Why Do We Bitch But Do Nothing?

BKKGIRL95

Ok this is my last post on this subject.

#1. If you don't like it leave comment would work for anything and accomplishes nothing. "Hey this is Afganistan if you don't like honor rapes leave!" see the argument doesn't hold water.

#2. I speak some Thai going to classes to speak more.

#3. I have a great apartment at the quite end of the soi it is not a tourist place really.

#5. I do not take standing taxis.

#6. The thread is not about taxis as much is it is about why people feel powerless and what can be done.

I do like Thailand and yes there are much bigger problems then my transportation but even you people can see this should not be allowed. It is one problem that could be easy to rectify. Simply have some form of quality control have" Falang" take taxis and rate the service or wear some type of recording device. I am not talking about the countries economics or social problems. I am talking about a small sevice industry that could be made better very easily.

I'm sure with your socio-economic experience you can easily rectify Thailands problems, thats why you came here right? as for 'farangs wearing some sort of recording device'? I take my mp3 player to work most mornings......

Personal appearance, confidence and general self confidence (not arrogance) and presentation all play major roles when dealing with anyone in Thailand.

Oh wise one, how is that going to help when the drivers don't wan't to go in a certain direction because of the traffic, or turn on their meters 'cos they know none of the others are, your golden rules didn't help me much when taking a taxi ride in Bangkok and the driver was going in the wrong direction and it took him 45 minutes to admit that he was and he was lost! A half hour journey that lasted two hours! :o

Simply have some form of quality control have" Falang" take taxis and rate the service or wear some type of recording device.

:D:D:D:D:bah:

JacknDanny, i'm just wondering how much time BKKGIRL95 has actualy spent in Asia. :o

Voice of reason thank you sir! Now what do we do about this driver? Who's job is it to see he is doing the right thing?

I never claimed to be able to solve socio-economic problems but I bet I can help with your reading comprehension :o

Can't complain about the taxis in Bangkok, they don't want to use the meters, fine, smile, close the door and leave, most likely they'll call you to come back and use it. Your problem is that Soi Nana is not really the best place to start bitching Thailand. As far as I'm concerned, Soi Nana and a good part of the Sukhumvit shouldn't be part of the kingdom as it's bringing ths country a bad name, same as Pattaya does.

Edited by alexth

Simply have some form of quality control have" Falang" take taxis and rate the service or wear some type of recording device.

:D:D:D:bah::bah:

JacknDanny, i'm just wondering how much time BKKGIRL95 has actualy spent in Asia. :o

Too long :D

Personal appearance, confidence and general self confidence (not arrogance) and presentation all play major roles when dealing with anyone in Thailand.

Oh wise one, how is that going to help when the drivers don't wan't to go in a certain direction because of the traffic, or turn on their meters 'cos they know none of the others are, your golden rules didn't help me much when taking a taxi ride in Bangkok and the driver was going in the wrong direction and it took him 45 minutes to admit that he was and he was lost! A half hour journey that lasted two hours! :o

If the journey is more than a short hop and you don't know the route yourself then always ascertain that your driver knows how to get to your desired destination.

As the saying goes : ' Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change, Courage to Change the things I can, and the Wisdom to Know the Difference.' This saying goes a long way with me when trying to cope with the things that piss me off when I in different culture with different values such as LOS.

Voice of reason thank you sir! Now what do we do about this driver? Who's job is it to see he is doing the right thing?

I never claimed to be able to solve socio-economic problems but I bet I can help with your reading comprehension :D

You little fibber you. :o

Ben seriously are you stupid? Not a mean question let me explain: #1. Why drive for a living if you so hate traffic jams? #2. How do I save 20 baht sitting in traffic 40 mins? Please explain maybe Im the stupid one?

#1 Nobody LIKES traffic jams

If your route is 4.125km travelling at 6.5km an hour the journey would take 40 minutes with a cost of 42 baht.

If the alternate route was 8km but travelling at 24km an hour. then the journey would take 20 minutes with a cost of 62 baht.

The acctual point of the post is this. If enough people have bad experienses, obviously here people love to be yelled at,ripped off, and genrally treated poorly, but if enough of us sane ones get together we could solve small problems. I hear a lot of the Elite Card holders threatened to sue and they got some level of satisfaction. Maybe if enough people here pressure who ever is in charge of the public transportation then all this would get a bit better. Imagine if people actually got together and tried to do some good instead of just give up and say," well the beer and women are cheap so what the heck."

I never claimed to be able to solve socio-economic problems but I bet I can help with your reading comprehension :o

Reading English at Cambridge did not present any significant problems for myself, yet my comprehension of the Thai Language still requires 'a little attention', to say the least. However, back on track to thte subject 'in-hand', I do hope and wish you negotiate a 'fair' price with the Taxi driver upon commencing your journey.... to the Airport. Good Luck.