Corbyn 'will do everything necessary' to stop no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

4 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You still seem to believe surveys. Do you not remember all those surveys and predictions that the referendum result, would be a huge victory for remain. You still haven't learned.

Strangely enough most people do believe in Polls/surveys up to a point, subject to poll size, confidence intervals etc. They have been proved broadly correct for as long as they have been used. Those using dodgy data like Radmussen in the US have become a laughing stock. By the nature of statistics there will always be the occasional outlier. However please don't kid yourself with your "Huge victory for remain" fantasy, the polls were actually quite close, look at this poll data from the month before the referendum. Green means leave predicted to win, red means remain predicted to win. You will see a couple of poll outliers, one going each way.imageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857f

So the poll I posted might be out by +/- 2% that means 21% to 25% actually support a hard Brexit. (I've included it again to save backtracking through old posts.)

No deal Brexit is actually in danger of competing with rats vomit for popularity among ordinary folk in the UK, however popular it might be with old white males on TV.  I guess it's rather embarrassing.

Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 18.30.50.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 13.07.01.png

Edited by Nigel Garvie

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

1 Full control of our military assets.

2 Full control of our borders.

3 Full control of UK law.

4 Full control of our economy.

5 Full control of our trading arrangements.

Good that you didn't mention democracy...

I wonder: how does respect for democracy go together with suspending parliament?”

Think about ????????????

8 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

I wonder: how does respect for democracy go together with suspending parliament?”

Think about ????????????

3 years ago we had a binding referendum on leaving the EU the "peoples vote"was to leave,the reason for possibly suspending parliament would be as a means to carry out the vote of a DEMOCRATIC election in which the electorate voted to LEAVE,hope that cleared up any misunderstandings about "peoples vote" and "democracy"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Johnson, and his advisers, are now formally asking HMQ to suspend parliament.

This is their big gamble. May gambled she could use the Royal Prerogative to push a deal acceptable to herself through and lost. Johnson and his team think they've found a way to by-pass parliament and run the clock down. 

Every politician must drag themselves out of the cesspit and vote this small gang of elitist Tory far right brigands out through a no confidence vote. Otherwise a precedent will be set by which any sitting PM could do the same to push through or stop opposition to any legislation or events he/she fancies.

This Tory clique is dragging HMQ into politics which may well back-fire on them.

As much as I despise Corbyn and his marxist terrorist supporting cronies, we need them to put the countries interests first and not their own agenda.

This constitutional crisis is now bigger than Brexit and leaving or remaining. It's a small group trying to thwart British democracy. 

you think it,ll be bad when we leave the eu,god help us all if corbyn gets in,hes done more u turns than an uber driver with a broken sat-nav.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

1. Was never in contention. 

2. Never lost them and would always retain them. 

3. UK law still holds precedent unless in directly conflicts against agreed EU law, which in turn hasn't done anything other than help the people. Name an EU law that you think has directly impacted you negatively? 

4. Always had it. Always will. 

5, so you can get a worse deal than being part of the largest trading block in the world? 

Its number 2 though isn’t it?

Whatever you think, it's all of them. 

22 minutes ago, kingdong said:

3 years ago we had a binding referendum on leaving the EU the "peoples vote"was to leave,the reason for possibly suspending parliament would be as a means to carry out the vote of a DEMOCRATIC election in which the electorate voted to LEAVE,hope that cleared up any misunderstandings about "peoples vote" and "democracy"

False on a very important count.  We had a non-binding referendum.  

• Like 2

Just now, nauseus said:

How does respect for democracy go together with ignoring the referendum result?

You mixed up two different things unfortunately. 

The referendum is an advice how the govt should go on. 

But decisions are made by parliament. 

If you don't respect parliament where is the difference to any communist or totalitarian country? ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

Think about ????????????

Never  mind   respect  for  democracy  until  you  define what is  represented as democracy. Is democracy  defined  as  representative  of  the  consensus  of  properly  informed criteria  or is it  the result  of  deficient  or  even contrived  absence of  criteria  on which any consensus  is  sought?

Brexit  was  never an expectation of  the  condescension of putting the question.

That it was devoid of the involved  complexities  presented by the event of a positive for exit by the  virtue  of which appealed  to a slim majority has been  argued  as  a prevailing  reason to proceed with that initial  vote  in defiance  of the  call for a  secondary  vote in light of  more informed  opinion. Which  should  prevail?  The principle  of  a  non  binding  opinion  or  the genuosity  of  a second more  informed  opinion?

What  is  democracy ?

I  agree. People should  think. But  fat  chance  when people  are  trained  to  be sheep.

Edited by Dumbastheycome

57 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

You mixed up two different things unfortunately. 

The referendum is an advice how the govt should go on. 

But decisions are made by parliament. 

If you don't respect parliament where is the difference to any communist or totalitarian country? ????

Both part of our allowed democratic system.

If you don't respect the referendum result is there any difference to any kind of banana regime?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

At present I got this image in my head of Brits with bananas in their hands and trying to behave like monkies. And on top you got a vodoo priest dancing around a brexit tree. 

But don't worry, you'll get over it. 

"If you don't respect the referendum result is there any difference to any kind of banana regime?"

For what you need a parliament if the mob can rule the country???? 

Ridiculous ! Do you see this? ????

Your image...so I will get over it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1