Bangkokians beware! 4K quality cameras will catch red light jumpers 24 hours a day

webfact

Red light cameras are have been proven thru much use else where.

* They do nothing to lessen traffic accidents

* They generate piles of money for the government

* They cause a great deal of upset to the sheeple

Collection has to be an issue at this time. In the states all police have computers and look up your information during any traffic stop. If you have outstanding violations you will be taken to the local jail. No such thing exist yet in Thailand. Renewing a license could be when they catch up to you...if you have a license to begin with.

I hope the cameras have real 4K video quality, Not 4,000-baht quality. And that they stay operational beyond 24 hours.

And typical of Thailand, everything has a 'promotion' to it. Even traffic fines. Do you idiots know red-light runners can maim, and even kill? Promotion my 4r$e.

4 hours ago, b2bme said:

Amazing Thailand. Proud officers showing that they have just introduced technology used in many other countries for the last 30 years or more. Here in Australia and I'm sure elsewhere the cameras are programmed into your cars SatNav to remind you. There are signs to warn you of the cameras as well so if you run a red light then you are just a fool. The red light cameras here also detect your speed so if you run a red light while exceeding the speed limit you will get a speeding fine as well. Hopefully the Thai officers manage to get the revenue and spend it on more cameras. I think they are a deterrent as well as speed cameras for most people. 

You text that <deleted> above as if it’s some great thing Australia and other nanny areas do!!  Really who are the fools?? I’m glad I live in Massachusetts six months of the year where we would never allow such <deleted> to invade our privacy and our decisions. I like to be at an intersection sometimes at 2 am or whenever and see that no one is coming and proceed through an occasional red light or if you just go thorough a yellow to red light you don’t find a ticket in your mail a few days later. Australians especially are becoming the most over nannied people in world and if you have had these hideous cameras for 30 years I would Bow my head down in shame, not brag about it. Cameras to bust people when THEY decide to break a law that no one would ever see or get hurt by are completely disgusting. So glad many states and cities in USA still don’t allow such <deleted>. 

3 hours ago, alex8912 said:

You text that <deleted> above as if it’s some great thing Australia and other nanny areas do!!  Really who are the fools?? I’m glad I live in Massachusetts six months of the year where we would never allow such <deleted> to invade our privacy and our decisions. I like to be at an intersection sometimes at 2 am or whenever and see that no one is coming and proceed through an occasional red light or if you just go thorough a yellow to red light you don’t find a ticket in your mail a few days later. Australians especially are becoming the most over nannied people in world and if you have had these hideous cameras for 30 years I would Bow my head down in shame, not brag about it. Cameras to bust people when THEY decide to break a law that no one would ever see or get hurt by are completely disgusting. So glad many states and cities in USA still don’t allow such <deleted>. 

Let’s see if you still feel the same when you’re in bits on life support in one of your nanny free states.

1 hour ago, Fairynuff said:
8 hours ago, Purdey said:

Which are the junctions with cameras? Can anyone list them?

Even if I knew I wouldn’t tell you.

Agreed... While I hope speed cameras don't become as ubiquitous as they are in the UK and nothing more than a 'money spinner' I believe 'Traffic light cameras' have a real place in benefiting society and the nations roads... Anyone who jumps a red like is actively open to the prospect of injuring and killing someone - they openly 'take that chance'.... 

Charges for Red light 'jumpers' should be significant. 

That said, in gridlocked traffic it's unfair for someone to be charged for getting caught stranded in a junction when a light turns red. 

Some will now say we shouldn't enter a junction until its clear and that is technically correct, but in practice is impossible when rush hour traffic is moving slowly. When following another car at a junction, to stop and only go ahead when the junction is clear would be ludicrous and generate significantly more traffic as vehicles behind back up. 

The answer is intelligently controlled lights, which allow time to clear the junction and maintain flow as best as possible while keeping the junction as clear as possible. 

Another point - perhaps there would be less red light jumpers if the lights changed more frequently. The duration for which traffic lights are on red here are ludicrous and force people to chance their luck and follow the cars in front after the light has turned red. 

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed... While I hope speed cameras don't become as ubiquitous as they are in the UK and nothing more than a 'money spinner' I believe 'Traffic light cameras' have a real place in benefiting society and the nations roads... Anyone who jumps a red like is actively open to the prospect of injuring and killing someone - they openly 'take that chance'.... 

Charges for Red light 'jumpers' should be significant. 

That said, in gridlocked traffic it's unfair for someone to be charged for getting caught stranded in a junction when a light turns red. 

Some will now say we shouldn't enter a junction until its clear and that is technically correct, but in practice is impossible when rush hour traffic is moving slowly. When following another car at a junction, to stop and only go ahead when the junction is clear would be ludicrous and generate significantly more traffic as vehicles behind back up. 

The answer is intelligently controlled lights, which allow time to clear the junction and maintain flow as best as possible while keeping the junction as clear as possible. 

Another point - perhaps there would be less red light jumpers if the lights changed more frequently. The duration for which traffic lights are on red here are ludicrous and force people to chance their luck and follow the cars in front after the light has turned red. 

If someone wants to kill themselves by driving like an idiot that’s fine by me, it’s who else they might kill that makes something like red light cameras vital.

7 hours ago, spetersen said:

And how would they know who is driving the car, it does't need to be the owner of the of the car in the drivers seat ? I assume they can't held the car owner responsible for a traffic violation like this if they can't identify the driver, and what is going to happened the the new point system is introduced later this year. This will be a tricky one. 

Why tricky? The owner of the vehicle gets the fine or points and that's it.

Don't want to risk getting a fine or points? Don't borrow your vehicle to somebody else.

17 hours ago, andypenn5 said:

Already the Police can't handle or don't want to handle TM30s. They are going to need a huge staff to handle all the documentation. At the lights at Rama IV where the expressway passes over at each change of the lights about 100 motorcycles jump the lights. Good luck to them with that. Or maybe they will only concentrate on the cars and leave the crazy motorcyclists alone.

What have the transport police & TM 30 controlled by immigration police got to do with each other...?

Archived