Rejected from Thailand at Don Muang

2 hours ago, Seano88 said:

Because she was a lesbian lol! 

I took a bad exchange rate from a Jewish currency exchange shop in the Jewish quarter in Rome a few years back. 

"don't go to the Jewish area to change your money, I got ripped of by a jew down there" 

Is that wrong? 

Yes, two 'f's required. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Thailand is overrated.  I wonder whether there're any study comparing Vietnam and Thailand.

Yep, it's certainly gone down in recent times, I'd never recommend Thailand any longer, not even for tourists. But as a country to retire in....gotta be joking. Vietnam, PIs, Cambodia seem like better choices now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

You're here to see your Thai wife?

Well dammit we can't have that!!

DENIED!

You wont be alone,  neither will your wife be alone in the village .555

That said , i am a firm believer in trust , without that what do we have,  just another visa...

Edited by elliss

On 9/1/2019 at 6:36 PM, Suradit69 said:

Frequently when farang feel they've lost face they resort to making disparaging and irrelevant ( and fictional) comments about officers' manners, appearance even one comment about the teeth of an I/O or whatever, in a childish attempt at retribution. 

You can't seriously believe calling this woman a lesbian was relevant or was meant to be a neutral descriptor . It's fairly obvious that in his tiny mind it was a put down ... and of course I don't mean tiny minded in a rude way,  just as a casual observation.

I find being called a farang extremely offensive as in many cases it is not used as a polite term by Thai people.

I’m sure you didn’t mean it like that though did you??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Parker2100 said:

So how does her possible sexual orientation make it in your statement at all if it isn't supposed to mean something?

Maybe he was insinuating that she has an inherent bias against men. Considering the amount of reports here about her, it might not be a leap too far.

You and others are just taking the whole thing too far.

It only weakens your argument when you split hairs over something so petty.

40 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

I find being called a farang extremely offensive as in many cases it is not used as a polite term by Thai people.

I’m sure you didn’t mean it like that though did you??

Suradit69 is a troll. Don't feed him. Derailed a whole forum by saying you can not call a spade a spade. Brainwashed just like a Jehovah witness. Waste of space, trying to forced his brainwashed ideas on people who have innate common sense. For Christs sake, get a life.

Edited by Langkawee
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2019 at 6:03 PM, Parker2100 said:

I don't know if she is Lesbian though. When I smiled at her, she was more than willing to smile back, intensely. 

Now she's sounding borderline psychotic, like a Bond villain's henchwoman. If you pushed your luck you might find she's got a poisoned spike concealed in the front of her shoe. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Seano88 said:

Yeh was held in Don Muang, forced to sign and had to pay for a flight back to KL. 

You should have refused to sign that document. We've had reports of others that were denied to enter at Don Muang and threatened with detention, but they refused to sign the document , its all in Thai anyway so you can not read it.  
I am pretty sure they would had let you through, pay for a Thai lawyer next time. After all you have a kid here.  

9 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

Your not taking the advice given, only from other disgruntled visitors to this forum. If you look in a mirror you'll see the real reason. If you are really good at Thai and are a good salesman, you should be able to respectfully charm the officer. Watch how Thais treat a similar situation, would be a good start. Things will not improve until you change that image. Since you had a long work history and are young, it logical to assume you will be working again. You are not Thai and Thai immigration is holding all the cards. Ask the IO how you can visit you son, if that why you are trying to come. She might have a suggestion and be pleased to be asked. 

Getting a visa to see you son would make better sense, but I have no experience with that. 

You are annoying. 

I asked all the relevant questions but it fell on deaf ears. 

22 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

Exactly, Do it right and no problems.

But why ME?!?!

Because your passport exactly fit the same pattern as all the rest. You chose to ignore that. Based on an off visa you lotteried there your are standing in front of the IO.

All the machinations and petty strategies. Do this not that. Go to BKK not DMX. Try this or that consulate.

None of it is long term thinking and each one will get stuck with a flat, gear and a bank account all the while seriously wondering - why me?

Most likely most will lose everything but the bank account.

As Donald Rumsfeld called them. Dead enders. People that just have no clue when to quit.

I realize this is no 'help' but there was none to provide in such posts. Of course we get round 76....OH...try the border!! This border, that border....none the least guaranteed. All just chancing it yet again.

Why you'd bother with a gf with such a visa transient status strikes me as just wrong.

Edited by Number 6
  • Thanks 2

On 9/2/2019 at 5:33 PM, Seano88 said:

Stamp apparently says reason for rejection is financial which is not true. 

Person who translated it said they had to use that as there is no stamp probably for the reasons they gave me. 

IMG_20190902_112749.jpg

IMG_20190902_112805.jpg

IMG_20190902_112810.jpg

That is why I show my financial documents and/or cash every single time.  Whether they ask or not.

This last time, I almost had to force them to look at it by continually putting it on front of them.

On 9/2/2019 at 5:38 PM, Seano88 said:

Because she was a lesbian lol! 

I took a bad exchange rate from a Jewish currency exchange shop in the Jewish quarter in Rome a few years back. 

"don't go to the Jewish area to change your money, I got ripped of by a jew down there" 

Is that wrong? 

Stereotypes are wrong yes.  How does here sexuality contribute to your rejection?

After some back-and-forth, she let me in.

I think she just has a thing for looking tough and being hard.

On 9/2/2019 at 7:33 PM, Number 6 said:

You're here to see your Thai wife?

Well dammit we can't have that!!

DENIED!

You said no you where not here to see her.  So you were here for another reason.  You said you were already setup for a job.  Did you have any of those docs or a copy of the work permit application?

Maybe if you said yes, you want to see your wife, they could comprehend your motives.

You said no, so does that mean they think you are not together with your wife and only here to work.

Oh btw, you said you had a job lined up.  Please tell me you didn't try a tourist visa for that?

On 9/2/2019 at 7:45 PM, BuckBee said:

funnily enough if you ask most thai embassies what visa visit your wife for few weeks they say tourist .

I use tourist for most things, it's states leisure use and that could be some time with family, going to a gym for few months, doing photography, bird spotting (including bar birds perhaps !) going to the dentist, watching a movie or going to the dentist (medical tourism)
Current play at BKK airports is getting ridiculous and more incompetence from high ranks controlling BKK IO's than well planned effect of pollicy changes ...

Yeah, but he said no he was not here to see her.

Btw, they often take the literal meaning for tourist.  Which to then you are staying at hotels and seeing the sites.

BS, I know but that is often how they see it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

The bottom line is you can't live long term or come to Thailand to live long term on a VE or tourist visa. It used to be pretty standard along with visa runs but not any more. Its not my opinion as to right or wrong, it just the way it is. Sometimes it might work but sooner or later it wont. It's like always speeding in California. Sooner or later you'll be caught. When caught take it like a man and don't whine.

Yeah, but all to often these days you play by their rules and they don't like when the rules work against them.  So they warp the rules in their favor.

You are right.  That is just the way it is.  But people should complain so everybody knows it's happening.

Remember the "good ol' days" when police could do no wrong before smartphones & bodycams?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Parker2100 said:

Yeah, but all to often these days you play by their rules and they don't like when the rules work against them.  So they warp the rules in their favor.

You are right.  That is just the way it is.  But people should complain so everybody knows it's happening.

Remember the "good ol' days" when police could do no wrong before smartphones & bodycams?

But I only see complain in some forums. As long this is not in the media nobody really cares about the complains!

8 hours ago, HampiK said:

But I only see complain in some forums. As long this is not in the media nobody really cares about the complains!

People care. Thai media has a broader audience.

I think Thai's that see what is happening to tourism care.  Thai friend's of mine are losing jobs.

I have seen an uptick in complaints around the time tourism dropped.  Even before the Baht rose (Which it didn't really...it stayed the same while every other country has their head up there butt).