Marriage Ext Rejected - What are my Options?

6 hours ago, Quack said:

I'm in a similar situation, don't have the 400K and can't seem to prove my income very easily. Certainly, doing so would be a major headache. All told I think going the multi Non O route and taking a short holiday every 3 months is far preferable these days to dealing with immigration for the extension and 90-days reports and TM30 nonsense. 

If you don't have 400k you need to go back to your country! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Don't fly to Thailand without cash money and not to meny stamps in passport I just got refused entry to Thailand they put me in a cell force me to buy ticket to lao and pay 800b for a cell 

They tell me I had to meny stamps in my passport 

Back in lao immigration say to me Thailand stamp in my passport I don't have money 

I show him 30000 b in cash my contact of apartment 14000 b pr months 

My income letter 100000b pr months 

Same I did I airport in Thailand 

He said Thailand is stupid 

Me and my lady have house in Thailand but now we just hate Thailand and stay in lao and here we feel welcome and here is so beautiful and clean 

But good luck to you 

Nice to have a story with a happy ending

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

The >800k method is for a retirement visa extension and has to stay in a Thai bank 2 months before applying and 3 months after. 

Thanks. My 800,000k is not in my account anymore. What can I expect to happen when I do my 90 day report and ask to see my money? Any idea?

6 hours ago, Airalee said:

FWIW, Last month (July) I used an agent to change a tourist visa to a Non-O based on retirement using the ฿800,000 in the bank method.  Everything was done at Changwattana.

Contrary to what other people are saying here (and it may be different for a visa based on marriage), I WAS required to present documentation from Bangkok Bank showing that the ฿800,000 deposited in my account came from OUTSIDE Thailand.

YMMV

Yes.. the initial 90 days non-o *visa* based on being over 50, if you get that inside Thailand, you do have to show that the 800k came from abroad. But in that case it doesn't even need to be seasoned for any amount of time. But when we are talking extensions of stay, no matter if its 800k for based on over 50, or 400k for based on marriage, there is no requirement to show the origin of the money. You do need to have the money seasoned then though.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, cplgil said:

If you don't have 400k you need to go back to your country! 

Or another country. Not many Thais have 400,000k or 800,000k permanently on deposit. The 40k/65 should logically be averaged out as it indicates sufficient yearly funds. Its ironic that the foolish expats who paid sin sot, build houses for their wife and her family may now have to leave due to these stupid laws.  Stupid lawscan only be workable if they are not applied. A case in point being Saudi Arabia and many other muslim countries where homosexuality is punishable by death. But the law is not applied due to the widespread practise of homosexuality. The same applies to the UK drug laws where possession of cannabis is punishable by 7 years inprisonment. It is not applied because it is impractical. It is the same in Thailand with the TM30 and financial requirements. There are too many flaws in the way they are formulated.  This is why wiser older heads in the past did not apply them rigorously. The current powers that be, ignorant  unelected and unaccountable probably had no idea of the damage or just do not care. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Nice to have a story with a happy ending

Thanks. My 800,000k is not in my account anymore. What can I expect to happen when I do my 90 day report and ask to see my money? Any idea?

No one will ask you to show any money when doing the 90 days report. It's just about you staying at same address as reported in the TM30. Is it your first 90 days report? 

35 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Or another country. Not many Thais have 400,000k or 800,000k permanently on deposit. The 40k/65 should logically be averaged out as it indicates sufficient yearly funds. Its ironic that the foolish expats who paid sin sot, build houses for their wife and her family may now have to leave due to these stupid laws.  Stupid lawscan only be workable if they are not applied. A case in point being Saudi Arabia and many other muslim countries where homosexuality is punishable by death. But the law is not applied due to the widespread practise of homosexuality. The same applies to the UK drug laws where possession of cannabis is punishable by 7 years inprisonment. It is not applied because it is impractical. It is the same in Thailand with the TM30 and financial requirements. There are too many flaws in the way they are formulated.  This is why wiser older heads in the past did not apply them rigorously. The current powers that be, ignorant  unelected and unaccountable probably had no idea of the damage or just do not care. 

The pension you get back home arrives about the same time every month,and the amount is usually about the same,too. So what's the problem with the requirement to actually transfer that sum? You do know that the new requirements are just for people from the UK, US and Australia? For the rest of the world income letters from the embassies are the way you show your pension,and then you don't have to transfer >40k/>65 monthly. If you come from one of those 3 countries,blame your embassy,not Immigration.

Edited by Max69xl
More info

12 hours ago, DumbFalang said:

Anyhoo....just found out that the Vietnamese eVisa takes 3 full working days to process, so it's a bit tight as my current visa expires on the 6th of September.

Going to research a trip to Laos - I know there's a good thread on here about it....

4 hours ago, Max69xl said:

No one will ask you to show any money when doing the 90 days report. It's just about you staying at same address as reported in the TM30. Is it your first 90 days report? 

Thanks for your reply. No I have never in 4 years done a TM30 report..perhaps 4 years ago but subsequently, and I travel a lot around Thailand and abroad twice a year,  i have never been asked for one. I have had the same address for 4 years. But I will have changed my address by the time i do my next 90 day report. 

Edited by sunnyboy2018

7 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

If your IO does not ask you to return to specifically show the 800k after 3 months (which is happening in Jomtiem, Chiang Rai and I think one other place), there is no issue, as it is not usually part of the 90 day reporting of residence process. I might worry next extension renewal though.

Can you do your 90 day report on-line?

On 8/30/2019 at 9:08 AM, DumbFalang said:

It's not impossible - just absolute nonsense..... but it's looking more like I will have to go through with it.

Haha - I am actually a self employed software developer and my income comes from mainly the US and Australia. The farm belongs to my wife...... and it's a black hole where all my hard earned income goes ???? 

I guess your wife and family work hard on the farm, so why be so mean to her? And if you don't  like it, go, instead of whining about her

2 minutes ago, Fred31 said:

I guess your wife and family work hard on the farm, so why be so mean to her? And if you don't  like it, go, instead of whining about her

Type the following into Google...

Sarcasm

and press Enter

6 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Thanks for your reply. No I have never in 4 years done a TM30 report..perhaps 4 years ago but subsequently, and I travel a lot around Thailand and abroad twice a year,  i have never been asked for one. I have had the same address for 4 years. But I will have changed my address by the time i do my next 90 day report. 

When you do the 90 days report: They check that you're staying at the same address. That's the only purpose for the 90-days report.

If the guy behind the desk sees that the last reported address is somewhere else, you'll be told to submit the TM30,and you'll probably get fined. Then you can do the 90 days report. But remember, you only have 7 days to do it after the Due Date on the slip in your passport. If you're late,then it will cost you 2000 baht.

On 8/30/2019 at 5:34 PM, Max69xl said:

The pension you get back home arrives about the same time every month,and the amount is usually about the same,too. So what's the problem with the requirement to actually transfer that sum? You do know that the new requirements are just for people from the UK, US and Australia? For the rest of the world income letters from the embassies are the way you show your pension,and then you don't have to transfer >40k/>65 monthly. If you come from one of those 3 countries,blame your embassy,not Immigration.

My pension and all money arrive in my UK account.  I tranfer money here totalling 700k to 800k intermittently. The uk pension is less than a quarter of my income. I am tired of this out dated obsession with pension payments. My properties and other investments generate my retirement income and my security. Thanks for your answer

On 8/30/2019 at 11:00 PM, sunnyboy2018 said:

The 40k/65 should logically be averaged out as it indicates sufficient yearly funds.

Totally agree with that statement, it just needs the bank to hiccup and there is little room to correct, even though you have the income, especially if your only in Thailand <75% of the time.

On 8/30/2019 at 11:34 PM, Max69xl said:

The pension you get back home arrives about the same time every month,and the amount is usually about the same,too

The back home pension, is only of any use when applying to the Embassy or consulate (and probably only in the UK), as Immigration cannot recognize it, irrelevant to them really...

On 8/30/2019 at 11:34 PM, Max69xl said:

You do know that the new requirements are just for people from the UK, US and Australia? For the rest of the world income letters from the embassies are the way you show your pension,and then you don't have to transfer >40k/>65 monthly. If you come from one of those 3 countries,blame your embassy,not Immigration.

Reading that I have to think....

Oh yes I know, but the UK embassy has nothing to do with my income, they do not issue verification of income, that is just a legacy arrangement before my time, quite impossible to think to "blame" them for anything.

I can just read the extension requirements roughly as they are now, at this moment in time, unless of course I've missed a bit of new information, in a thread that's been put on, whilst I was typing this ???? ???? .

3 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

My pension and all money arrive in my UK account.  I tranfer money here totalling 700k to 800k intermittently. The uk pension is less than a quarter of my income. I am tired of this out dated obsession with pension payments. My properties and other investments generate my retirement income and my security. Thanks for your answer

I think that income profile shall become much more typical. When I stopped work last year the proportion of people with the old style pensions was very rapidly reducing in proportion.

Though I'm experimenting with sending monthly transfers at the moment, it does not seem very practical, even a quarterly requirement would be better.

5 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I don't know what visa you're on, but if you come from the UK and are retired you can't get any income letter from your Embassy anymore. So, if you're using the >800k in the bank (like I do) the new requirements have just changed a bit. But,when using the >65k monthly, and no income letter,then the new requirements are quite tough for many expats from the UK. I don't know what you mean by "outdated obsession". Do you have any retired friends from the UK in Thailand depending on their pension? It doesn't sound like that.

I know many many since years back, and they have a hard time meeting the requirements from Immigration just because of no income letter, and the way they have to prove that the transfers are international. Maybe you have a lot of money, I am not poor, either, but don't think that every expat is in the same situation.