Kid with a pot on his head instead of a helmet amuses Thailand

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand was in stitches after pictures of a boy wearing a pot with handles instead of a helmet were shared widely across social media. 

I remember once seeing a baby with a banana leaf on his head instead of a hat....can't remember now if we who seen it were all in stitches or not. Maybe the rest of Thailand was though if somebody posted a pic. of it ?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Vacuum said:

The main cause is that they can't drive safely.

PS. Note the lack of mirrors.

Edit. And no number plate on the bike.

And 3 persons on one bike, driving license???, underage??? The lqck of other safety features such as a protective jacket, ditto pqnts, ditto gloves and footwear....

41 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I saw a guy riding around South Pattaya with a steel collander on his head a while back. Quite practical actually, the holes let the air flow through and keep his bonce nice and cool.

He might end up as a vegetable if he had an accident and strain his brains through the holes too.

5 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

But they will never have an accident as they are all wearing the obligatory amulets.

Not just a Thai/Buddhist thing though. Years ago a 14 year old female student used to come to school on her motorcycle not wearing a helmet. Her rationale for doing this was that "God was protecting her so she didn't need a helmet". Her family were American missionaries.

This guy is deathproof

amulet-featured.jpg

I think the Police treating this incident as fun gives the kids completely the wrong I impression of what is required of them. They’ll take nothing away from this except it’s ok to do wrong, I don’t need mirrors or license it’s just one big joke. Failure all round.

1 hour ago, friendphil said:

Well, I guess that says it all.  ????

By the way--- what happened to Thaivisa's old selection of emojis?  There were some great emojis, wonderful emojis, unique emojis, very useful emojis.  Now they seem to have been supplanted by the usual ilk. ????

They are still there, the category is "Default" HTH :stoner:

Community service as penalty clean the roads and pressure hose down the sidewalks, help garbage collection and dig some new plots for trees its free labour for the municipality if they just knew how other nations worked and did some travelling they would get these ideas but sadly they are just aliens to everyone. Its really sad

6 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

But they will never have an accident as they are all wearing the obligatory amulets.

Not just a Thai/Buddhist thing though. Years ago a 14 year old female student used to come to school on her motorcycle not wearing a helmet. Her rationale for doing this was that "God was protecting her so she didn't need a helmet". Her family were American missionaries.

And when I was first in Saudi car insurance was prohibited as it 'preempted the will of god'

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Rather than the officer: "I rest stew for not wearing a proper helmet."

It's Irish Stew. I-rish stew in the name of the law. Its how the Garda nick criminals.

Not usually made in a hat though.

Well at least they only need to fine two guys, one of them is wearing a helmet ????

Not sure whether donating a helmet is a good idea. He has already a bag in the front basket - no space left where a helmet could be stored.

The parents don't care, the schools don't care, the police don't care. So neither do I. If they want to make a joke about road safety - everything has to be sanuk in Thailand, doesn't it - then let them. The utter stupidity of so many people in this country is way off the scale, even among those who are supposed to be responsible, and that is why no-one cares.

I am just over the moon that the whole of Thailand and the Thais in general find this so amusing, I just hope that we don't have to read next week or soon after that the moronic plod let them off with a smile and a wave had to go and attend an accident scene when they ended up under the wheels of a 10 wheeler truck or anything else for that matter.

When is this country ever gonna get serious with the blatant flouting of traffics laws and regulations, those imbecile cops should be hauled in front of their superior told to hand in their uniforms and set free to go & play with the traffic on a motorway somewhere, sheesh this country is so chuffin backwards at times.

And before some of you want to berate me & and my exasperated attitude ask a few members on here who have been screwed by stupid cops when the indigenous population run into the back of/ side of / front of stationary vehicles and the 3 morons reported on here yesterday or the day before that drove into the side of a Fortuner. 

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

I have seen guys riding around with a rickety strapless construction safety hard hat, had the pot was a teflon coated one and had a strap, it would have passed for a helmet for sure... and in a case of an accident, the only item that will be undamaged will be the pot...

The pot probably gives better protection......Apart from the handle which would probably decapitate him.

7 hours ago, Cadbury said:

This sort of stuff certainly brings out the child in them. Not a thought about the seriousness of the matter.

Yes, I agree with you.  But.  When in Rome, do as the Romans do...   And I give the cops credit for having some humor about it and not jacking the poor kid up!  

Archived