School drama! We didn't pay 120 baht "hush money" over boy's haircut, says director

webfact

School drama! We didn't pay 120 baht "hush money" over boy's haircut, says director

3pm.jpg

A school director in Khon Kaen in north eastern Thailand has denied that hush money was paid to a boy after a teacher lopped off some hair on his forehead revealing a scar on his head. 

Pictures of the M1 child went viral on social media as they showed a big bump on the boy's head after his fringe was cut. 

And it was claimed that the poor child who lives with his grandparents after his parents split up was paid 120 baht to keep the matter quiet. 

The director of the school has set up a committee of inquiry that will report its findings within seven days.

He said that the relatives had come in and were not making a big deal of what happened. 

The teacher cut the boy's hair in front, he said, as he wanted him to get a haircut to conform with school regulations. 

This was just a warning but the cut fringe revealed a bulbous scar that the boy has had since a scalding incident when he was two years old. 

The teacher claimed he knew nothing of that. 

He said that he gave the boy 120 baht to get a haircut and it was not hush money.

Thaivisa notes that a student haircut in the countryside is likely to be about 30-50 baht. 

School mates of all levels in the school have rallied round the boy and the school itself have allowed him to wear a cap until his hair grows back. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-28

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Maybe the teacher should take a look at human rights, instead of the little silly schools regulations.

Thailand... teacher... human rights. This opens the door to a long running comedy session.

• Haha 2

The teacher cut the boy's hair in front, he said, as he wanted him to get a haircut to conform with school regulations. 

Again, such an insanity! Something similar had happened to our son when a teacher cut off a lot of hair that made him look strange.

I wrote a letter to the teacher and gave it to my son and it never happened again.

I wrote that I'd go to see him in person and shave his hair off, the same way he did to our son.

From that time on always a nice Wai coming from him and a fake smile. And he never did it again. 

It's time that parents have a meeting when such things happen and immediately go to see the director of the place to confront him/her with it.

Unfortunately, are too many parents afraid of causing any inconvenience for Khun Kru Baa. 

Most of the time, it's not even about too long hair, it's just a perverted guy who gets a kick out of his own weird behaviour. 

The good old small pen_s syndrome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JMSIII said:

Oh yeah, that sure looks like an honest attempt to trim the kids hair.   That teacher should be fired.  What a piece of....   Disgusting that the teacher then lies about what he did.

It's not supposed to be an honest attempt to trim the boys hair, it's designed to force him to get the rest of his hair cut.

• Haha 1

The psychological impact on the boy is quite obviously not a subject. 

"The director of the school has set up a committee of inquiry" - this committee cannot be unbiased yet should fire the director first, followed by a lifelong ban of the teacher in charge. Latter should be named and pictured and the boy should receive an official apology from the teacher and the director in front of the entire school. 

But yes, that explains partly, why the Thais think their education system is the best on the planet - keep up the good work ???? 

• Like 1

I'm going to be honest, I don't have kids but I know if I did and someone cut my kids hair randomly, I would show up at the school the next day with my own pair of clippers  and do the same to the teacher in front of the students.  If I get deported?  <deleted> it, plenty of places to live.  My child would have a better education in my home country anyways.  Furthermore, if I wanted to stay in Asia, currently, there's much better options than Thailand.  So <deleted> them. 

I'd be sure it was blasted all over Thai social media first as soon as I left (has to be after I left, I'd hate to get caught up in the ridiculous slander laws here, you know, the truth being slander if it makes you look bad).  I'd be blacklisted anyways, right?  Eventually the blacklist may be lifted if enough drama comes out, the teacher may be fired or at least "relocated" to another school and he/she (especially if it's a she) will have to face the stigma of what they've done by A) Everyone recognizing them B) Everyone recognizing their haircut and C) Being lambasted for quite a while for their treatment of a minor.  So, <deleted> them.  

Edited by JeffreyO

19 hours ago, webfact said:

director of the school has set up a committee of inquiry that will report its findings within seven days.

Set up a committee? Seven days? Oh boy, that's a major investigation to do in just seen days! ????

9 minutes ago, colinneil said:

The school director has set up a committee just so he can shirk his duty.

It is the directors job to sort out this mess, he wants a committee to relieve him of the problem.

Yes, there's two schools of thought on this.

1. A committee should be set up to look into the matter and ensure impartiality.

2. A committee can absolve the director of responsibility should they make an error and it comes back to bite them on the bum.

• Like 1