Three Brits Kicked Out of Thailand

12 minutes ago, Andy25 said:

Going the right way was what he was trying to do. The agent directed him the wrong way.

What he depend on an agent for? He has worked in Thailand, he is married and have children. He should know how to do without the need of help and know a bad advice when he hears it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andy25 said:

It's about knowing the game. He didn't know it. Savannakhet? How long has that been in play? He didn't do it himself. He spoke with an agent about the best thing to do.

Its been in play forever as has Vientiane as has Saigon as has KL ...best stop there. Numerous others. Its not a game. For the 100th time, get appropriate visa. I'm not harsh like this on the under 50, not married, not doing ed visa folk. I often spend time working out "plan" to stay here max before gig is up. This guy you keep backing up had many options some do not. OP, with your post I'm quoting now, did you arrive yesterday? Its very naive.

14 minutes ago, Andy25 said:

It's about knowing the game. He didn't know it. Savannakhet? How long has that been in play? He didn't do it himself. He spoke with an agent about the best thing to do.

Long time. He must know the game if he stays here as a married person with children. Anything else is purely irresponsible.

Just now, Ron jeremy said:

Guess what? The days of shady entries are over, period! 

Stay home.

no pity here.

Don't think anyone is looking for pity! Just a way forward and challenge options. Or do we all just roll over and take all the sheet time after time after time? But if that's the way it is so be it.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Long time. He must know the game if he stays here as a married person with children. Anything else is purely irresponsible.

Well he might have had HR taking care of the sheet most of the time. No excuse I know.

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Its been in play forever as has Vientiane as has Saigon as has KL ...best stop there. Numerous others. Its not a game. For the 100th time, get appropriate visa. I'm not harsh like this on the under 50, not married, not doing ed visa folk. I often spend time working out "plan" to stay here max before gig is up. This guy you keep backing up had many options some do not. OP, with your post I'm quoting now, did you arrive yesterday? Its very naive.

Yes!

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

STOP. Read the very many posts to this rather ridiculous thread. The chap you refer to IS IN THE WRONG. Plain and simple. The "way to move forward" is to obtain the correct visa. Lucky for this guy he has options. Outlined by many posters above. 

Got it. He didn't have is sheet together and his ducks all lined up. He's a total <deleted> up and now he knows it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, shy coconut said:

Why did he keep switching visas?

Started as a tourist. Then worked. Then stopped and did the retirement for 4 years. Then worked again and switched back to a work permit. Then stopped work again. Went tourist again, whilst looking for work, and then decided to go back to a retirement. It's complicated but life an be like that sometimes.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Andy25 said:

For the record the 1,000 pounds came from Thailand. He arranged for that to be sent to him by Western Union when check in staff advised him he would need to show that in his pocket on arrival. In Thailand he has his bank account and his car.

Where did he fly from and which check in staff advised him to have 1000 pounds in 

his pocket? 

I've never been advised about this when checking in at an airport.

Did he have a return ticket?

8 hours ago, Andy25 said:

I think the point of this post is time. When you move between Tourist Visas, Work Permits, Retirement Visas, and back again, the process takes time. Case three was just about to go back to a retirement visa but immigration were not interested in this history of this case. They didn't want to listen.

I'm sure there is more to his story, Don't know why he never applied for PR of Citizenship being in Thailand this long. Actually in the 90's and early 2000's staying in Thailand on visa exempt or even overstaying was no big deal, to get a B visa was easy just needed was a letter from an employer stating they were going to hire you. Only around 2003-2004 did the crackdowns really start on visa exempts.

8 hours ago, Andy25 said:

Well he took the advice of a local agent who's been in the business for more than 20 years.

Why does he listen to an agent and why is he using an agent. He's been in Thailand a long time and should know the system by know, like most of us that have been in Thailand 10-20 years.