UK pensions life certificate

2 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Of course you can't......

.... and I can't see the point of wasting 500 Baht on a postie that is just doing his job. I suppose you tip Thai Immigration as well ?

Giving the Postman a 500THB at new year,has been a very good investment ,

as always get my mail,saved money not having to go to P.O. to collect parcels,

that could not be delivered,so i spent 500 THB and with at least 10 parcels I did

not have to go to P.O. for,and you still cannot see my point,what's wrong with you,

economics just one of the subjects you are not well versed in.but a 100 % in posting

stupid replies.come on back with more stupid remarks,

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1
1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

Giving the Postman a 500THB at new year,has been a very good investment ,

as always get my mail,saved money not having to go to P.O. to collect parcels,

that could not be delivered,so i spent 500 THB and with at least 10 parcels I did

not have to go to P.O. for,and you still cannot see my point,what's wrong with you,

economics just one of the subjects you are not well versed in.but a 100 % in posting

stupid replies.come on back with more stupid remarks,

regards Worgeordie

Stupid is as stupid does.

You miss the point (unsurprisingly) you don't need to give the postman 500 Baht to receive a decent service. It is their job to deliver the parcels !!

Good investment ???....... You Muppet.

• Like 1
Just now, Jip99 said:

Stupid is as stupid does.

You miss the point (unsurprisingly) you don't need to give the postman 500 Baht to receive a decent service. It is their job to deliver the parcels !!

Good investment ???....... You Muppet.

Well a lot of people would disagree about getting a decent service,

and I just knew you would come back with another stupid reply,

then getting personal with the Muppet remark,just shows you have

lost the debate.come on make a bigger fool of yourself with another

really,really stupid reply.

regards Worgeordie

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

Well a lot of people would disagree about getting a decent service,

and I just knew you would come back with another stupid reply,

then getting personal with the Muppet remark,just shows you have

lost the debate.come on make a bigger fool of yourself with another

really,really stupid reply.

regards Worgeordie

I have no need to respond.

The only fool here is a fool who thinks a 500 Baht donation to a postman is either a 'good investment' or secures better service in Thailand.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

I have no need to respond.

The only fool here is a fool who thinks a 500 Baht donation to a postman is either a 'good investment' or secures better service in Thailand.

I have explained quite simply,how it works for me,and you just don't get it,

the 500 THB has saved me at least 10 trips to the P.O. to collect parcels,that

could not be delivered,because nobody home,the post office is 5-6 Km away

so that at least 10 Km round trip,waiting in line,I have much better things to do

with my time.

"I have no need to respond"  but you did..........says it all.

regards worgeordie

OK this is a good post for me as I have not heard about this before and I have a year before I get my UK state pension and like to be prepared. I want to ask

who is eligible to countersign the form? Would the village chief be OK? I am in a small village and can't think of many other options.

Where can I download a copy of this form to see what's involved?

Interestingly I have a private pension that's been paid now for over 15 years and I have never seen such a form from them. I have another private one starting soon so can I expect these forms to start at some point?

Finally I am non resident in the UK 8 years but have paid tax every year. Legally, do I have to give them my Thai address when the pensions start or can I use the correspondence address I have been using since I left the UK?

Thanks

36 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I have explained quite simply,how it works for me,and you just don't get it,

the 500 THB has saved me at least 10 trips to the P.O. to collect parcels,that

could not be delivered,because nobody home,the post office is 5-6 Km away

so that at least 10 Km round trip,waiting in line,I have much better things to do

with my time.

"I have no need to respond"  but you did..........says it all.

regards worgeordie

... and you are still running on..... like a broken record.

You have leaned nothing of Thai culture if you think giving a postie 500 Baht gives better service  -  with Thais it simply raises the level of expectation.

Many times we are not in, we have the arrangement with the postman (post lady now) that she leaves parcels with a relative. We don't pay extra for it - it benefits both parties.

Now, if you said that out of the goodness of your heart you make a gift of 500 Baht each year to your postman (without the expectation of anything in return), I would say great, that's up to you where you choose to donate your money.

48 minutes ago, Saltire said:

who is eligible to countersign the form? Would the village chief be OK? I am in a small village and can't think of many other options.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/463191/Life_Certificate_Witness_Options.pdf

Note that you can also be retired from the occupations mentioned, retired Civil Servants and Bank Managers are two a penny here, many of whom will be happy to sign for a beer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 8/9/2019 at 4:43 PM, pennine said:

I've had 2 so far. The main problem is that UK Pensions office don't seem to have email or airmail yet and the letter takes about 12 weeks to arrive, but requests a reply within 8 weeks of posting.

It's 16 weeks...

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

You are required to give them the actual address where you're living, not a correspondence address.

Being honest will mean that your pension will be frozen at the rate you first receive it, some people choose to flout this law, in the hope of getting a higher pension, some get caught, some don't. A friend of mine was recently caught, and his daughter, whose address he used, is being investigated, as is he, has to be your choice. 

Glad you posted that, members here in the past did not believe me when I posted I knew a few who had been caught claiming their pension/benefits using a UK address.....

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

... and you are still running on..... like a broken record.

You have leaned nothing of Thai culture if you think giving a postie 500 Baht gives better service  -  with Thais it simply raises the level of expectation.

Many times we are not in, we have the arrangement with the postman (post lady now) that she leaves parcels with a relative. We don't pay extra for it - it benefits both parties.

Now, if you said that out of the goodness of your heart you make a gift of 500 Baht each year to your postman (without the expectation of anything in return),

Yes it does give better service,I have explained that too you many times already,

don't have relative nearby to have anything delivered to,so worth it.

I am pleased to give him 500 Thb,and very satisfied with his service,i also give the 

the guy who delivers our bottled water ,twice a week,has to carry the crates

quite far,gives excellent service,500 Thb every new year,out of the goodness

of my heart, " I would say great, that's up to you where you choose to donate your money."

Also donate to hill tribe schools,orphanages, also if i see a beggar on the street

who looks down on his luck,give to him, its called Karma,and life has been very 

good to me.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Yes it does give better service,I have explained that too you many times already,

don't have relative nearby to have anything delivered to,so worth it.

I am pleased to give him 500 Thb,and very satisfied with his service,i also give the 

the guy who delivers our bottled water ,twice a week,has to carry the crates

quite far,gives excellent service,500 Thb every new year,out of the goodness

of my heart, " I would say great, that's up to you where you choose to donate your money."

Also donate to hill tribe schools,orphanages, also if i see a beggar on the street

who looks down on his luck,give to him, its called Karma,and life has been very 

good to me.

regards Worgeordie

Whatever works........I am all for a peaceful life....

Tam dee, dai dee is a guiding principle for me.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/463191/Life_Certificate_Witness_Options.pdf

Note that you can also be retired from the occupations mentioned, retired Civil Servants and Bank Managers are two a penny here, many of whom will be happy to sign for a beer.

Thanks, I would still struggle to find one on that list who lives near me and who knows me personally! If the village chief is not eligible, I would need to try my bank who are ok with my extension letters etc. 

15 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Thanks, I would still struggle to find one on that list who lives near me and who knows me personally! If the village chief is not eligible, I would need to try my bank who are ok with my extension letters etc. 

I have used Doctor,dentist,lawyer and man who owns chemist shop,

bank should be ok if they do it for you ,make sure they put their

stamp (chop) on,makes it look more official.

regards Worgeordie

• Thanks 1
On 8/9/2019 at 8:57 AM, wgdanson said:

You get them 'cos you told them you live in Thailand. If you were still registered in UK, you would not.

Wrong, they sent one to my old address in UK and because i didnt reply they stopped my pension

• Like 2
On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 6:58 PM, Letseng said:

This life cert. comes every 2 yrs in my case, around about February. You can call them if you suspect you didn't get one. They will tell you what the case is. If you didn't receive it, you can arrange one by email. But they will not automatically email this form.

Certification cost me 4000 THB by a legal office in Bkk. Maybe there are cheaper options. If they stopped your pension due to missing cert. they back pay quickly. I always received helpful and friendky service from DHS.

My Thai bank Kasikhorn does mine they don't charge. Might be worth looking at. They only sign it and stamp.

5 hours ago, Saltire said:

OK this is a good post for me as I have not heard about this before and I have a year before I get my UK state pension and like to be prepared. I want to ask

Where can I download a copy of this form to see what's involved?

Interestingly I have a private pension that's been paid now for over 15 years and I have never seen such a form from them. I have another private one starting soon so can I expect these forms to start at some point?

Finally I am non resident in the UK 8 years but have paid tax every year. Legally, do I have to give them my Thai address when the pensions start or can I use the correspondence address I have been using since I left the UK?

Thanks

Apparently Thais are very reluctant (maybe not allowed to) to stamp a form for you and sign, especially as they won't understand what they are signing. Banks certainly can't do it. Probably any farang in your region that has a business can do it for you, may cost a beer.

• Confused 1
3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Sorry to hear that. I have been retired 6 years and never had one...YET.

It just depends. I have been getting the state pension 7 years and not had one from them I have 2 other small pensions that have been going 13 years and one sent out a certificate after 10 years.

They sent it by registered post to my UK address to be signed for by the addressee, the postman returned it and the pension was stopped. I rung them up the day after the pension was due and it was sorted on the phone, paid within a couple of days.

• Like 1

Had a similar problem a month after my 65 th, full amount paid within 3 days. Bangkok Bank would not sign eventually found a neighbour with a local society stamp. Wrote email explaining difficulty in finding a stamp, nice reply saying that they know the problem exists overseas and are not so much bothered with stamp but are more interested with the signature and contact of an English-speaking person.

On 8/11/2019 at 11:51 AM, Saltire said:

Anyone have a link to an example of this form?

See attachment (a PDF scan of the form DWP sent me a year ago with my NI number redacted).

On 8/11/2019 at 3:02 PM, cooked said:

Apparently Thais are very reluctant (maybe not allowed to) to stamp a form for you and sign, especially as they won't understand what they are signing.

Not helped, of course, by the fact that DWP, for their own inscrutable reasons, steadfastly refuse to provide us with a version of the form in Thai - whereas they are, on the other hand, more than happy to oblige in the case of a whole raft of other, considerably more obscure (in some cases) languages!

Specimen.pdf

• Thanks 1