Nine-minute miss costs CP Bt290-billion project

snoop1130

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, cnx355 said:

Amazing that CP a corporation worth billions can not plan to have the documents delivered before the deadline.

Why do they have to wait. ? Is here a way to find out the content of others submission bids and modify their offer at the last minute ?

Otherwise, 24 hours before would be a safe bet .

The other commenter is correct, its a common norm in the construction industry here to submit their bid documents on the last day. Otherwise, you're giving your competitor a chance to adjust their final offered price. And how would the other party know the other bidders' amount? Your guess is as good as mine :) 

19 hours ago, anterian said:

Everyone knows the traffic situation in Bangkok and plans accordingly.

Thais cannot even be punctual for the benefit of Bt-290 billion! Just like 5-year olds...

I am not Thai, but if I have an appointment on the other side of town, I plan ahead. Even if I have to travel 2 hours in Bangkok's notorious traffic, I am hardly ever late. Usually I am 'right on time', or a few minutes early. All possible by thinking ahead and planning your time...

2 hours ago, Jun2x said:

The other commenter is correct, its a common norm in the construction industry here to submit their bid documents on the last day. Otherwise, you're giving your competitor a chance to adjust their final offered price. And how would the other party know the other bidders' amount? Your guess is as good as mine ????

I'm assuming it was a "sealed bid" in which case someone should have been in the proper office to submit the bid exactly at the closing time.   That eliminates a competitor from adjusting his bid.

Major cock up here, I'd say.

On 8/22/2019 at 12:33 AM, Tapster said:

That's 9.5 billion USD!!!

If it was worth that much, you'd think they might get it in the day before!

????

Had to be confirmed the correct brown envelope had been delivered first?

On 8/21/2019 at 9:33 PM, Tapster said:

That's 9.5 billion USD!!!

If it was worth that much, you'd think they might get it in the day before!

????

But, don't you know who we are - so what is the problem? 

13 hours ago, watcharacters said:

I'm assuming it was a "sealed bid" in which case someone should have been in the proper office to submit the bid exactly at the closing time.   That eliminates a competitor from adjusting his bid.

Major cock up here, I'd say.

How do you adjust a sealed bid, but guess this is Thailand and anything is possible. 

On 8/21/2019 at 8:48 PM, snoop1130 said:

The court heard a testimony from the five petitioners representing Thana Holding Joint Venture Co Ltd and four affiliates that they had missed the 3-pm deadline for the formal submission of bidding documents by a mere nine minutes due to traffic congestion.

We ARE in Thailand! Or had they somehow managed to overlook that fact?

Archived