Superyacht ablaze at the Ao Po Grand Marina in Phuket

webfact

3 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Well of course something you can not quote , how inconvenient. But hey just tell me the the date of the Bangkok post when it was published as the article I read in it gave no such details but perhaps I missed one.  Many thanks.

Today's online BP.  You're welcome.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, webfact said:

Responding firefighters discovered the “Lady D” was out of reach, as it had parked 500 metres beyond the furthest extremity of the port

So no marine firefighting vessel at the port then.. hmmmm

46 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Actually;

yacht
/jɒt/
noun

1. 1.
    a medium-sized sailing boat equipped for cruising or racing.
    •  

verb

1. 1.
    race or cruise in a yacht.

The Oxford English dictionary and Websters dictionary mention both sail and motor yachts.

I think these dictionaries have more credibility than the one you used.

5 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

The Oxford English dictionary and Websters dictionary mention both sail and motor yachts.

I assume you state that to dispute that you were wrong .  Or else you can not be bothered to quote anything.

Let me help you, something from the Oxford English dictionary you appear to have misplaced. By the way that is not the concise edition.

"a large sailing boat, often also with an engine and a place to sleep on board, used for pleasure trips and racing a yacht club/race a motor yacht a luxury yacht "

1. (Nautical Terms) a vessel propelled by sail or power, used esp for pleasure cruising, racing, etc

a : a sailboat used for racing
b : a large usually motor-driven craft used for pleasure cruising

As a person that works at sea, I know that there are motor yachts.
Try typing into Google Motor yachts.
You're wrong. Yacht is a pleasure craft that can be powered by sail, or, motor.

1 minute ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

1. (Nautical Terms) a vessel propelled by sail or power, used esp for pleasure cruising, racing, etc

a : a sailboat used for racing
b : a large usually motor-driven craft used for pleasure cruising

As a person that works at sea, I know that there are motor yachts.

And exactly what word are you quoting the meaning off ?   Nothing in your quote, (cut and pasted by the looks of it due to the changes in font ) , definitively describes it

Just now, geoffbezoz said:

And exactly what word are you quoting the meaning off ?   Nothing in your quote, (cut and pasted by the looks of it due to the changes in font ) , definitively describes it

Yes, cut and pasted from the two dictionaries. The search word I used was just YACHT.

15 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Yes, cut and pasted from the two dictionaries. The search word I used was just YACHT.

So your previous post;

1 hour ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

On 8/8/2019 at 2:52 AM, wendyfromoz said:

dont yachts have sails and are propelled by wind?

You are unable to support by factual direct quotes rather,  you use incorrect quotations.   Which means that Wendyfromooz statement, rather question,  was 100 % correct rather than your false quoting to suggest otherwise.  However enough of this stupidity. Yachts have sails and motor boats have motors and motor yachts have both sails and motors. End off.

American bastardisation of the term yacht still does not make it correct English.

13 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

So your previous post;

You are unable to support by factual direct quotes rather,  you use incorrect quotations.   Which means that Wendyfromooz statement, rather question,  was 100 % correct rather than your false quoting to suggest otherwise.  However enough of this stupidity. Yachts have sails and motor boats have motors and motor yachts have both sails and motors. End off.

American bastardisation of the term yacht still does not make it correct English.

You are soooooo wrong (and stubborn). Those cut and pastes are direct from dictionaries. How much more direct do you want?

Just type in to Google Motor Yachts for sale. Loads. You can't sell a non-existent item, now, can you?

Many of these vessels have M/Y in front of their names (just like SS used to mean Steam Ship). I'll let you guess what M/Y means, or, if you need a link.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_prefix

Just now, Joe Mcseismic said:

You are soooooo wrong.

Just type in to Google Motor Yachts for sale. Loads. You can't sell a non-existent item, now, can you?

Clearly you can not even remember your earlier post quoting dictionaries, now you suggest looking at Google ads , you for real or suffering from a debilitating memory loss.   I hope neither really and that you are just trolling , so appreciate your nonsense posts and would suggest that has given many of us a good laugh but please please don't not go any further by suggesting adverts provide proof of a dictionary meaning of a yacht., as that would suggest you are bickering also.

Just now, geoffbezoz said:

Clearly you can not even remember your earlier post quoting dictionaries, now you suggest looking at Google ads , you for real or suffering from a debilitating memory loss.   I hope neither really and that you are just trolling , so appreciate your nonsense posts and would suggest that has given many of us a good laugh but please please don't not go any further by suggesting adverts provide proof of a dictionary meaning of a yacht., as that would suggest you are bickering also.

OK, fine. Check the Wiki link.

4 minutes ago, alan grice said:

Why do School Teachers delight in making fools of themselves. Was your Royal Yacht Britania powered by Wind n String and a Crew with wet bums...We are Not Amused.!.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Excellent example......but, I bet he's sticking to his guns judging by the "sad" emoticon he just added to my post.

Some people, eh?

14 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I work on a yacht..

It's a motor yacht..

I have a yacht engineers ticket, it's a Y ticket..

This is the yacht I work on..

No dictionary required ????

images (2).jpeg

Not a good pic, it's a bit hard to see your yacht behind the "White Rabbit"

18 hours ago, alan grice said:

So Carlos you are well aware that S.V. Whatever. Is the way Sailboats announce themself on entering Port. emoji569.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Don't know, we are M/Y White Rabbit when entering port.. That's Motor Yacht ????

Archived