US resident...Need advice here.

I have never been denied, but I am fearful of next time. 

For 2019 I have been here for one visit of 32 days...got a 30 day and a 30 day extension for that visit. 

Currently on a 90 day visa I got in Hawaii. It is a Non O, and 90 days because my Thai GF was there with me...otherwise it would have been 60. 

This expires Oct 20...which leaves about 70 days left in the year...over what appears to be over the 180 days they are targeting. 

I plan on making a visa run, or a trip out of the country around Oct 15...

I make an entry around Oct 20ish. Would like to stay as long as I can....suggestions?

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Thai gf with you and you got a non o 90 day?

Non O based on what? Thai gf

I am not sure....but she said if I had a Thai sponsor I could go from a sixty to a 90 day visa. It is a one time entry...she had to present her passport as well. 

Remember we were in the US at a small embassy office, not here in Thailand. 

1 hour ago, Nathan N said:

I am not sure....but she said if I had a Thai sponsor I could go from a sixty to a 90 day visa. It is a one time entry...she had to present her passport as well. 

Remember we were in the US at a small embassy office, not here in Thailand. 

Yes, AU used to have visa think 90 day to visit someone in los. However that was stopped many years back. Was not aware USA provided what you now have. 

Back to your OP....

Have you used your 2 visa exempt border entries per calendar year. If not you can used them and extend each one by 30 days. That's 4 months for a start which takes you into 2020. 

Think with any setv your at that stage best to obtain at border and enter via land. Denied at bkk airports has been happening for folk with repeat visas and visa exempt with shortish time out of los.

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes, AU used to have visa think 90 day to visit someone in los. However that was stopped many years back. Was not aware USA provided what you now have. 

Back to your OP....

Have you used your 2 visa exempt border entries per calendar year. If not you can used them and extend each one by 30 days. That's 4 months for a start which takes you into 2020. 

Think with any setv your at that stage best to obtain at border and enter via land. Denied at bkk airports has been happening for folk with repeat visas and visa exempt with shortish time out of los.

I have only used one....then I got the 90 day. 

I plan on flying somewhere for a short weekend. Last thing I want is to be turned away. I have seen the stories about being denied, that is why I am asking. 

Now last year I did at least four trips here, but they were short...like ten days each. And that was last year.

i would like to try to get another 60 day, but I think I have to go back to the states for that. 

Best land crossing? 

I have only used one....then I got the 90 day. 

I plan on flying somewhere for a short weekend. Last thing I want is to be turned away. I have seen the stories about being denied, that is why I am asking. 

Now last year I did at least four trips here, but they were short...like ten days each. And that was last year.

i would like to try to get another 60 day, but I think I have to go back to the states for that. 

Best land crossing? 

Personally think you will be OK because of some short stays. The thing is to fly into los with a setv is best before the visa exempts at border. The big problem for people with extended history of stay in los then entering via air from far away countries such as USA. Flying into bkk from say Saigon even with a setv and being denied is far less of a problem flying in from UK or USA etc. 

You say you need go back to USA for the 60 day? Don't follow that. You can obtain setv anywhere outside los. 

As for border crossings I like Vientiane because I'm a fan of Udon Thani and flights from there to bkk good.

For setv (depending on your detailed history) I love Saigon. Good consulate. Very few people and Bui Vien district 1 is a ripper for all ages. Being USA you need visa but do it online. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thai gf with you and you got a non o 90 day?

Non O based on what? Thai gf

No. The official Non O reason is "visit Thai family and friends". Today, policy is almost always to restrict this to close Thai family only. The Hawaii consulate used their discretion to issue a single entry Non O based on the wider interpretation. They must have liked him!

The unofficial 180 day guideline probably only applies to tourist entries (though, like any unofficial rule, it is open to interpretation). I do not think the OP will have a problem.

You should be able to get a single entry tourist visa at some local consulates. Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur would likely give you one. My recommendation, though, would be to apply in Yangon.

3 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Get married and extend 60 days. After that you go to Savannakhet and get a 1 year Non-O Multiple Entry. No probs.

Get married...? That gets my vote for worst advise to enable stay in los. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

It  really depends on them, not all marriages are bad. If they are ready then its OK. Don't judge others by your past failures.

Divorce is not a "failure" some would say success story. The op was asking about ways to remain in los. He may of well posted..

How long can I remain here without having to get married.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

It  really depends on them, not all marriages are bad. If they are ready then its OK. Don't judge others by your past failures.

And you should not believe everybody have past failures because ......... experience.

I get really tired of people that takes things for granted. What do you know about me?

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Divorce is not a "failure" some would say success story. The op was asking about ways to remain in los. He may of well posted..

How long can I remain here without having to get married.

Up to the IO´s mood of the day.

Enjoying the rants. I am not looking to get married as of yet. A few years in LOS as the relationship matures. Marriage would be a trip back to the US. Looking to stay here for the next two years or so off and on without getting the airport boot. 

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You say you need go back to USA for the 60 day? Don't follow that. You can obtain setv anywhere outside los. 

As for border crossings I like Vientiane because I'm a fan of Udon Thani and flights from there to bkk good.

For setv (depending on your detailed history) I love Saigon. Good consulate. Very few people and Bui Vien district 1 is a ripper for all ages. Being USA you need visa but do it online. 

Thanks for this. That is what I was looking for Doctor.