UK plans to end EU freedom of movement immediately in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

1 hour ago, NightSky said:

As long as I'm allowed back to live with my Thai wife when I want to I have no issues with it.

Although I fear that as a British tax payer even now whilst living abroad, never taken anything out and only 'put into the system',  I fear things might get much tougher if I want to take my wife to my home country to stay longer than 6 months thats if she doesn't have a degree and doesn't speak excellent English or have 65k GBP to support herself and if she has a pre existing health condition..

Whats your view on it?

Can't see any reason where a wife should be given any more barriers to staying in the UK, the already substantial criteria excludes them from claiming benefits etc. The amount of time you have been married should also have some bearing on quickly issuing indefinite leave to stay in the UK. (there has to be some safeguards against insincere operators, but there can surely be some provision for those married for a short time).

Perhaps they should ask businesses to post a £62500 guarantee bond for each imported worker!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JingerBen said:

Prepare for some tit-for-tat retaliation.

Only right for arrangements to be reciprocal.

Do you think I will feel sorry for any vote lever having to shell out nearly a hundred quid for a visa for every family member just for two weeks on the Costa del Sol??? ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Good. How people can complain in a forum within Thailand that people have to prove their worth to stay here, why the complaints. The UK has long been a soft touch for others to stay, get work when its own citizens can't bring their family and loved ones into the UK on similar terms.

I agree with Boris. long overdue. No doubt the liberal lefties will be up in arms. How dare the Government put UK people first.

How many Brits live in Spain and France?Bye bye.After your friend Donald bought Greenland you can retire there,nice clean air and beaches

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2