Deputy chief of anti-graft body caught concealing assets

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

Your opinions about your friends is no doubt better informed than mine would be about your friends.

However, we would never really know how incorruptible they are unless we could somehow test the assertion. 

It's no secret that Thailand is pervasively corrupt and that the positive societal attitude toward corruption encourages it. We are then left to set our own expectations. 

I expect all but a very small percentage to deny corrupt opportunities if given the chance. 

Up to you.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with all the comments above but before we go all high and mighty. Which is entirely justified. Ever wonder why your Embassies and Consulates are annoyingly disinterested and unwilling to support you in Thailand? Why Consuls work so hard for so little in return? Just €1100 per annum. I read an interesting article from Transparency International about diplomatic corruption and the secretive Diplomatic Passports and Bags. This went some way to answer many questions I had.

Graft always starts and is hidden by the top elite.. This is most likely only the tip of the iceberg, and I'm sure there are many others hiding their offshore undeclared wealth from scrutineers.. 

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

I will hold my breathe until the public prosecutors decide to indict him and after he received sentencing and lock up in jail for a long time. This is after all Thailand, land of amazing judiciary political expediency and allegiance.  

I am guessing yr funeral is being held by now due to lack of oxygen

The wealthy Thais who have (or are) in positions to grab corrupt monies do not think it is very bad.

Have a guess at the "extra income" a Police Commissioner in a tourist area supplements his monthly income by ???

It's par for the course

20 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

What chance is there for the country, when you have a <deleted> like this as deputy chief of counter corruption commission ?

None. Particularly when reading his response, quote:

"The NCCC secretary-general said he was not concerned by the lawsuit and was ready to fight the case in court".

Why is he not concerned? Because the other snouts in the trough will ensure he escapes scrutiny. 

All of the snouts, I mean................

19 hours ago, taninthai said:

I thought I had done well with my flat in London worth 15 million bht,,work and saved for years to get that and its still on a mortgage.....

Oh, I'm sure that he "grafted" for many years to raise the money to buy it.

6 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Stupidity in its finest art. The Deputy Chief gets caught over the very issue he is supposed to prevent. 

How about the rest of the flock? Sheep usually don't graze alone, do they? 

Same with cockroaches usually more than one

Archived