving

Economically better off?

Dominic Grieve, the former attorney general, joined Labour in denying claims it’s too late to block the prime minister’s plan.

And he said that, if it came to it, he would be part of the push to bring down Mr Johnson’s administration to prevent a no-deal departure.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-no-deal-boris-johnson-dominic-grieve-collapse-government-election-a9039121.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, smedly said:

There is one fact that escapes everyone - we will leave on the 31st Oct, it cannot be stopped, even if the CON government loses a NC vote all they have to do is plan an election after the 31st Oct we will have left by default and law - bye bye

Edited by stephenterry
deleted

14 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Sorry, but not true. Constitutionally, parliament have 14 days after the no-confidence vote to select a new PM - who presumably would be against a no-deal exit. And this PM would seek an extension.

Try another angle...

It was mentioned in a (either Guardian or BBC) article that this would require the existing PM to step down after losing a no-confidence vote which legally he wouldn’t be obliged to. 

BBC it is: “However, Catherine Haddon, from the Institute for Government think tank, said that while [forming a government of national unity] was possible, it would rely on Mr Johnson resigning as PM after losing a no-confidence vote - something he is not legally bound to do.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49225906

Edited by welovesundaysatspace

1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

It was mentioned in a (either Guardian or BBC) article that this would require the existing PM to step down after losing a no-confidence vote which legally he wouldn’t be obliged to. 

Yes, quite right. But at least he'll be gone one way or another.

7 hours ago, smedly said:

where in my post did I claim to be quoting anyone and since you removed most of it 

errrr that's the problem you didn't - you quoted Dominic Cummings word for word and DIDN'T mention that - preferring to leave people with the impression that you came up with that yourself - understand ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

"The UK never really bought into the EU project,"  an assumption based on a narrow minded point of view.

What the brexiteers fail get their heads around is the concept of identity, this is blatantly obvious in the debate over the Irish border.

I am a Scottish EU citizen, "British" is a political identity imposed by the UK government. There can never be a valid "collective result" when 85% of the "collective" is of the same identity,

The history books will show that brexit was fundamentally flawed from day one.

Come on Sandy even many remainers would admit that the UK hasn't never felt part of the EU. The fact of remaining with the GBP, the constant questioning on the EU's stance on further integration and federalisation. Immigration and the reluctance to join all EU laws.  That is not a narrow view but a real one. The referendum result in 2016 blows your theory away as the majority voted to leave.

Te History books in my opinion as that's all it can be like yours an opinion will show the the UK stood up and demanded independence from a bullying organisation and have done well for themselves.

How ironic you call yourself a Scottish EU citizen and then call British a political identity. Hypocrisy, as I can see the movie Braveheart been shown as an identity..

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1