Johnson's top aide says lawmakers can't stop no-deal Brexit - Sunday Telegraph

rooster59

I have no real idea about Brexit and the economic stuff. But wouldn't Brexit mean opening up trade to many, many other countries? Could be a very good thing. Aussie and NZ lamb and beef imports....er...black pudding exports......sh!t I'll have another Singha and rethink this.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bannork said:

Love it how Brexiteers always claim that countries with stronger currencies are doomed.

'EU? Oh, it's finished mate once we leave. France, Germany, their economies will tank once the UK has committed economic suicide. No one to buy German cars, they're gonna go bust, (of course as the pound collapses further we won't have the money to buy their cars anyway).

Thailand? Yeah, it's doomed too, how can a developing country have a stronger currency than ours, the great UK? We will bounce back. mark my words, it stands to reason right? Once we've got these new trade deals with who knows who in place in a few years. (apparently the trade deal with the Yanks will take at least 3 years, and maybe never if we mess up the backstop), we'll be back at the top of our game, or some other meaningless phrase.'

..but you yourself know nothing,possibly Irish  ,nothing but hatred now.  keep it up,keep taking the pills,     

Who said Thailand is doomed? must be referring to my last quote,or was it?    The strong Thailand Baht is not brought about by Trading forecasts,have to read the BP see how badly events are in the pipeline,its bond sales,even BoT admits it is

Put your mind at rest  Brexit is almost upon you ,and me,and by God it feels good,  go have a Guinness   make a day of it

27 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

ER m  I would say Treasure Island is about to be pulled from under their feet. UK always in negative territory import/export by billions,now  (or nearly, no negatives from EU for UK ....as no trading with EU    Eu especially southern EU going to be hit extremely hard,...as for Eire  basket case  billions  ,even trillions to be poured into that basket case

,...anyway  wot you say as to extent of euro being strong and stable  ?   lol

Does that come in English ?

25 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

It might have the muscle,in numbers,but all bets off as to future, the EU is in deep trouble  that GDP can go either way,the UKs GDP is down because of uncertainty  ,once clarity comes about which it will,numbers will go up

errrrr ok ! 

How are the trade deals looking ?

2 minutes ago, Handsome Gardener said:

errrrr ok ! 

How are the trade deals looking ?

Christ,have I got to answer this crap,really have I?

You seem to be the clueless sort,if they are going badly In sure you would have facts and figures to hand,but no you have nothing.  Yes Canada Australia  NZ even private tie- up with Trader Joes, Walmarts  US are seeking independent with UK supermarkets      can you add anything?  id stick to gardening if I were you,straw in mouth 

Everything in the garden  mine especially is rosy    yours  lol  

32 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

ER m  I would say Treasure Island is about to be pulled from under their feet. UK always in negative territory import/export by billions,now  (or nearly, no negatives from EU for UK ....as no trading with EU    Eu especially southern EU going to be hit extremely hard,...as for Eire  basket case  billions  ,even trillions to be poured into that basket case

,...anyway  wot you say as to extent of euro being strong and stable  ?   lol

Brexit means no trading with EU? Really? Do you actually understand what Brexit entails? And, more importantly, what it doesn't entail?

The Irish economy is a basket case? Really? Gross National Product grew 6.5% last year. It will take a hit from Brexit, but despite what you believe, doesn't mean that there will be no trading with the UK. 

Southern EU is going to be hit really hard? Why?

8 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

Like thisI am no friend of yours,re-read the crap you recently posted,reference it to actual events,..just hot air flying around    yeah yeah yeah     Brexit is happening, tough for everyone at beginning,but one hell of a lot tougher for you,fact is you will never get over it,worse than Greece beckons for you      wot is it?  Ellis island,here I come again

A psychedelic post filled with bad acid.

Whatcha gonna do if some Remain Tories join with Labour to vote down the government, and in the 14 days allowed by law to select a new PM, choose someone who rejects no Deal Brexit?

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

Brexit means no trading with EU? Really? Do you actually understand what Brexit entails? And, more importantly, what it doesn't entail?

The Irish economy is a basket case? Really? Gross National Product grew 6.5% last year. It will take a hit from Brexit, but despite what you believe, doesn't mean that there will be no trading with the UK. 

Southern EU is going to be hit really hard? Why?

Please  I just have no time for the likes of you    please do not be offended

5 minutes ago, bannork said:

I like zorrow424, clearly from Alice in Wonderland with his breaks between words and stream of delirious consciousness.

He's obviously a Remainer, sent to give the Brexiteers a bad image.

Now here we have it, it is only goons that attempt interpreted posts as to intellectual quality  ,because after mature heducational corses ,that leave them with only one choice   would that be teeching in thailand by any chance  lol...... Brexit all the way,The Irtish ,few Scots are full of hatred,they know the outcome of all this,and I admit ,I really do it looks increasingly bad for the Irish   A pint of Guinness works wonders,few too many too

15 minutes ago, bannork said:

I like zorrow424, clearly from Alice in Wonderland with his breaks between words and stream of delirious consciousness.

He's obviously a Remainer, sent to give the Brexiteers a bad image.

Whatever he is, given the bizarre quality of his English, it's dubious that he grew up in the UK despite his protestations to the contrary. That by itself doesn't discredit his views. But their relation to reality does.

14 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Whatever he is, given the bizarre quality of his English, it's dubious that he grew up in the UK despite his protestations to the contrary. That by itself doesn't discredit his views. But their relation to reality does.

Wot is this?  another inglish teecher from the academic success laden mature student colleges that litter the UK,the illiterates armed after 2 years of intensive study with their underwater basket weaving degrees?  looks like it,from someone with all the time on his hands sure ain't the raging success story,and from someone who asks why the southern eu will be hit hard,Id say he doesn't know his arse from his elbow  lol

Again it is like this,in less than 90 days UK is out of the EU     painful for some,especially the Irish,extremely so.  This is democracy in action        It sure feels good   really it does  lol

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

'Underwater basket weaving degrees' 

555, come on zorrow, when are you next on stage?

AH! the irish charge..There are some thick <deleted> here,the ex mature student type are by far the worst,one analytic survey stated they were all mentally ill,no arse in their pants,cannot afford a fresh pair

4 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

AH! the irish charge..There are some thick <deleted> here,the ex mature student type are by far the worst,one analytic survey stated they were all mentally ill,no arse in their pants,cannot afford a fresh pair

16 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

Wot is this?  another inglish teecher from the academic success laden mature student colleges that litter the UK,the illiterates armed after 2 years of intensive study with their underwater basket weaving degrees?  looks like it,from someone with all the time on his hands sure ain't the raging success story,and from someone who asks why the southern eu will be hit hard,Id say he doesn't know his arse from his elbow  lol

Again it is like this,in less than 90 days UK is out of the EU     painful for some,especially the Irish,extremely so.  This is democracy in action        It sure feels good   really it does  lol

Is this how English is spoken in Mordor?

1 hour ago, zorrow424 said:

Christ,have I got to answer this crap,really have I?

You seem to be the clueless sort,if they are going badly In sure you would have facts and figures to hand,but no you have nothing.  Yes Canada Australia  NZ even private tie- up with Trader Joes, Walmarts  US are seeking independent with UK supermarkets      can you add anything?  id stick to gardening if I were you,straw in mouth 

Everything in the garden  mine especially is rosy    yours  lol  

Spot on I have nothing as there are no post apocalyptical Brexit trade deals yet - Trump only stated today that if the digital tax remains he won't be a lot of help either !

However I am genuinely concerned at your ramblings - is there a nurse within shouting distance that could help ?

Where are you from ? 

1 minute ago, zorrow424 said:

There surely is one thick semi-literate here, yourself.

You don't know what Brexit or it's aftermath is, how it already (& will) affect the EU, UK & Ireland - with many businesses in the UK already trying to get the clown-in-charge to stop his bs and come up with a workable solution. 

As for a future deal with the US, Nancy Pelosi, the leader of the US Congress , has said the there will be no trade deal if the Good Friday agreement is breached by Brexit.

9 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Your Irish what do you know about a divided Britain on the EU referendum. Hold on didn't Ireland have a referendum and then the result was ignored and another one produced so the EU got the right result, Hardly democratic or people who have backbone. Just rolled over.

Same as Brexit and.. the Dutch referendum about the EU constitution ( UK does not have one) and Association agreement with the Ukraine: many voted with their feelings, few with their brains. I did not met - in person or virtual - ONE person, who read more as 1 page of these agreements. One big difference: WE have a Parliament, who takes its responsability.

How many Brexiteers did read ONE page of the EU-May agreement ? ? see  https://www.europa-nu.nl/9353000/d/OntwerpVerdragBrexit.pdf or  https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sites/beta-political/files/draft_withdrawal_agreement_0.pdf  or  https://eur-lex.europa.eu/content/news/Brexit-UK-withdrawal-from-the-eu.html?locale=en  

Even HALF of the summery ?? https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/full-text-of-brexit-joint-eu-uk-statement-the-future-relationship-1.3822778

11 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

...and nor do you imbecile   Brexit Brexit Brexit   its happening  right before your very eyes    enjoy it      once in a lifetime      just enjoy

Moronc post

3 hours ago, zorrow424 said:

Doubt if Brexit was main cause,falling exchange rates,but all countries were effected.   its Thailand's decision to keep hot money flowing into Thailand that is main cause,bond sales.  personally I think its all a ponzi scheme at play, past bond sales need servicing,no money to do it,so fresh sales take place.   Thailand's going kaput too

Only look to €uro-vs GBP resp. US$ vs GBP and.. you should be afraid enough.

3 hours ago, zorrow424 said:

Seem to have taken it on yourself to add a layer of gloom that will never happen.   I'm happy, English through and through,   but that Euro you hold ain't so special either,fact is that will certainly dive

Maybe the €uro dives, but the GBP a LOT faster. Look to some charts, about every bank published them.

In 1070 I travveled through the UK. Then the GBP was DM 11,82 (/2= € 5,91). When the UK was invited to join the €uro, € 1,70, around the referendum € 1,35 and .. last Friday... € 1,095. The pound… direction one ounce...

2 hours ago, bannork said:

Love it how Brexiteers always claim that countries with stronger currencies are doomed.

'EU? Oh, it's finished mate once we leave. France, Germany, their economies will tank once the UK has committed economic suicide. No one to buy German cars, they're gonna go bust, (of course as the pound collapses further we won't have the money to buy their cars anyway).

Thailand? Yeah, it's doomed too, how can a developing country have a stronger currency than ours, the great UK? We will bounce back. mark my words, it stands to reason right? Once we've got these new trade deals with who knows who in place in a few years. (apparently the trade deal with the Yanks will take at least 3 years, and maybe never if we mess up the backstop), we'll be back at the top of our game, or some other meaningless phrase.'

Did you ever hear football supporters telling their club has no chance at all ? Even SOB ( Still On Barefoot) believe they can win with 10 - 1 against Mancheester United...

tis true theres no way to stop it and boris is the man to do it no matter how many scummy rats in westminster try they will fail ..no time for revokes or cancels of art 50 ,many will be headed for the dole queue come next GE as voters take off their heads

15 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Maybe the €uro dives, but the GBP a LOT faster. Look to some charts, about every bank published them.

In 1070 I travveled through the UK. Then the GBP was DM 11,82 (/2= € 5,91). When the UK was invited to join the €uro, € 1,70, around the referendum € 1,35 and .. last Friday... € 1,095. The pound… direction one ounce...

As has been pointed out elsewhere the EU isn't denying that Brexit will be bad for them. It's Brexiters who believe that ultimately the UK will be better off outside the EU than within. This defies common sense. Just as do those football fans you cited above.

Archived