Can A Farang On Retirement Extension Get Mortgage In Thai Bank?

2 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

THANKS...I GUESS IT HELPS THAT YOU ARE FROM UK

I  have no idea if that is important. I guess you can come from any country if you were able to provide the necessary details regarding income etc

The mortgage was taken out in 2005.  Perhaps they have tightened rules since then. 

I had to provide details of my income stream which had to come directly from the income provided to the bank, actually bypassing me. The bank would not except copies from me but wanted directly from the income stream provider In Uk as full confirmation 

9 minutes ago, musiclover said:

I  have no idea if that is important. I guess you can come from any country if you were able to provide the necessary details regarding income etc

The mortgage was taken out in 2005.  Perhaps they have tightened rules since then. 

I had to provide details of my income stream which had to come directly from the income provided to the bank, actually bypassing me. The bank would not except copies from me but wanted directly from the income stream provider In Uk as full confirmation 

SO the bank wanted the income stream documents, but not the income itself streamed

into your thai bank account?

that is interesting...

and yes, rest assured that coming from the UK helped a lot.

they would never give mortgage to indian / malasian, because they

know those are micky mouse countries...

5 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

SO the bank wanted the income stream documents, but not the income itself streamed

into your thai bank account?

Yes....and I wouldn’t have agreed that either...they just wanted direct proof of income....provided from UK source

5 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

that is interesting...

and yes, rest assured that coming from the UK helped a lot.

they would never give mortgage to indian / malasian, because they

know those are micky mouse countries...