3 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

The government mingling with unjailed convict:

Black Panther Verdict: Premchai Sentenced to 16 Months in Jail

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

March 19, 2019 10:48 am

khaosodenglish.com

My thoughts as well - thanks!

21 hours ago, Cadbury said:

If anyone was to worry it would be his disgustingly rich elite friends who have given him instructions to protect and grow their wealth.

Bit like UK politics then.  Whats the problem?.  Don't you think you better off here than UK?

9 minutes ago, howzat said:

Bit like UK politics then.  Whats the problem?.  Don't you think you better off here than UK?

What is this nonsense you talk? What has the UK and it's crumbling politics got to do with Prayut telling everybody he staying on as Prime Minister??...............Keep to the topic. 

Both presumptuous and impertinent of you to assume I am a resident of the UK. Never been there and never want to go.

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

Don’t worry Uncle. Prayut will be finish before next 2 year.

sure.

Many thing happen now. 

wishful thinking... unfortunately not easy to remove these type of rulers (I didn't say government)

21 hours ago, webfact said:

When Prayut said on Thursday that he would take sole responsibility, it had triggered speculation that he would resign, raising the possibility of political instability

come on people, you do really think he would do something that good and resign...., nope, never

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Opponents said Prayut failed to state during the oath-taking that he would protect and comply with the provisions of the Constitution when he led his Cabinet members to be sworn in before the King.

how can he swear an oath to something he has no intentions to comply with. He was supposed to do it again and ask the kings forgiveness for his mistake, did he do it ???

11 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

wishful thinking... unfortunately not easy to remove these type of rulers (I didn't say government)

Maybe just wishful but there is talk of political infighting. Maybe there are a few jostling for position to become the new Napoleon. 

It seems General Apirat (retired) is comfortable having sit-down interviews with Reuters as if he were a spokesman for the government and goes on the speak at length about fake news. How Reuters is expected to know his news is not part of the fake news is a matter of wonderment.

Possibly a replacement for the ailing Prawit or does Aspirat have aspirat(ions) for bigger things?

“I hereby affirm that I’ll do my duty to my best because I remain the prime minister here and won’t go anywhere. Don’t worry,” Prayut said.

Please go to Montenegro, get a passport and never come back. Nobody likes you here. 

On 8/9/2019 at 9:54 AM, colinneil said:

Prayut vows to continue,screwing up the country, as there is nobody who dares to challenge him.

… and if you do, you dont try twice ...

6 hours ago, Srikcir said:

If this doesn't go to the Constitutional Court, consider Prayut's continuation as PM essentially another coup against the constitution and Thai People's sovereignty.

When it's up to a nation's leader to decide when to leave office, that's a place without democracy.

It's called a dictatorship

3 hours ago, taxin said:

I’m still amazed that 90% of Thai people know exactly why he will be remaining PM, and exactly who has passed down the order for him to stay PM, yet near enough all TV for members have no idea.

Is it because of someone protected by a no free speech law

20 hours ago, worgeordie said:

He will take some shifting,a would be dictator ?

regards Worgeordie

"would be"? I'd say it's a certainty, not a dream. He cemented that long ago. Bravo!!!

On 8/9/2019 at 2:35 PM, webfact said:

Opponents said Prayut failed to state during the oath-taking that he would protect and comply with the provisions of the Constitution

Forgotten last week:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1116425-ombudsman-accepts-for-consideration-pm’s-oath-taking-controversy/?utm_source=newsletter-20190807-1245&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

• Thailand’s ombudsman has accepted for consideration a petition from Mr. Srisuwan Janya, secretary-general of the Thai Constitution Protection Association, regarding Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s alleged incomplete recital of an oath in the swearing-in ceremony before His Majesty the King last month.
  • Mr. Raksagecha Chaechai, secretary-general of the Ombudsman’s Office had instructed legal affairs officials of the Ombudsman’s Office to look into the facts of the matter and related legal aspects and to submit their findings to the ombudsman for consideration.

Remember that in March The Ombudsman ruled that Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha is not a government official, and therefore may run as a candidate for Prime Minister. The current Ombudsmen are in office for the grace of the Prayut junta. So an even-handed ruling may not be possible.

Archived