How can you forget your 90 days report ?

Forgetting is easier than you think.

I am on a retirement extension of stay and am usually out of Thailand ever 6-8 weeks traveling. For that reason, I had not been required to file a 90-day report since February 2015. My last trip out of Thailand was to Malaysia for Songkran and I returned on 21 April. My 90-day report would be due around 20 July. My friends and I planned to get together about 8 weeks after my return but decided rather than meet in Malaysia, they would come to Bangkok for a visit. It wasn't until about a month after the reporting date that I was reading a post about TM30s when someone mentioned 90-day reports. Suddenly the light came on and I grabbed the passport to check. Yes, I was late. Went to immigration the next day to report and pay up. Lesson learned. Every time I return to Thailand I add the reporting date in the calendar even if I am sure I am going to be out again before the reporting date.

David

In 2015 i returned in July. I new my 90 day report was in November. I did not have a worry in the world. In October I was reading a post about a person doing his 90 day report. He had returned in July. All of a sudden I thought that was when I returned. I then checked my passport and thought you f......g idiot. I then had to drive from my home to Chiang Rai Immigration about 210 kms return  to do my 90 day report. It took 2 minutes after I arrived to complete it.  I was 6 days over. The local IOs had big smiles on their faces.

So some people do forget and I fall into that category.

Thankyou ThaiVisa for saving me a fine 

Being a bit deaf I dont carry or use a phone. Its may come as a surprise but its still possible to have a life without a modern mobile. I missed a 90 day quite simply because I made the 400kms round trip to my Chiang Mai Immigration office and spent 2 days there applying for my extension. Then 4 weeks later I made the trip again to collect the new 11 month extension. Deliriously happy with this victory I had forgotten that my 90 day ran out somewhere just after this second trip and no-one in the IO mentioned it.  I suppose dealing with Immigration it was easy to forget I needed to deal with Immigration over yet another issue.

When I had my O-A visa, I simply bought a cheap diary from one of the many stationary outlets and carefully worked out my 80-day appointments beforehand, writing them down in the diary. Of course, I'd check my diary every now and again, making sure that when I was coming close to my appointment date that I was aware and well prepared. I never missed a date in my entire 2 years long stay. It all depends on how organized the individual is, or otherwise how dependant they are on others sorting out their lives for them. My advice would be don't be over reliant on others and keep a careful track of your own affairs.

Edited by Senior Player