Deputy chief of anti-graft body caught concealing assets

snoop1130

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

What about the taxman does he ever get involved in cases like this,

not only corruption ,but he wont have paid taxes on it either.

regards worgeordie

The Tax Man is probably his business partner. 

I am sure that the top Thais have nothing to worry about and if that is the case they should be able to declare ALL their assets, it would be a good lead if the Government would be the first to declare to the population all their assets in an effort to encourage others to come forward, transparency and rooting out corruption is what the PM has been about for the last 6 years, time for a time check on how he is doing, I think he is doing a great job.

2 hours ago, HeyHeyHey said:

Over 300 million in undeclared assets that they found out - so like half a billion or a billion in total?

Why not call it a day and enjoy life of the money you stole from mostly poor, hardworking people?

It's not enough? What's the end goal?

He could invest it in an ETF and live forever in the luxury hotels in Maledives, eat kobu steaks in New York etc.

But no no no, I no have enough!

Like The Hotel California, you can check in any time you like...

Calling it a day is the equivalent of putting a target on your back.

The thing that I ask is not only: How did he get found out, but also, WHY did he get found out.

If this "investiagtion" was across the board at NACC, they must have found loads more in the same boat.

My guess is that he peed someone off and they dobbed him in.

4 hours ago, HeyHeyHey said:

Over 300 million in undeclared assets that they found out - so like half a billion or a billion in total?

Why not call it a day and enjoy life of the money you stole from mostly poor, hardworking people?

It's not enough? What's the end goal?

He could invest it in an ETF and live forever in the luxury hotels in Maledives, eat kobu steaks in New York etc.

But no no no, I no have enough!

"Avarice and greed will keep you drifting over the endless sea". World Party.

38 minutes ago, PhilAtUbon said:

The thing that I ask is not only: How did he get found out, but also, WHY did he get found out.

If this "investiagtion" was across the board at NACC, they must have found loads more in the same boat.

My guess is that he peed someone off and they dobbed him in.

Yea, it must have been a joke about inbreeding or something like that.

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Who is this 'they'?  "They" are all at it, so nobody is in a position to do anything. 

"...nobody is in a position to do anything".

That is apparently not the case...

"The deputy chief of the National Counter Corruption Commission (NCCC) has been indicted for allegedly concealing his assets..."

4 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

...because he already knows where he is going to be next week. In London.

Read it again, you've got the wrong person!  The one who is not concerned about the defamation suit is not the one with the London property who is being indicted for not declaring his assets!

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

No, B300m, that is what the report said, not 500m, not 1bn, any more is just your unsubstantiated speculation

It's only logical to imagine that whatever has been identified might not be all there is. Law enforcement would be having similar unsubstantiated speculation. 

3 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

It's only logical to imagine that whatever has been identified might not be all there is. Law enforcement would be having similar unsubstantiated speculation. 

Two words 

Unsubstantiated speculation

Evidence is only allowed in a court of law

11 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

What chance is there for the country, when you have a <deleted> like this as deputy chief of counter corruption commission ?

Agree. It is well known in Thailand, among Thais, that corruption is viewed favorably by most Thais, as long as

1. there are caps on how much any single person can benefit and 

2. they themselves benefit 

This guy who is being indicted has almost certainly run afoul of the wrong person. It is not likely that he is being prosecuted on merit or account of the law. 

I would not be surprised if national investigations found more than 95% of Thais in positions of power to be corrupt. 

It just slipped my mind. You know how it gets when one has so many properties around the country and the world? Trying to remember them all.... And everyone has the same problem, so the public understands. So sorry, it won't happen,
again, promise. Next...

Will be interesting to hear the real reason for him beinf pulled up. Call me cynical if you will be there is ni chance he has been fingered because of undisclosed wealth. He must be suspected of or done something wrong. Perhaps links found to anti Government side.. will be good knowing the full story if ever.

11 hours ago, Reigntax said:

The NCCC are just as corrupt as the rest.

Yes, I often forget about my 200 million Baht flat in London also

My first friend in Thailand purchased a 1 million baht townhouse outside of Surat Thani.

She worked very freaking hard to earn this money and has paid the house off and given title to her adult children. I'm damn proud of this girl and her accomplishment.

Thus, when I read stories such as this (OP), my mind immediately equates the value of this "flat" in London to be equal to 200 (two freaking hundred) houses like my friend's. What a corrupt, greedy, slimy, trough-feeding pig he is.

Archived