Your favored movie.

olfu

Yes, people in Hong Kong trying to start revolution and old fart like me start topic

like your favored movie and so it goes.

In a meantime my favored English movie is by Derek Ford with title "Diversions" and I bet

most of you never seen it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, mamypoko said:

It changes from minute to minute, but this minute it's Hunger

just got a flashback from your ID name, mamypoko, best 4 years of my life, every 3 days trip to big c for my 2 little darlings for mamypoko 5555, god bless mate

"Cat Balue"

As I was an active alcoholic at the time it came out...and being a young man...I was blown away by it. I identified so closely with it.

The two lines I loved the most. No.1/ Was when the people who employed him ( Kid Charlene) to protect their boss, brought him (blind drunk) into the parlour room to show him the body of the dead boss laid out in a coffin with all the lighted candles around him...He looked at the set up through drunken eyes....and started singing ..."Happy Birthday to you"... No.2/ Was when his friends were reading out his life story to him and were at the part where he was riding alongside a train to rob it...he look at them full of excitement and asked..."What happened next".

Seen it 6 times in a row.

Mine is "Goodfellas". It is a great example of what happens when some people think they can grab money without working. In the beginning all is well - power, money, and good times, but by the end the wiseguys have to look over their shoulders every minute of the day to avoid violence. 

Well cast, well directed and I understand quite accurate in covering the life of Henry Hill. The events in the story are altered due to time limits in a movie. According to the book "Wise Guys", the movie did not even touch on all of Henry's businesses, such as rigging college basketball games.

1 hour ago, jastheace said:

just got a flashback from your ID name, mamypoko, best 4 years of my life, every 3 days trip to big c for my 2 little darlings for mamypoko 5555, god bless mate

Just wait until THEY are buying them for YOU !    LOL

1 hour ago, jingjai9 said:

Mine is "Goodfellas". It is a great example of what happens when some people think they can grab money without working. In the beginning all is well - power, money, and good times, but by the end the wiseguys have to look over their shoulders every minute of the day to avoid violence. 

Well cast, well directed and I understand quite accurate in covering the life of Henry Hill. The events in the story are altered due to time limits in a movie. According to the book "Wise Guys", the movie did not even touch on all of Henry's businesses, such as rigging college basketball games.

That's one of the few films that I would give a 10 out of 10 rating for if I was doing a review on IMDB and Ice Cold in Alex is another.

So many...the most disturbing movies I ever saw were One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and They Shoot Horses, Don't They?

As a kid, The Sound of Music enthralled me; as a mature old fart, Avatar, hand's down. ????

Archived