Pattaya jam packed for the holidays, reports Thai media

webfact

Pattaya jam packed for the holidays, reports Thai media

6pm2.jpg

Picture: Sophon

Sophon reported on Facebook that Pattaya was heaving with Thai and foreign tourists on Monday, the culmination of the long holiday weekend. 

68519257_2570956886258563_318670106458587136_n.jpg

Reporters in Jomtien found many tourists with lots of people on mats they had brought with them and spread out - cheaper and more convenient than paying to sit down on vendors' deckchairs. 

Despite this they reported that various vendors and operators were doing a brisk business. 

6pm1.jpg

They also reported that traffic throughout the resort and on Sukhumvit Road in particular was very heavy especially towards evening when people started to head back towards Bangkok and the provinces.

Traffic was particularly bad at the South Pattaya intersection, they said, where lane restrictions were in operation due to cable burying work currently being undertaken by the electric authority. 

Source: Sophon Cable TV

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-13

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Jammed with cars, beach looks  deserted.

Since there was heavy rain early afternoon that is hardly surprising. 

Probably all heading to T21.

45 minutes ago, Orac said:

Since there was heavy rain early afternoon that is hardly surprising. 

Probably all heading to T21.

Thats what amazes me they drive all the way from Bangkok and then go and visit the exact same shopping Malls they have in Bangkok ????

Thais descend here at JOMTIEN BEACH saturdays and Sundays, just a normal thing like in the UK taking the family to the seaside for the day, all the ones i see bring their own food even cooking on the back of a pick up, they wont be buying expensive beach food  and sit on the pavement, eating, drinking, getting pissed until the early hour then drive home. not see hardly any tourists, rest of the week , forget it. i love it ha ha

1 hour ago, keith101 said:

By looking at the photos I would say about 90% + Thai tourists and very few foreigners .

Same demographics for a holiday weekend as they have been for the past 30+ years then ???? 

2 hours ago, nev said:

Thats what amazes me they drive all the way from Bangkok and then go and visit the exact same shopping Malls they have in Bangkok ????

Terminal 21 has a plane, is bigger and doesn't have a book store. Very different.

The owners are brilliant. Busiest malls. Should build one in CM.

28 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Terminal 21 has a plane, is bigger and doesn't have a book store. Very different.

The owners are brilliant. Busiest malls. Should build one in CM.

Up here in Khonkaen T21 has a big plot put aside for a T21.

Been a few years just sitting there waiting I hope they do it soon.

2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Is that top pic' recent ? only I don't see many Indians .. and only a couple of weeks ago they were gonna be riding to the rescue and save Patt's .. 

I thought I could see Tonto and the Lone Ranger galloping into shot there, scaring away the Indians.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

the only ones who did well

were 7-11 stores and street sellers 

even weekend markets were empty 

I went to Harbor Mall on Sunday  and while not "packed"  it was doing  ok  they have expanded upon the "kids activities"

lots of Thai families there.

P_20190811_145447.thumb.jpg.4c934f48e2359cf6158cb7aa530dc993.jpg

21 minutes ago, johng said:

I went to Harbor Mall on Sunday  and while not "packed"  it was doing  ok  they have expanded upon the "kids activities"

lots of Thai families there.

P_20190811_145447.thumb.jpg.4c934f48e2359cf6158cb7aa530dc993.jpg

Sure, if you consider handful of people as doing ok ????

Archived