TM30 penalties: visa renewals

17 minutes ago, Johnnie99 said:

Thank you. It will be at Chang Wattana. I shall cross my fingers.

You could tm30 as "possessor". This can be done in person or mail or online. Reports about trouble setting up online account but it many have had success. I'm doing it via mail and many successful reports for this method. You don't need anything from owner. Just your lease.

3 minutes ago, Johnnie99 said:

Thank you too. I am trying that as well ????

Forget to mention using mail the receipt is taking ~3 weeks. There are few threads about tm30 and outline what to include etc.

I'm including copy of lease, passport identity page, reentry permit, current entry stamp, tm6. 

Will do this after my last reentry before my next 12 month extension.

On 8/6/2019 at 3:30 PM, DrJack54 said:

Forget to mention using mail the receipt is taking ~3 weeks. There are few threads about tm30 and outline what to include etc.

I'm including copy of lease, passport identity page, reentry permit, current entry stamp, tm6. 

Will do this after my last reentry before my next 12 month extension.

What a load of ---------- about and for what do they require this

39 minutes ago, Almer said:

Can you outline that in English.

I outlined what is required to file tm30 via mail as possessor. Directed to the many that have trouble obtaining cooperation from owner to file and/or provide docs.

On 8/6/2019 at 3:19 PM, DrJack54 said:

You could tm30 as "possessor". This can be done in person or mail or online. Reports about trouble setting up online account but it many have had success. I'm doing it via mail and many successful reports for this method. You don't need anything from owner. Just your lease.

What happens if you don't have a lease? Eg. you live with your gf who stays in her relative's condo with no lease in place as they are family, and that relative is living overseas?

Edited by bbi1

2 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

What happens if you don't have a lease? Eg. you live with your gf who stays in her relative's place with no lease in place, and that relative is living overseas?

As per the immigration act, you and GF are the possessors/housemaster of the property

“House Master” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

As per the immigration act, you and GF are the possessors/housemaster of the property

“House Master” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever.

And how are "we" meant to report when there is no lease??? Based on the post above by DrJack54 he said: "You don't need anything from owner. Just your lease."

Edited by bbi1

4 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

And how are "we" meant to report when there is no lease??? Based on the post above by DrJack54 he said: "You don't need anything from owner. Just your lease."

So long as you have blue book details you can register for the online system as housemaster/possessor. The system will want bluebook and ID.

Or report at the office the same. Most offices just want the blue book . if local office wants a lease, download one and fill it in, they will look at it for 3.7 milliseconds and hand it back.

Edited by Peterw42

13 hours ago, Almer said:

I'd like to say it's because they want to show you who's boss, but deep down I don't believe that's true. Most likely, this law was put in place back at a time when Thailand was concerned about communism and insurgents and this seemed like a good idea until it was forgotten about......and then some high-up bureaucrat decided that it's a law on the books and it must be enforced and now we have this current absolutely ridiculous situation where the unintended consequences are causing all sorts of hassles and worries for foreigners that some are saying enough is enough, this is the straw that broke the camel's back!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Why someone will live in a place without blue book access or a lease.