12 month parental extension requirement

Did my second yearly parental extension immigration last week Was in and out in an hour. Easy as.

The IO called yesterday and said they required more information re my Australian parents names and how many people, and the names of the people living in my house. Is this standard procedure? I don't remember giving this information last year.

Unfortunately it´s almost irrelevant if it can be called standard procedure or not. A single IO have such big amount of discretion over the case they handle ,so if they ask for it you are almost always obligated to provide. Your choice is basically to provide the information asked for or risk a denied application of extension.

The information they asked for, does not seem to be so hard to provide either, so it seems like a very small problem. If a problem at all?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

The IO called yesterday and said they required more information re my Australian parents names and how many people, and the names of the people living in my house. Is this standard procedure?

It’s not unusual for an office to ask for additional information during the ‘consideration period’.

For a while Immigration were getting every extension applicant to fill out a Personal Information Form which included parents names. It’s probably to do with that.

Nothing to be concerned about in my opinion.

I just got another request for copies (photos) of every page of my passport. Send phone camera photos by LINE app. My passport is new so it was 3 pages of information and 42 blank pages.

To make matters worse when my IO transferred my current visa, stay until info to my new passport, they made a total dogs breakfast of it. Firstly she put the wrong stamp on it. Which she then put white out all over it and another stamp over the top and redid the information. You can imagine what that looks like. But wait theres more! When I got home I realised on top of the wrong stamp debacle, they filled out the wrong information on the other page 5555. Firstly put it as a retirement visa (its should have been a parental visa) and the stay until date was wrong. Absolute shocker. In the end got them to cross the whole thing out and do new. So now because of this they are questioning my new passport and I need to send every page of the old passport as well. The mistakes in my new passport info transfer were made by an officer at the IO I am dealing with now. If they are questioning it how am I going to go going to a new country or trying to re enter Thailand ???? It is a total mess and something that should never been done to such an important document as a passport

imagine this shit on top ...you are there will all papers, but they don't give you an extension, because you are divorcing and your vile ex-wife wants you out of the country, so they tell you: get a tourist visa and come extend this, because even you have all the needed papers to do an extension based on being a parent of a thai child, you will not get one ...

13 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I just got another request for copies (photos) of every page of my passport. Send phone camera photos by LINE app. My passport is new so it was 3 pages of information and 42 blank pages.

To make matters worse when my IO transferred my current visa, stay until info to my new passport, they made a total dogs breakfast of it. Firstly she put the wrong stamp on it. Which she then put white out all over it and another stamp over the top and redid the information. You can imagine what that looks like. But wait theres more! When I got home I realised on top of the wrong stamp debacle, they filled out the wrong information on the other page 5555. Firstly put it as a retirement visa (its should have been a parental visa) and the stay until date was wrong. Absolute shocker. In the end got them to cross the whole thing out and do new. So now because of this they are questioning my new passport and I need to send every page of the old passport as well. The mistakes in my new passport info transfer were made by an officer at the IO I am dealing with now. If they are questioning it how am I going to go going to a new country or trying to re enter Thailand ???? It is a total mess and something that should never been done to such an important document as a passport

Sounds like a mess. But having to provide copies of every page of your passport is a ‘normal’ request. It’s unlikely to be because of the messed up stamp.