Pattaya: Walking Street bustling!

webfact

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, mikey00 said:

Mate I just went through Manila immigration and asked the the lady for a couple of her sultanas she was eating, she laughs and gives them to me. Just a sall difference in reception between the two countries

I'm going to try that next week.

4 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Who needs us once you have them !

So, it would take 400 Indians to sell 100 beers, or, about 10 westerners to sell 100 beers, but in a bar, not a 7/11. 

TAT's marketing is Thai Economic 101.  ????

1 hour ago, mikey00 said:

Mate I just went through Manila immigration and asked the the lady for a couple of her sultanas she was eating, she laughs and gives them to me. Just a sall difference in reception between the two countries

LOS is not an acronym for "Land Of Sultanas."  ????????

25 minutes ago, wisperone said:

And he calls that fun and interesting? Seems like a waste of time and life.

The video is evidence of a very busy, bustling Walking St with a wide variety of people enjoying themselves.  How can that be a waste of time for people on holiday who wish to go out in the evening, for strolling, eating  drinking and sight seeing? Its fun for most people except some depressed curmudgeons.

4 hours ago, Howiehotspur said:

I live within 5 min of walking street , yes jammed packed as usual , with mainly Indians and chinese , just walking , up and down .. 

you can sit in a bar and see the same people go past maybe 5-6 times .... one things for sure they are NOT spending any money period ....    they obviously take the term as it’s stated ‘ walking street ‘ .. 

The Indians go to their own big clubs. There are over ten on WS. As for walking in Walking St. Its perfectly normal. Promenading is the term in Europe. You do not know where they have been before or where they are going next. You dont know where they have eaten or where or when they have spent money. People walk up and down walking st  people watching, looking at street performers,  checking restaurants and music bar and generally soaking up the action and energy. It does not represent the totality of their Thailand experience. I have seen Chinese tour buses  at all the major temples around Pattaya and increasingly see Chinese in Shops  Restaurants and even GG bars. They spend loads of money but not in the white western way. As is evidenced in the video I posted which is irrefutable evidence of what you say is incorrect.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I was there Wednesday!!!

No seats in Pinups, Bliss quite busy. 

As is often the case Walking St busy with looky-loos, but that is okay. The popular GGBs were as ever doing okay, the weak ones not busy. Cracking time for a night out, they are keen to get your baht!

You are correct.  The good GGs with attractive girls, scantily glad with modest bar fines are busy and successful.  Electric Blue, The Windmill,  Heavens Above etc.  I prefer Pattaya in the low season for getting about in the traffic.  In the high season parts of Pattaya are overwhelming. 

25 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

The video is evidence of a very busy, bustling Walking St with a wide variety of people enjoying themselves.  How can that be a waste of time for people on holiday who wish to go out in the evening, for strolling, eating  drinking and sight seeing? Its fun for most people except some depressed curmudgeons.

Exactly!

It is the adult version of taking the kids to a zoo. They will surely enjoy themselves.

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

So, it would take 400 Indians to sell 100 beers, or, about 10 westerners to sell 100 beers, but in a bar, not a 7/11. 

TAT's marketing is Thai Economic 101.  ????

I wouldn’t be surprised if their ratio for girls is also 4-1.

Yup, mainly "gawkers" not spending a penny. The venues are trying to survive as best they can, also it's evident that too many Chinese & Indians wish to look inside these venues for free, but that been knocked on the head by the "500 baht" entry tokens which entitle you to a drink, plus a lady drink & company for one hour. Definitely a struggle to survive for most businesses in WS there's no doubt about that ............ gone are the days when tourists from Europe flashed their money around like millionaires for a month. Soi Bukhaow has definitely taken over for europeans & expats ..... think Walking Street will eventually disappear all together.

7 hours ago, Howiehotspur said:

I live within 5 min of walking street , yes jammed packed as usual , with mainly Indians and chinese , just walking , up and down .. 

you can sit in a bar and see the same people go past maybe 5-6 times .... one things for sure they are NOT spending any money period ....    they obviously take the term as it’s stated ‘ walking street ‘ .. 

might have to change the name to "Wanking Street" ????

10 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

4 India , 1 beer .. But beer bottle was chuffed to be in the W/S group pic' .. 

IMG_20190823_073144.jpg

4 India, 1 beer, looking for 1 Thai lady needed for cheap fun in their shared room while 4 more India guy in same room anxiously waiting, sharing their 1 beer....

why can't white people understand?

Chinese and Indians go to places set up for them. Chinese tourists outspend all other tourist in Thailand.  

Indians go to clubs and dance and do things completely different than old white whore mongers. 

They don't want to be anywhere near you.

52 minutes ago, Daveyh said:

Yup, mainly "gawkers" not spending a penny. The venues are trying to survive as best they can, also it's evident that too many Chinese & Indians wish to look inside these venues for free, but that been knocked on the head by the "500 baht" entry tokens which entitle you to a drink, plus a lady drink & company for one hour. Definitely a struggle to survive for most businesses in WS there's no doubt about that ............ gone are the days when tourists from Europe flashed their money around like millionaires for a month. Soi Bukhaow has definitely taken over for europeans & expats ..... think Walking Street will eventually disappear all together.

ah, a real connoisseur (or a real connaisseur as the French would say).

57 minutes ago, Daveyh said:

If you view the video i uploaded you will see you are wrong in every respect.

14 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Friday night, good time to be banging on the terminal! Heh. 

What does that mean?

58 minutes ago, Daveyh said:

If you view the video i uploaded you will see you are wrong in every respect.

I am posting on a friday night at 19.00 because I am in Belgium, bored, and recovering from a stroke - but soon I will be back in Thailand "living the life" (as some poster said).

And you, ncc, what is your excuse for posting at 24.00 hours in Thailand?

49 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

why can't white people understand?

Chinese and Indians go to places set up for them. Chinese tourists outspend all other tourist in Thailand.  

Indians go to clubs and dance and do things completely different than old white whore mongers. 

They don't want to be anywhere near you.

At the moment I'm some 950 miles from Pattaya and I can smell the jealousy from the superfluous, yesterdays news, farangs from here. The Chinese and Indians could buy and sell them in a heartbeat.

And the Thais know that. ????

Archived