going to Bangkok for the day ?

45 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Kind of like painting the Forth bridge... you'll never finish queueing

It's annoying,but it depends on the Immigration office. At some offices 15 min and then maybe the worst case scenario, CW Immigration in BKK.

5 hours ago, edwardflory said:

Sorry typo...TM-28....but I did identify the form as  "( change of address )"

BTW, I have know of some offices that substitute a TM-47 for a TM-28.

Then i assume you also never heard of anybody submitting form TM27

17 hours ago, Bigstef said:

What if he go for dinner time and come back early morning so let's say 14 hours,and he can prove it with ?...

When the Hotel filed his TM30 that hotel is now the place where he is staying and is registered as such in the database of the IO.  So even if he leaves 1 hour after check-in to return to his home-address he needs to file a TM30 from his home-address as that is then the new place where he is staying.  He has 24 hours to do this after his return (but that's of course difficult to check as traveling time needs to be taken into account).   

15 hours ago, Wake Up said:

Don’t intend to be rude but if you worry about this and lost this stuff you should not be here. Get real. This TVF is full of paranoid BS. We left that in the western world. 

I am not paranoid but try to comply with the laws of the country where I am residing.  Of course I acknowledge that complying with this particular law is not easy - a grave understatement - and requires an enormous amount of energy both from those who have to comply and the IO that needs to follow it up.

Hence my advice to register on-line for TM30 reporting, because once that's done it only takes 2-3 minutes to update your TM30 when arriving back home after a trip.

Alternatively you could also just ignore the whole TM30 stuff and pay the max 2000 bath fine when going for your annual extension of stay.

Edited by Peter Denis
new info

Not sure yet what to think about this explanation of TM30 and TM 28 by Phuket Immigration.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/right-on-time- phuket-immigration-explain-tm30-and-tm28-requirements-for-reporting-foreigners-72693.php#SSYK6vR4YDEiDycT.97

The good news > Foreigners will not be held accountable if their landlord did not report a TM30, and that will not jeopardize their extension of stay.

The bad news > Instead of TM30, according to Phuket Immigration the foreigner needs to file a TM28 within 24 hours after returning to his home-address.  I presume and hope that's a mistake, because that would mean that each time you return from a trip to your home-address both a TM30 (by the landlord) and a TM28 (by the foreigner) need to be reported, which contain the same information.

Edited by Peter Denis
inaccurate rendering of actual info

On 8/29/2019 at 12:35 PM, Tanoshi said:

The problem is a hotel will file a new TM30 notifying he's in Bangkok.

And he  could  well leave and not stay there overnight, checking out before  midnight, I'd  love to see how they'd  deal with that as he could show he didn't stay overnight as  the hotel would register him as  soon as he  arrived maybe around 12 midday then leave before midnight = not away more than 24  hours.

8 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

And he  could  well leave and not stay there overnight, checking out before  midnight, I'd  love to see how they'd  deal with that as he could show he didn't stay overnight as  the hotel would register him as  soon as he  arrived maybe around 12 midday then leave before midnight = not away more than 24  hours.

When the Hotel filed his TM30 that hotel is now the place where he is staying and is registered as such in the database of the IO.  So even if he leaves 1 hour after check-in to return to his home-address a TM30 has to be filed from his home-address as that is then the new place where he is staying.  He - actually his landlord - has 24 hours to do this after his return (but that's of course difficult to check as traveling time needs to be taken into account).   

Just now, Peter Denis said:

When the Hotel filed his TM30 that hotel is now the place where he is staying and is registered as such in the database of the IO.  So even if he leaves 1 hour after check-in to return to his home-address a TM30 has to be filed from his home-address as that is then the new place where he is staying.  He - actually his landlord - has 24 hours to do this after his return (but that's of course difficult to check as traveling time needs to be taken into account).   

He didn't go out of  province for more than 24  hours. They should check his check in and out times then ask him what time he crossed the border  of his  own province, which of  course is absurd. He  could  leave home check in a be back before the 24  hours are  up.

14 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

I'd like to watch when you're trying to convince the IO in your home province you were only staying 12 hours. 

1 hour ago, gunderhill said:

He didn't go out of  province for more than 24  hours. They should check his check in and out times then ask him what time he crossed the border  of his  own province, which of  course is absurd. He  could  leave home check in a be back before the 24  hours are  up.

Or they could just say he needs to file a TM30 when he gets home. It’s up to them. All you have to ask yourself is do you want your next 1 year extension?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huayrat said:

Just get your Girlfriend to check in and sit and have a coffe in the lobby and follow her upstairs after she has the key. 

Yeah, what a life for a man's man, eh? 

Not only an irrelevant minority, no voice, fewer rights to pretty basic s**t, kept in perpetual limbo, having to report our intention to leave the country, when and where we're going, and when we expect to be back, to preserve a delicate immigration status.

And now we've got a new tether, like a dog in a virtual fenced yard that escapes, and the Thais are obliged to report us running around the moo baan - He's here, no, now he's over there, now he's back. I mean really, are we slipping down the slope so that the once unreal sounding proposition of microchip implants, starts to sound appealing? 

But for now, keep yer heads down and stay off the radar even more by avoiding using your name to check in to a bloody hotel.  Pretty soon we'll be The Invisible Man, with a single red button on our chests.  "Push here for cash". 

These babbling dinosaurs down at the Immigration Politburo, a few Leos together after work, might be aware of our little hotel "loop hole", and are letting it go for now, rather enjoying the imagry of the once great ones reduced to hiding in cars and lobbies like a Gik at the boom boom resort.   An amusing state of affairs in the slightly paranoid and kooky Enchanted Kingdom.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:04 PM, Tanoshi said:

That depends if your Local IO are enforcing a new TM30 after returning from out of Province for 24 hours.

3 weeks ago my IO stated 'not required'.

2 weeks ago they stated 'yes, required'.

I didn't ask last week.

Your as well informed now as I, or anyone else is. ????

Same here, depends where or who you ask. Never the same answer.