Thais borrow early and get trapped in a cycle of debt

webfact

15 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Seems  like im the last generation not to  fall into the "stupidity trap"  of borrowing when saving for something before  buying it, which made it  all the more enjoyable when you finally  got it.

I  dont like borrowing for ANY reason and  after 18 yrs  old never  did except £15k for a  house back in the mid 1990's and even then the bank was reluctant ot lend such a small  amount.

People seem to think everythings  easy these  days, life  really IS  too easy, they all need a  good  kick to let them see it isnt.

I think the same but a lot of rich peoples don't.

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Seems  like im the last generation not to  fall into the "stupidity trap"  of borrowing when saving for something before  buying it, which made it  all the more enjoyable when you finally  got it.

I  dont like borrowing for ANY reason and  after 18 yrs  old never  did except £15k for a  house back in the mid 1990's and even then the bank was reluctant ot lend such a small  amount.

People seem to think everythings  easy these  days, life  really IS  too easy, they all need a  good  kick to let them see it isnt.

me too, got a mortgage for 28,500 in 2001.  Saw at least 20 terrible drivers on my soi, likely owing more than that On their empty trucks.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

From my own observations.

A Thai person wants to borrow 10,000 Bt.

Interest is 5% per month.

The mindset is "I only have to pay 500 Bt a month", which is easily do-able.

There is no thought whatsoever about paying back the principle.

Which is 60% per year simple interest for these loan sharks, something the Thai government is attempting to stop

• Like 2