Pink ID card for foreigner with name in Blue house book

8 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Here is one.I have PR and a pink card.It's not useless but it's not yet accepted to the extent one can happily not hold passport or DL in reserve.It will eventually be reliable everywhere but don't be deceived by those making exaggerated claims for its acceptability.

I only speak from my own experience.

18 minutes ago, sumrit said:

I remember discussing your problem with you on another thread a while back. If I remember, your problem had something to do with moving house since acquiring both your yellow book and pink card so they didn't tally with your current address when you were applying for your new licence.

It's a word of warning to people that, when they move house (permanently) they must go to to the new Amphur and get a new yellow book and ID card to be able to use them for 'official' purposes.

I never had a problem. They just never wanted to even look at my pink card, saying it was no good.

They accepted my yellow book, from another province, as proof of address. A different one to what is on my DL, btw.

The asked for my passport, which is also different from the one on my DL.

Just my experience, but I've had no problem at all with a yellow book from another province. I have to show my address every 6 years when renewing my DL. 

15 minutes ago, jayboy said:

15 minutes ago, jayboy said:

but don't be deceived by those making exaggerated claims for its acceptability.

Well said. 

Basically it's proof that you have a yellow house book, which doesn't actually mean much too.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I never had a problem. They just never wanted to even look at my pink card, saying it was no good.

They accepted my yellow book, from another province, as proof of address. A different one to what is on my DL, btw.

The asked for my passport, which is also different from the one on my DL.

Just my experience, but I've had no problem at all with a yellow book from another province. I have to show my address every 6 years when renewing my DL. 

OK, sorry if if didn't remember it correctly. Did you ask why your ID card was 'no good'?

I've renewed my licence twice using just my pink ID card and yellow book. My Driving Licence has actually got my Thai ID number on it and not my Passport number in the ID number section. Exactly the same as a Thai National has.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sumrit said:

OK, sorry if if didn't remember it correctly. Did you ask why your ID card was 'no good'?

I've renewed my licence twice using just my pink ID card and yellow book. My Driving Licence has actually got my Thai ID number on it and not my Passport number in the ID number section. Exactly the same as a Thai National has.

As we all know there's no inconsistency from one office/official to the next.

I'm guessing from your avatar you're in Chonburi where you maybe renewed your licence?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bluesofa said:

As we all know there's no inconsistency from one office/official to the next.

I'm guessing from your avatar you're in Chonburi where you maybe renewed your licence?

Yes. Very straight forward. That's in Chonburi the city, not Pattaya. 

Edited by sumrit

30 minutes ago, sumrit said:

Yes. Very straight forward. That's in Chonburi the city, not Pattaya. 

OK, thanks.

I live in Udon, I'll have to wait until next year to see if it's the same for me. I have read about some posters who have had no problem, while others have been refused outright when presenting their yellow housebook.

10 hours ago, sumrit said:

It simply depends on where in Thailand you're staying. In many provinces the pink ID-card is totally useless. 

On 8/12/2019 at 10:40 PM, Max69xl said:

It simply depends on where in Thailand you're staying. In many provinces the pink ID-card is totally useless. 

Yet the pinko is fully acceptable once translated for a new British passport as proof of address n Thailand go figure eh.

When I use it it does the job. 

I use it for many things as yet none have ever been refused. So I am happy with it.

I don't use it to try and get a few bht of getting into a park or stuff like that why should I I'm not Thai. Have enough money to pay the little extra.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fourpack said:

Yet the pinko is fully acceptable once translated for a new British passport as proof of address n Thailand go figure eh.

When I use it it does the job. 

I use it for many things as yet none have ever been refused. So I am happy with it.

I don't use it to try and get a few bht of getting into a park or stuff like that why should I I'm not Thai. Have enough money to pay the little extra.

I never realised it was acceptable for a UK passport. Good to know for me in ten year's time!