Majority of Britons say any Brexit deal should be put to referendum - poll

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

I see you and Cleopatra2 are tag teaming me. You rely on Spideys cristal ball too much, it is not wise coming out with such profound statements when you don't have a clue. 

Have you got a link to your prediction of 65% to 35% or are you just trolling.

You mean like you and nauseous tag team me. Or Loiner and Laughing gravy? Anyway at least nauseous likes most of my posts, he's always giving me smiley faces....or is he just using them to troll people? 555

What is Spidey's crystal ball? I've googled it and found nothing. Do tell.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Cameron promised that and then quickly exited stage left. We are about to get it out of the way, be patient.

Soon (very soon) we will have a new government, new PM and a confirmatory vote, which will kick the old referendum into touch. New confirmatory vote trumps 3 year old referendum.

In your dreams, Danny boy.

12 hours ago, smedly said:

you do realise that only 12% of UK trade is with the EU

and I'm going to guess you are from Scotland - how much of Scotland trade is within the UK 

there are some stupid arguments from all sides but one thing is for sure - the UK has an opportunity to increase trade while the EU doesn't

if they want to play hardball then we are up for it, make your cars in the UK or we will impose high tariffs 

who wins - everybody wins if a sensible trade deal is sorted out after we leave 

I am in 100% support of a trade deal with our EU partners but that is not what this is about, it is about a dangerous power hungry kabal in Brussels that the UK people have rejected, we don't want any part of it

We? the only time the British government takes any notice of the plebs is when it's ballot box time after you have swallowed their lies, that's the only time you 'have your country'. So pay your council tax, accept fracking, embrace homelessness as normal, zero hour jobs are good for you as is universal credit, oh it's going to be a brave new world after brexit because the UK government has said that they won't demolish workers rights that the EU has put in place and we won't have to abide by all these pesky environment laws after all, London can remain the atmospheric cesspit that it always was.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

We? the only time the British government takes any notice of the plebs is when it's ballot box time after you have swallowed their lies, that's the only time you 'have your country'. So pay your council tax, accept fracking, embrace homelessness as normal, zero hour jobs are good for you as is universal credit, oh it's going to be a brave new world after brexit because the UK government has said that they won't demolish workers rights that the EU has put in place and we won't have to abide by all these pesky environment laws after all, London can remain the atmospheric cesspit that it always was.

Jeremy Corbyn didn't have much faith in the EU workers rights.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, <deleted> dasterdly said:

And thank you for yet another remain poster basing their post on insults against those with a different opinion....

Wrong. Read the original which I was responding to

"Or are you not "intelligent" enough to work out that 52 is a higher number than 48?" 

I did not mention Brexiteers at all in this context, I said TV posters.

I was simply responding in kind.

2 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Have another beer on me - and I'll happily throw in a box of tissues if that'll cheer you up!

Thank you, I would do, but the doctor told me I had already had enough for two lifetimes! You may need the tissues yourself, if I do need them I think I can just afford them at the current exchange rate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Perhaps we should divide the UK into two halves, Leavers and Remainers and let industry and commerce choose which half they wish to reside in.

So the Remainers could all chose if the want to go and live in Scotland or London? Isn’t that where they already are?
Better just lose both bastions of Remainerism off to a far flung corner of federal Europe.

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

And the winners don't want one because they know that they will be the losers.

Quite correct ... their fear of a second referendum, based on the known facts, is at the heart of most comments. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Loiner said:

So the Remainers could all chose if the want to go and live in Scotland or London? Isn’t that where they already are?
Better just lose both bastions of Remainerism off to a far flung corner of federal Europe.

If the UK was to create two nations, split by remain and leave voting areas, the remain economic area would be the powerhouse ... and the leaver area would be an economic wasteland, full of numpties, wastrels and old age pensioners. 

The sad truth is that leaver areas are packed full of life's losers.

Edited by AlexRich

This is just the same old stuff over and over again, with the same arguments regurgitated.  The media just keep stirring the pot.

According to the Daily Mail (Ha!Ha!) his trip to Berlin was a triumph!  After his meeting today with Macron, I wonder what the headline will be tomorrow.  It's boring beyond belief!

53 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

This is just the same old stuff over and over again, with the same arguments regurgitated.  The media just keep stirring the pot.

According to the Daily Mail (Ha!Ha!) his trip to Berlin was a triumph!  After his meeting today with Macron, I wonder what the headline will be tomorrow.  It's boring beyond belief!

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

If the UK was to create two nations, split by remain and leave voting areas, the remain economic area would be the powerhouse ... and the leaver area would be an economic wasteland, full of numpties, wastrels and old age pensioners. 

The sad truth is that leaver areas are packed full of life's losers.

What a horrible thing to say.

• Haha 1